TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through May 04, 2012 users admin

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Premier is tonight! Can't wait!

The show is inspired by Judy Smith, a real-life crisis manager with 25 years of experience and a client list that has included Monica Lewinsky, the Chandra Levy family, Michael Vick, and the first Bush White House. She serves as a co-executive producer on the series. ”I think what makes Judy so extraordinary at what she does, and what distinguishes her from some of the other people in this work, is how compassionate she is. She’s really good at solving crises because she really cares about other human beings and wants to take care of them. So that’s something that I made sure to include in the character because I saw how important that is to the work that Judy does,” Washington says. “It’s sorta like this Mama Bear strength. It’s very protective. Once Olivia decides that you are going to be a client, then you’re in the family and she’s going to do whatever it takes to protect her family. She’s so badass and so powerful, but it comes from this very compassionate, caring, almost maternal place, even though she doesn’t have any children of her own. It’s almost like the people that work in her office and are her clients are her family.” And her associates are also in need of fixing. “As the show progresses, we really see more and more that these peple that make up Pope & Associates are each very skillful at managing crisis because they each have a lot of experience with crisis,” Washington says. “So we learn a little bit more about the skeletons in everybody’s closet.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/05/scandal-kerry-washington-shonda-rhimes/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder. :-)

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. :-)

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I liked it. Even better, my DH liked it. lol

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
It was so gooood! Love the quick pace, characters, story line, acting and plot twists.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
oh, crap, what time is it on!

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it was on after Grey's here.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
We learned in one hour that Olivia can cry & her gut is wrong. That Desmond from LOST can act unsexy. Cases can be resolved in under 24 hrs. Conservatives are hypocrites.
And Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Hypermom, after I posted that it occurred to me to just google it, LOL. It was on at 10 and I watched it.

I thought it was very good.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I was looking forward to this show and was disappointed. I'll not be watching again. I am sick and tired of the not-so-veiled rhetoric against Republicans and Conservatives in network tv drama. The crazies are always Republicans and Christians who are gay-bashers, hypocrites, or women haters. I refuse to be brain-watched. Is it any wonder reality TV is popular.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hummingbird, who's watching your brain? :-)

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Ha! I don't want my brain washed or watched. How did that happen?

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Note to self: Must proofread!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'll watch again. I think it has alot of potential.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Because I have other shows to watch and tape, I just watched this one online. I loved it. Loved Olivia, loved the others in her office. This will be on my watch list even if I have to dump some of the other shows.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed it. Knowing it was Shonda Rhimes had my expectations really low which might have had something to do with it. LOL Regardless, will watch again.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
"Hummingbird, who's watching your brain?"

"I don't want my brain washed or watched."

LOLOL!!! That was cute. Thanks y'all, I needed a good laugh out loud!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Anytime.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
VSmart, you left out that we learned Democrats are liars manipulators, and cheats.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy this one! The scandal is getting deep and I look forward to each new show. It's face paced and I look at is a drama rather than a political statement, either way. Was surprised, however, last night to hear this president was a Tea Party president.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
I thought they said the VP was a member of the Tea Party.

It is a good show so far. Interested to see how far "the war" goes.

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
I am officially addicted to this show. The fast pace can be a bit much, but I had NOidea of how they figured out the plane crash. Then figuring out where the non-Amanda had been dumped. So glad Shonda has another hit show.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
who was the guy torturing to get the info on where she had been dumped?
it's petty, but the way the lead character holds her mouth bugs me. LOL
did crack up when the two secret service guys looked at each other after president said he was leaving the white house and said "just like 43"

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Huck was in the CIA and had a mental breakdown after being tortured. He ended up a homeless beggar until Oliva saved him.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Really loving this show! Anyone know how it's doing in the ratings?