TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Scandal

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 04, 2012Rissa25 05-04-12  5:44 pm
Archive through October 19, 2012Stray_cat25 10-19-12  9:38 am
Archive through December 07, 2012Misspoufy25 12-07-12  7:58 am
Archive through January 04, 2013Gurliegirl25 01-04-13  9:12 am
Archive through March 22, 2013Smokey25 03-22-13  9:08 am
Archive through April 09, 2013Jimmer25 04-09-13  7:28 pm
Archive through May 10, 2013Mizinvanccouver25 05-10-13  6:07 am
Archive through November 01, 2013Gurliegirl25 11-01-13  9:22 am
Archive through December 06, 2013Marameko25 12-06-13  11:45 am
Archive through March 15, 2014Merrysea25 03-15-14  12:52 pm
Archive through April 06, 2014Jimmer25 04-06-14  2:50 pm
Archive through October 19, 2014Irsnappy25 10-19-14  8:11 am
Archive through November 17, 2014Saggkl25 11-17-14  5:00 pm
Archive through February 20, 2015Sanfranjoshfan25 02-20-15  11:50 am
Archive through April 23, 2015Texannie25 04-23-15  6:04 pm
Archive through November 22, 2015Legalboxer25 11-22-15  10:16 am
Archive through April 22, 2016Texannie25 04-22-16  5:36 pm
Archive through March 17, 2017Starr25 03-17-17  8:34 pm
Archive through May 08, 2017Texannie25 05-08-17  5:06 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Whu-WHAT?! I had no idea that Jeff Perry (Cyrus) was her father! Now that I've watched him being so evil as "Cyrus" for the last several years, it's difficult to wrap my head around the fact that he and the very funny Laurie Metcalf were once together. :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I called it as soon as Cyrus sat next to Olivia on the steps!! I can't believe he is going to be VP.

Not happy that Olivia is command. I am just really over the whole command thing. Why can't they be gladiators???

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, Olivia Pope is now EVIL. There must have been some better way for the Pope Gang to deal with a murderous VP who had her president-elect husband killed and tried to take over the government than to take it upon herself to personally force her to commit suicide under the threat of ruining her children's lives if she didn't!

At this point, the only "redemption" this show could hope for in it's upcoming final season is to have the entire cast standing on the WH balcony toasting their evil deeds and then end the series with a recreation of this famous scene from "Indepedence Day":

LINK to image

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sheesh, no wonder Olivia is so screwed up!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
And isn’t interesting that there have been no posts abut this show since May!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hesitate to use the phrase “Jumped the shark” because this series has been so over the top from the start. I think they kind of lost their way. I was watching some shows from the first season and they were so emphatic about wearing the white hats and now everyone is a mess. I haven’t watched this latest episode yet though.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
Had they not said this was the final season, I would have bailed on this one!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am still not clear as to who put AF II in peril.
And Olivia’s Mom in silk pj’s in a private prison, sending her Swiss account numbers and letting her leave prison. Yikes

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I watched it. The AF II thing was a setup by Cyrus to elevate his popularity as he is apparently planning to eliminate Mellie somehow and take over.

Olivia sending her Mom to Paris is just stupid, on the part of Olivia and the show writers.

Abby and David are among the few characters on this show that I still sort of like so I'm glad they're happy at least (for the moment).

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
They totally should have stayed with their roots of helping people out of their scandals!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I was watching some shows from the first season and they were so emphatic about wearing the white hats and now everyone is a mess."

Kind of a Breaking Bad - DC version....they wound up with a Heisenberg hat!

I thought the plane thing was Cyrus really early on. After the plane first went wonky, he seemed too rehearsed when he started making his big patriotic speech. I spent the rest of the ep watching to see if something happened to disprove my theory and everything seemed to fit. The sudden dramatic speech, the "lost" laptop he immediately blamed on Jake, the woman taking video on her iPhone during his speech, and then seeing Cyrus gave her a look and a slight nod as he left the plane. And he was so angry that he missed his spotlight at that dinner, and this "coincidence" of an apparent cyber attack put him in an even bigger spotlight.

Never trust Cyrus ever. He was involved in his own husband's murder right after they adopted a baby. Cyrus is all lizard brain.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I missed the look/nod between Cyrus and the reporter. That's what I get for getting comfy in bed and watching this show.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Wow! No talk at all about the series finale?! I just finally watched it myself. I felt bad for David. I want to say he should've known better, but... I'd also like to believe Abby & The Gladiators wouldn't let Cyrus just walk away.

Ah well... the show was a lot better early on, but I still enjoyed it up to the end. Didn't quite get why Olivia's portrait was in the gallery at the end. It would have been nice if the girls were admiring Mellie's.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The finale was kind of flat for me. They were all treasonous murderers who just walked free.

I had crossed fingers that at the end they'd all wind up on a plane and that it would crash into the side of a mountain..or better yet, an active volcano! I was sure it wouldn't happen but it would've been sweet. :-)

I don't think I've ever watched every episode of a series for 7 years and then felt absolutely no empathy for any of the characters at the end...except maybe for Quinn's baby who has two cold blooded killers for parents.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We found the finale to be flat for us too. Probably would have to watch it again to see if we missed anything but it was like the writers just gave up and other than killing David off for no good reason let everybody walk away from murder, treason, etc.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree it was pretty disappointing. The only thing they did was manage to kill the only remaining half decent likable character left on the show. Plus the killer got away with it (as usual) as did everyone else. Except Jake, and knowing how this show works, if it continued, they’d have him out of prison for some ridiculous reason in a couple of weeks.

None of these characters are sympathetic, interesting or remotely likable. I would have liked Sanfran’s ending much better!

Seven years of shows. It was quick to watch at the end though as I fast forwarded through all the Olivia/Fitz love scenes in the last few seasons. Oh and those interminable speeches by the characters that would go on and on.

One question. My recording cut-off when Fitz got out of the car to talk to Olivia. What happened after that? Thanks!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"One question. My recording cut-off when Fitz got out of the car to talk to Olivia. What happened after that? Thanks!"

Sorry Jimmer. I don't even remember that scene! LOL I guess the finale was just so "meh", my brain refused to make room for a lot of the details.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
ROTFL. Maybe we can both imagine he got out of the car and shot her or something entertaining. J/k of course.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 3:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Comforting to see that so many of you were feeling the same as I was. No one to root for in this show. I was hoping it would end with everyone at a state of the union address and a huge bomb would go off killing everyone but the "Designated Survivor" and wall lllaaa...........that is how the show "Designated Survivor" came about.
They just all needed to die.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, Fitz got out and they stared at each other. Then it went back to the gallery where the girls ended up looking at a portrait of Olivia.

Like many, I wasn't very happy with the finale.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for letting me know what happened there. I must have looked away for a moment because I remember the part of the little girls looking at the portrait.

So what is the significance of the portrait? Does that mean that Olivia eventually becomes President?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The finale came just weeks after Barack AND Michelle's portraits were revealed. But lets not forget the Gallery is not just about presidents and first ladies... the latest acquisitions of portraits (photos and paintings) have included Rita Moreno, Spike Lee, and Madeline Albright.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thank for the heads up Legalboxer. I didn't know that piece of info. I was wondering why her picture was there also.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 1:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"So what is the significance of the portrait?"

Maybe it's because Liv was the first official "First Mistress" that a president actually "shacked up" with inside the WH after dumping his original First Lady.

:-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I came to Scandal a year late; but once I was into it I looked forward to each episode.Talk about going out with a fizzle.......

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Because I had lost interest, I just now watched the last 4 episodes of the last season, hoping against hope that it would end decently. You all have summed up my feelings. They were all disgusting people.

I would have like to have seen then all in the house floor when a huge bomb went off killing them all but the "Designated Survivor"...there starts the new show.

Oh well, what a disaster. Glad I was not alone in my feelings about this show.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: