TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Bold and the Beautiful: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 01, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Liam told Steffy he will always love her, but he knows he would have worked it out with Hope if Bill and Steffy hadn't interfered, and he wants to go back to that. She took it pretty well.

Then he finds Hope and shows her his empty wedding ring finger, and they kiss lots.

I don't see Hope as ever being a "Holier Than Thou" type. She's been a bit prim and proper for sure, but she's never been judgemental of others. And Katie only thinks she's "holier" than Steffy! Taylor is definitely "Holier Than Thou" though, particularly these last few years, before that I liked her.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
OK, maybe not holier than thou. lol How about too good to be true? j/k I know I should like Hope. I just don't.
She put the company and the "wedding" ahead of her fiance. I am not talking about the staying pure til the wedding night thing. I mean the wedding plans took over. Didn't matter who the groom would have been. If they had just gotten married without all the other stuff, they would probably still be together.
She is way too young to be married, though IMHO. Being a soap, it doesn't matter anyway. What's the average lifespan of a marriage? lol
Yes, Taylor is HTT. And, Brooke is being quite the little hypocrite.
Thank you for posting what all happened.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm still bitter that everyone except Brooke thought it was ok for Steffy to persue Liam while he was engaged to Hope. It seems like the only person Hope has on her side is her Mom.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Argh! Why did I pt this on today?

Seriously, Hope? That saccharine sweet "I understand you're hurting" and so on to Steffy. Like you think that would be welcome? And, Steffy called it. She knew Hope pushed Liam to do this. And, telling Brooke she knew her moral stand was right etc. Blech! I know I did not say it how she did, but, I am sorry, she sounded very HTT.
It also showed how easily manipulated Liam is. All anyone has to do is suggest he do something and he is there. lol Right or wrong. And, he could not be bothered to speak with Steffy first? Swell guy.
OK, not watching again for awhile. lol Get too pissed off at these characters, all of them! I like reading the posts here a lot more.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
OK, I take it back. Hope is not HTT. lol She is a lot like Brooke! How self-absorbed. A press conference??? Really? And, an annulment will be official in a day? Well, maybe with the Forrester money. lol I love that Hope thinks that Steffy will just go right along with her plans.
Yes, I watched some of it today. Had some stuff to work on and had it on at the same time. :-(

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Haven't seen today's but yeah, not a wonderful look for Hope, but hey.

I think the annulment is appropriate though (Brooke suggested it btw, Hope and Liam were going to go for a divorce), as he was definitely tricked and manipulated into marriage, even if he was fool enough to go along with it. He might have loved her, but he didn't intend to marry her, and wouldn't have done if he hadn't been kept away from the fiancee he'd split with only the day before. So probably annulment is a reasonable thing under the "fraud" clause, at least in the soap world. Also in the soap world divorces happen in a day, so no surprise they can do an annulment is one, assuming it is uncontested... which it won't be! <<evil laugh>>

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I might agree with the annulment idea, if he had not stayed with her after knowing the truth. He could have tried for an annulment then.
Honestly, Hope is too young to be thinking of getting married especially to someone like Liam. They both need to grow up a bit. lol

Hey, maybe they will think the annulment goes through, get "married" then find out it is not valid. lol

I do not agree with what Steffy or Bill or whoever has done, but Liam needs to grow a set and maybe learn to be a man. Even if it was Brooke's idea, Hope presented it to Liam and he went right along with no thought for Steffy's feelings.
Again, I do not agree with all the nonsense Steffy et al pulled, but why would Hope want to marry someone so easily manipulated? Oh wait, I think I answered my own question. lol

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not so bothered about protecting Steffy's feelings at this point. She caused all this, with the help of Bill. She's lucky she hasn't had to pay (karmically) before. Doing bad things has bad consequences.

The main thing I don't get is why either set of parents is desperate for their daughter to stay with Liam. I'd have told my daughter he wasn't good enough for her long ago.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
So glad I am watching. lol As usual, Hope doesn't listen to Liam asking to speak with her and he didn't make her! I am busting up. She is selfish and an attention, uh, well, whatever. It is all about Hope and what she wants.
I know I am in the minority about Hope. However, I do not want Steffy and Liam together either.

Chief

08-09-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chief a private message Print Post    
Carlpsmom, you are not in the minority about Hope. Trust me, you have lots of people agreeing with you, myself included.

I am personally sick of the Hope/Liam storyline, and cringe EVERY time the writers give us a recap of their love scenes together - ad nauseum!!! Both of them have had a significant role in how things turned out for them, so I'm not seeing how Steffy should be taking this much blame. I agree that there are things Steffy shouldn't have done, like having the gondola stopped. However, a series of events happened between Hope and Liam that Steffy is not responsible for.

For instance, when Liam was engaged, he could have stayed strong and committed to Hope without giving into Steffy's request for that kiss that Hope saw. He was only engaged to Hope, not married! So Steffy, rightfully so, knew that vows had not been exchanged yet. I wouldn't support that, but it's the truth! She didn't hold a gun to Liam's head to make him kiss her the night Hope saw it and over-reacted by calling off her engagement. She didn't force Liam to ask her to marry him. She wasn't holding a weapon, either, when he agreed to an impromptu marriage on the top of that mountain, either!

Bottom line ... Liam is a wimp of gigantic proportions, and now Steffy has to deal with the fallout of a wanna-be man who failed to follow his own heart and make his own decisions. Hope is so vanilla that it's nauseating. I suspect that this sex-therapist coming to the show will be for them, and if so, I'll get a hearty laugh from it. We'll then be treated with Liam's memories of missing his time together with Steffy.

What's weird is that Hope turns out to be more like Taylor, and Steffy turns out to be more like Brooke. Only this time instead of supporting the Brooke-like character, people are supporting the Taylor-like character. Hmmmmm.

Nerovh

06-11-2005

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I think they're all whacked. The writers have pretty much ruined every character on the show, Thorne should be glad they generally leave him alone lol.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Why would they assume Steffy would sign? Hope must think the world revolves around her. lol I will laugh if the wedding doesn't go off after Hope just had to have a press conference! Maybe she will get blasted and sleep with Thomas.
Haven't watched today yet. Should I?

Chief

08-09-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chief a private message Print Post    
Hope reacting the way she did is the exact reason why Liam was uncomfortable in the first place! She dragged him in front of the cameras and media once again, making her career priority. Steffy called it, and Liam knows it. So once again, Hope puts herself first and wants Liam to fall in line. He even told her how uncomfortable this makes him while they were still engaged, but I guess his feelings don't matter as long as she gets what she wants. He tried to explain before the press conference, but she wouldn't even give him a minute - too excited about her OWN success. What a travesty this is turning out to be already.

Carlpsmom, I haven't watched today yet, either. I hope they do "marry" so the whole thing will become a farce. Then BOTH Liam AND Brooke will be portraying themselves the same way they tried to portray Steffy - manipulative. And WHEN Hope finds out she's shacking and not truly married, she'll come unglued!! Maybe then Liam will bark at Brooke to stop making decisions for him the same way he barked at Bill.

But I don't think it'll happen that way. I think someone will stop the wedding because Steffy won't sign the papers. GO STEFFY! How dumb do they think she is? Glad she's showing them she's smarter than the both of them put together. Did those dunces think she would be glad to be dumped so they could ride off into the sunset? Ugh!

BTW, Ridge is worthless as a father, pushing one daughter to sign annulment papers so the other can be happy! He should be advising BOTH of them to take a minute to breathe and settle their emotions! Brooke has always been worthless, though, so I don't expect much from her except the same hypocrisy she's been living. If Hope and Liam do need that sex therapist, I'll bet Brooke will be only too happy to bed down her 2nd daughter's husband until Hope is ready. Geesh!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Rick is just as bad as Steffy could dream of being. Another waste of DVR space.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
lol Hope is just as bad too!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What on earth was that today with Bill looking all soft focus at Brooke?!?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL...That was so funny.

Bill had just gotten done saying that men think about sex 35 times an hour, so I figured it was just something silly to show how it's true.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered if it was just that, but it seemed a bit too humourous for the B&B writers these days!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 2:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hey Kitt, you know how I have been catching up on all of the seasons of "Criminal Minds"? Well I am already caught up to part way through the current season and guess who I saw in ep 5 of this current season 7? I saw Katie! She played kind of a loose mom of a teenage girl. I know you watch CM so I wondered if you remembered seeing her.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I do vaguely remember that! She seems to be on BnB quite a lot at the moment, I'm surprised they let her have time off.

Seeing those flashbacks of Amber and Rick today, I wish I'd been watching it then! It seems like they hired Amber as a babysitter for a 17 year old!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I noticed they gave Big Brother Rachel some more lines at the pub this past week. I think that's like 10 or even more eps of BnB she has been in.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Call me delusional, but I really don't think Hope is going to lose her virginity to Liam. I think Hope and Oliver would be a sexier scene for us viewers.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure Hope is really capable of sexy. One thing I don't like about BnB is they concentrate so much on sexy and not so much on the loving side of it. They've even had virginal Hope talk about little but how horny she is for the last few episodes. It... annoys me!

Don't know if anyone watches Parenthood, but they had a teenage boy there sleep with his girlfriend for the first time and the show did it perfectly, they just looked very loving together and then went off into his bedroom. There was no fussing over sexy lingerie, no great speeches or talk about wanting to rip each others' clothes off, they just knew they were ready and got on with it!

On another subject, the guy who plays Nick is on Dancing With The Stars this season. I think he could be quite good as he's musically inclined.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
So, now it is OK for her to lose her virginity to a married man, because they are "committed"? Great role model.

I will laugh my patootie off if she either a) doesn't go through with it b) hates it c) Liam cannot, well, you know.

I am not supportive of Steffy and Liam, but if Hope was so adamant about it being for a lifetime, then 6 months should not be a big deal. If she is worried about him going to Steffy because he cannot get it from her, then I would say that is a problem.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked how the other day Katie said to Hope that IF she decided to sleep with Liam she didn't have to tell the world about it!

Hope's message was always don't be forced to do what you don't want to do, and it's ok not to have sex, rather than a fixed "no sex before marriage," but I agree as Liam's technically married it makes it a lot worse. But then if any marriage came about by fraud it's this one, so I don't know.

I think, although she is committed to Liam she's sleeping with him now to get back at Steffy and because of fear that if she doesn't, Liam will be seduced back by Steffy. I just wish they'd get on with it and not make it everyone else's business.

Soooo ready for a different storyline.