TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Home "Improvement" Shows: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ---with Ty: Archive through April 15, 2009 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 18, 2008 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK, I'm teary-eyed now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTiYA1WiY8

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 18, 2008 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And then look at the 'related videos'

and I'm still looking, he does have a CD.

He won the Disney inspiration award too.. there are videos of that there too.

At that link look for the award video.. part one is the same with a bit more about the award, then go to part two.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 18, 2008 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Here is the CD; I just ordered it..

http://www.patrickhenryhughes.com/MUSIC.html

http://www.patrickhenryhughes.com/

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 03, 2008 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was very happy for this family. I am not a Toby Keith fan but when he was singing for the soldiers, I couldn't keep from crying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For once they let the family actually meet the star they love and be there for the performance. I always feel sort of sad when someone's idol comes to help out and they only get to see it on Ty's video cam. So this was very cool.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 3:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Patrick Henry Hughes will be on Ellen today..

Wink

10-06-2000

Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wink a private message Print Post    
My daughter, who is an elementary school teacher, spent her March break in New Orleans working on rehab with a relief group that is based in New Orleans.

During the week she was there they got a call from Extreme Home Makeover asking for volunteers to help finish up one of the homes that will be in tonite's finale. She was one of the ones chosen to go so tonite we will be having a finale party and she will be wearing her Extreme Home Makeover hardhat and t-shirt.

She said it was exhilarating and heartbreaking at the same time. The Extreme Crew have all the bells and whistles needed to rehab and the one nite she spent with them was unbelievable. On the other hand the rest of the week was spent doing what they could for individual families who needed stuff like 4 foot tall weeds and grass cut and spraying for mould and ripping out drywall. One end of the spectrum to the other.

Mocha

08-12-2001

Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mocha a private message Print Post    
Woo Hoo!!

Moondance

07-30-2000

Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moondance a private message Print Post    
Winks that is so great of her to do all that hard work. You did good:-) I wouldn't have expected any differently from one of your kids:-)

I will be watching thinking of you!!

Tess

04-13-2001

Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tess a private message Print Post    
Wow, Wink! I'll be sure to watch tonight. It's great that she got that opportunity. She must be one awesome person. Takes after her mom I hear.

Wink

10-06-2000

Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wink a private message Print Post    
Thank you all very much. And yes she is very special and totally awesome. Much more like her dad than her mom.

She's also been selected, with her teaching partner, to be an "O" Ambassador which is a new program aimed at educators being promoted by Oprah. When I get more info on that I'll go bragging about it in the Oprah thread.

Curious1

08-31-2002

Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curious1 a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode with the Marine who lost a leg in Iraq and then had his wife walk out on him and their four children was so very touching! What an incredible man...and I'm really wishing him and his family the best!

Serate

08-21-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
'Extreme Makeover' house faces foreclosure

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That's their fault and not the show's.

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Yep sure is.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Obviously this family has no money management skills. I don't blame some of the volunteers for being bitter. To blow thru $450 grand that was a gift is disgraceful. I'm sure some of the volunteers that were involved with this Extreme Makeover will think twice before doing something like this again. This just makes it harder for those deserving (and grateful) families to get help.

Bunkynut

07-07-2004

Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bunkynut a private message Print Post    
Bumping for the 2 hour (6-8pm, cst) season premiere tonight.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
This Sunday's show was done here in Charlotte.

Fiat

10-07-2004

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fiat a private message Print Post    
The team worked on a house, and several other projects in Chapman, Kansas, this past week. I went over for "the reveal" with my boys. We participated in them filming crowd scenes, including two practice runs of the limo arriving (no one got out) and the crowd chanting "Move that bus!". We saw Ty, and a couple other cast members. We were there for nearly two hours, and it was cold and the boys wanted to leave, so we didn't get to actually see the family arrive nor the bus actually move. But it was still an awesome experience. The episode is scheduled to air in late January.

Fiat

10-07-2004

Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fiat a private message Print Post    
The episode is on now. Can't wait!

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
I am a huge fan of this show! This season it's about "heros". A word that can mean so many different things to so many people. Tonight I think anyone would be hard pressed to say the word didn't apply.

So much for one family to go through--so much for an 18 year old to do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just watched the episode from last night, just cannot stop crying.. what a sweet man the father was. What a wonderful mom, and kids..

(the episode where the dad had brain cancer, that had relapsed, one child, 6 adopted, all special needs. Dad had a turn for the worse just before the bus arrived and was in the hospital, went blind while there and died three days after the house was complete. He knew they were there (wife and kids were sent to a house on water locally) and he got to touch a scale model of the house that was also built for the daughter who is blind.

Stevie Wonder came to the house, just to perform for them in their music room.. not really perform, but be with them.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sea, wasn't it emotional?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OMG, yes! If they could just convince Ty to totally ditch the shouting, the bullhorn and the stupid games when he is keeping a room secret, as he did for the most part last night.. most weeks I record and ff through so much, just want to see the family and see the reveal, but shows like this one, wow.. some of Ty's team have become SO sensitive and so good with people.. like the one guy working with the blind daughter and when they went to the limo the first time, he ran with her the entire length of the vehicle so she could feel it and really understand how long it was..little touches.

And the mom.. I loved how she was with Stevie.. I'm betting there are almost no fans who would be that sweet, sincere, touchy and TOTALLY not awkward. And her signing was a work of art! OK, now I'm welling up AGAIN.

Native_texan

08-24-2004

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Native_texan a private message Print Post    
I came in late on the show but I was curious as to why the dad was never shown and at the end you see the mom go into the hospital room with the model and you can hear her talking. Then, WHAM!!!!, you read that he died three days later. I was sobbing.