TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: WORDLE: Archive through January 13, 2022 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Has anyone heard of this new game?

The creator posts a new game everyday and there's no ads on the page.

Basically, you have to think up a 5 letter word and type it in. It will tell you if you got a correct letter, a correct letter in the right place, and if a letter is not used at all. You get 5 tries.

I played for the first time today and I got it in 4 tries. I would have gotten it quicker if I had realized that it told you when a letter isn't in the word.

Here's the link that explains the game, and there's a link in the article to get to the game.

Can anyone beat my 4 tries?

What is Wordle? A viral word game everyone’s playing

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It took me all 5 tries, but I got it. I had never heard of this before your post :-)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I never heard of it before, either. They did a story about it on the Today show this morning. The creator made it for his girlfriend because she likes to do crossword puzzles. He sounds like a keeper. :-)

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
This sounds a lot like a game show that used to be on TV!

Where do I click to enter my guess(es?)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Grooch. Fun! I was only 1 letter off. :-) It reminds me of Wheel of Fortune.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Did better today. Got it on the last try. :-)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I got it on the 3rd try. I was concentrating on the letters that weren't in the word this time and forgot about the one letter that was in the word. Otherwise I would have gotten it on the second.

Tntitanfan, you just type the letters then hit the enter button on the bottom left of the keyboard.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It took me 5 tries this morning. My first 2 guesses had zero letters that were in the word.

I discovered this morning that the keyboard, itself, keeps tracks of the letters you used and the status of them. Saves a lot of time from checking and rechecking if you had already used a wrong letter and what letters you have left to choose from.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I don't see a place to "just type the letters!" No blanks no boxes!!

Bzbee

04-26-2004

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bzbee a private message Print Post    
where is this game played? I do not see a place to just enter letters either? Or have my keyboard keep track of any letter usage. I am confused where this is on TVCH.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here, try this link.

Link

If it still doesnt work for you guys, I'm wondering if because of the type of thing you are using. I'm using a tablet.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, that link worked!! Thanks a lot!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My daughter turned me on to this the other day. She also turned me on to the NY Times Spelling Bee.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I heard about Wordle after watching The Today Show. They did a bit on it and so I had to download the app!! I still haven't been successful in solving the 5 letter word for 4 days straight. I will achieve a win soon!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Anyone have the direct link to download the app? I misplaced it.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Just google Wordle -I played yesterday and got it with 3 maybe 4

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx I found it a couple of days ago. 😀 I'm not as good. I need all 6 clues so far.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm stuck on today's puzzle. I'm hoping taking a time out, the word will pop out to me when I go back.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I hope I'm not spoiling it for you, but something I wasn't aware of.... the same letter can be repeated within a word.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is what tripped me up today!