TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Worst Cooks in America

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Worst Cooks in America users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 19, 2012Pdxtransplant25 02-19-12  10:49 am
Archive through March 26, 2012Happymom25 03-26-12  9:11 am
Archive through February 18, 2013Tntitanfan25 02-18-13  7:54 pm
Archive through October 29, 2015Granjan25 10-29-15  8:53 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
NOw, you don't have to kill a lobster that way, if you have time, you can put it in warm water, with a few drops of alcohol and let it fall asleep and die peacefully.
The galloping Gourmet taught me that, or you can thrust a pin through it's head and kill it quickly -if you watch Z nation - give it mercy. But yes, the lobsters feel pain and the boiling water is torture. But what does she think happens to crabs?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So basically you are saying that get it drunk and it doesn't bother the lobster nearly as much? (I haven't ever eaten a lobster by the way - I don't eat shellfish but that screaming thing really puts me off!)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think I recall that even Gordon Ramsey advocates a knife through the brain, rather than throwing a live creature into boiling water.

And I'm sure she realizes that other animals have died all along to provide meat for this competition. She just didn't have to kill them herself.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I thought I'd read that lobsters are like roaches, as far as brains goes, they don't have one but I can't get over that scene in the movie Julie/Julia and she puts the lobster in the boiling water and it jumps... but then I can't get fish either - catching them, cleaning them... the whole thing is hard on me -because I enjoy eating!

There was even some that advocated putting the lobster in the freezer, then using the knife through and throwing it in boiling water...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
No, Roxip, it is supposed to kill them peacefully, now if you want to put a knife through the brain , they suggest putting it in the freezer for a few minuted because that way it does not wriggle around and no one gets hurt and the kill is quick and precise.
there is a new invention,not for the home, where you can zap them dead quickly, I have no idea about pain, but it is a near instant death.
I remember reading people think they don't feel pain, but on the other side you have trees and vegetables feeling things now, so????

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So I just read today that a local woman is going to be competing on this show in the upcoming season. She applied when she saw it's casting call on an acting agency bulletin board. She's already been on a few reality shows from America's Got Talent to the X Factor. She feels qualified for this show because she's never turned her oven on - ever. She stores her winter clothes in it. She'll be the 'older' one with gray hair.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's very cool, Kappy!

Cathie

08-16-2000

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I was shocked last night to see one of my daughter's best friends from high school on the new season. She is Laura, the lawyer from Ft. Worth. She came across on the show to me as being ditzy and "sparkly" as Rachel Ray described her but all I will say about that is she was a wonderful actress in the high school productions and along with several others in this interesting group of people I think they are encouraging kooky behavior.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sure they do, Cathie.

Kappy, I thought sure your local person was going home last night. Was surprised she didn't!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought that many of them were definitely acting stupid for the tv. It is annoying and I hope most of them are eliminated quickly (for instance the young man eliminated last night certainly fell in that category, as did the older man).

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
New season...horrible cast. I could barely stand to watch this last night because these people clearly are all trying to get their five minutes of fame as being the most outrageous people on television. I find it truly so annoying!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I find most of these "worst" shows that way. There isn't a lot of sincerity.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, this show has really deteriorated....

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Generally I like this show, the Celebrity one more so. I watched this this morning and it is a train wreck. I hate how they all seemed to be acting ott. I may have to tank this season they were (mostly) ridiculous.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree that the most of the cast was behaving as though it was a chew the scenery competition vs cooking. I am disappointed in the people seeming to be over the top caricatures all but screaming for attention instead of people trying to learn how to cook.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
They are over the top this go round. I'm finding myself FF through the silly bits - makes for a very short show

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
have to say the thanksgiving special had me laughing,

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
The people in this new season all want to be on TV no learn how to cook except maybe Carmell. I like her and hope she wins.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I had to give up on this show. It became too campy and silly.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Me too, Karuuna

The whole thing went way beyond silly

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Glad it's not just me. :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
IMO the wrong two were picked for the final.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I agree! I won't be watching. Blech.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Not much of a fan of the show anyway, but that was just wrong. I will pass on the final too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, it's become campy, although I still passively watch while I'm doing other things. The finale has always been a bit boring, but this time it will be intolerable.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 26, 2021 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Last years worst cooks season 20 pulled from circulation as the winner and her husband are accused of murdering their recently adopted 3 year old daughter.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/food-network-worst-cooks-in-america-season-20-winner-murder-ariel-robinson_n_600eef41c5b6a46978d35f7a

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, April 25, 2021 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
A new series starts tonight! Food Network - various time depending on area!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: