TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Work World: Undercover Boss: Archive through January 15, 2012 users admin

Sia

03-10-2002

Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
To be honest, the Chiquita episode is the first and only episode I've seen of this series. It did strike me odd that the CEO had only positive interactions with the employees. You'd have thought that someone would have had something negative to say, LOL.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
well sorry that you had to put the spoiler box due to my post... but honestly I didnt spoil anything that hadnt been broadcast or put in the tv guide excerpt...

I was mesmerized watching the Wrigley Field show! It was great seeing how hard the behind the scenes people worked... for me it wasnt as formulated, maybe because I love the cubs! They did a cap about how Todd had been a cub fan since he was 16 years old - and so they showed a lot of flash backs of the Cubs, the curses too!! (The Bartman incident!)

I loved how they showed he was staying in one of the apratments near the field called "Rooftop" I dont think the Rooftop owners made too much money this year - and there has always been a 'battle' on how legal the rooftops are - and yet Todd stayed in an apartment! (I didnt know they rented those out - great view of the Field!)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually thought this was one of the better episodes...some of the changes that they made were for the entire group of employees, not just singling out one for special recognition. I loved that he got fired several times...and that he got to change the sign and was so enthusiastic about it.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
It's great that field trainer (lettuce-cutting operation in Salinas) is getting his legal expenses paid for in regard to obtaining U.S. citizenship, but I think that rather than send him and his family for a week-long paid vacation it would be far more meaningful to find a way for the family to remain in the same town/STATE 12 months of the year instead of six.

perhaps Chiquita could find a year-round position for their employee in Arizona.

Sia... the nature of the agriculture business has most everyone working between Salinas and Arizona. It has a lot to do with the climate and crop rotations. }

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I liked the Chicago Cubs episode.

I especially liked the fact that the boss met them in a neutral location, not a fancy office.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Really enjoyed tonight, but ouch on the last update....'after getting back together, the band realized their best days are behind them'

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
it was a good one. I wish I liked Subway better though.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Me too. I'm not much into sandwiches and I alwasy consider subway a last choice.

I wish he'd done more for the foster kid. All his gifts were for him to give to others. What about college for him?!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The show tonight is a real tear-jerker, in a good way.

Belfor Restorations has a sensitive CEO.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They put those wigs on the CEO's. How do the people who are working with him not know that it's a wig? The wigs are so bad.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The Belfor guy is the first wig I have seen.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, January 21, 2011 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
TexasDeb - come out come out wherever you are!! I just saw your post in general discussions - you said you worked for the company -

details? impressions on the show/ceo???

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 21, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was a horrible wig. He kind of reminded me of an old 70s hippie!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, January 21, 2011 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I work for the co that was featured on 1/09, UniFirst. I have actually been to our corp. office several times and have met & had discussion with the ceo. He is really a down to earth guy and truely cares about the employees - all 12,000 (give or take) of us. I am going on 15 yrs w/the co and intend to be there for many more - until retirement if all goes as planned.

I, as well as my co-workers was very impressed with the show. I did wander why they only focused on production. We have a top of the line service industry, a strong sales team, and administration is 2nd to none (tee hee....I'm in administration).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I found the show last night with the couple that ran the health care company to be disappointing.

Why did the husband have to go back home to watch the kids. Their company sends out people to do that.

I didn't feel any warmth in the interactions.

If I were a stock holder in the company I would have wondered about all the money she gave away.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, My DH almost went to work for Brightstar. They pay really poorly and don't cover mileage. Most of the people he met at the office in our area complained that the company wasn't worth it and has a REALLY high turnover.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The best part of last night's episode was the young lady saying that she wanted praise for her accomplishments and not for what she had been through in life - that has been a constant feeling in my life so for someone else to say it outloud just made me so happy!!!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I just saw last night's episode and I don't know what it is, but things just seemed "off" with this CEO and the company. I got the impression that they really exploit their workers, but the CEO is acting like she had no idea.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Just saw your post, Texasdeb. About 30 years ago, my dad worked as a salesman for UniFirst, and always got to go on the annual company trip for reaching his quota. One year he took my brother to Bermuda (or the Bahamas, not too sure) and another year he took me with him to Cancun. Married my husband quite a few years after dad had left the company, and turns out my DH was a supervisor on the laundry floor. Small world, eh?

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Haven't been watching this show since shortly after it started. I liked the first few episodes, but then it just seemed really formulaic. Every episode seems like the one before it, just different company and different people. That said, I caught a few mins of the Balfour Restoration episode tonight (repeat) and it was a real tear jerker. Loved seeing how genuinely emotional the CEO got.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, there is a formula - companies really love their employees, the CEO is initially suspisioous, but the workers are all wonderful and care about their customers and you should hire/by from this company.
Then a few people whose sob stories were featured are heavily rewarded, while the rest of the3 workers still labor for low pay under pay freezes or what not. Nothing really changes in the company,aybe they add a feature or two, but there is no change between management and worker bee.

Basically it is a commercial to clean up reputations. maybe some are really nice but most just want to get workers off their backs. I wonder how much companies pay to be on this show?

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I liked this show in the beginning, but now feel it is not real. It is odd that every episode features someone sitting down with the undercover boss and telling their sob story. I think they know they are on a tv show, it has been on over a year now and how many times can they go into a company with the story that the cameras are there to feature a documentary or that two people are competing for the same job with cameras in tow? It has become unbelievable, in my opinion.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Basically it is a commercial to clean up reputations.

So true.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wow! That resort boss was really generous!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well yes, but he was so arrogant and smarmy that I just hated him.