TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Kardashians: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 16, 2012 users admin

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Escapee I somewhat disagree. No one should be forced to state their sexuality. What if his parents are some super religious freaks that see gay people as an abomination and Kris is trying to out him on National TV. He could very well lose his relationship with his parents.

I am not saying this is the case, I just don't agree that people should badgered into publicly declaring their sexuality.

ETA
Is he hiding his homosexuality?

Men and women have and continue to do this in Hollywood for fear they may lose their careers. Sadly, they may not be wrong.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I am sure Cheban could have opted out of that screen time and NOT gone to lunch with Kris & Kim, NOT brought a girl over, etc. etc.

. I'm not seeing it as a show, I am seeing it as Cheban's PR for himself.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I get that, my point was more general that people shouldn't be FORCED to declare their sexuality publicly.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
No, and he isn't being forced to either. But the way he skated around it, chose to be on the show and be questioned and then put yourself in the position to be questioned AGAIN on camera that is being aired to millions of viewers. What's the point?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
How would he have known that Kris H. would get into a topic like that?

And I agree that it's wrong wrong wrong to try and make someone declare their sexual preferences.

There are SO many homophobes out there, and let's consider this scenario. A couple of gay men begin badgering another man about whether he is gay or straight. We'd probably see either a punch to the faces of the gay men, or, fear in the eyes of the straight man because he is being eyeballed by <gasp> gay men!

I don't know, maybe it's a totally wrong sort of scenario, but I think in general, straight men are more likely to badger someone they perceive as gay than the other way around.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
He couldn't have walked away from it? He couldn't have had it in his 'contract' to not discuss his sexuality if it was such an issue to him to keep it under wraps? I just don't see it, is all. And I do agree that no one should have to answer anything they do not want to, but he was such a poser about it. Was it to purposely make Kris H look bad? I'm just trying to figure out why he allowed that to be an issue ON CAMERA in the first place.

And I agree with your last statement, but I don't see Cheban as the innocent party here at all. Of course, I've never cared for the man since his show where he badgered that poor girl to get lip injections and basically told her she was ugly without plastic surgery. I really don't care for him, but then again, that girl put herself in that position to be on his stupid show.

Basically, it's the kind of person Cheban is, gay or straight, he's a tool and needs to be put in his place (mainly off of TV!)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me (In fact I am sure it's true) that producers told Kris to say that stuff to him to add drama to the show and get us talking. DING DING DING....look what we are doing. Of course, Kim is not going to come off bad in this, they have invested too much money in her to let her look bad to her minions. Kris on the other hand is disposable.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Kris & Kim had NOTHING in common. Once the infatuation wore off I think Kim realized her sweet prince was really a big ogre.

They just weren't a good fit. I mean did he honestly think he would make her a Minnesota housewife?

Kim did the right thing. Better to end it early then drag is out for years or heaven forbid bring kids into this unhealthy relationship.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I agree nothing in common. He deserves someone more down to earth and she probably doesn't need to be married with her career the way it is.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I still think it's hilarious when Khloe and Kourtney were in the car a few episodes back, and Kourt said, "Kim's just mad cause she's married to a barking dog!" Pretty funny!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for Kim. She seemed sincere and truly dismayed that she didn't miss him. I have not liked Kris nor thought they were a good match from the get go. His behaviour and manner at times are totally ignorant. While Kim is self-absorbed he seems to have little regard for anyone, and no self awareness. I think Kim had set herself a timeline and thought it was her last chance. I agree with Frogichik better to end it now. Yes they should have ended it before it got this far but I think it takes a really strong person to admit they made a mistake and call off a wedding once it is in motion, I don't think Kim is that person. But it does take some guts to do what she did. Maybe the easy thing would have been to go thru the motions and pretend she was happy with him.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think several things about this family and this show.

I think the kardashians really love one another. I think quite a lot of the family interactions, good and bad, are totally natural and not just for the camera.

I also think a lot of what they show is totally fake and done just for the tv show, such as kourtney doing coupons and "cleaning up" Scott's parents' house.

I think Kris. H acts like a jerk and doesn't seem very nice or caring about others and behaves very immaturely. He actually said all those things we've been shown. And, I also think that they edited him to show mostly only the negative things, and only the positive things about Kim, once they split. There may be quite a lot of negative things kim said that were edited out.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
That scene with Kim & her Mom in the car talking about the marriage was 100% NOT filmed in Dubai! I don't know for a FACT, but I guarantee it was filmed after the fact to make the dissolution of the marriage fit more into the storyline. I know this happens in ALL the time in reality TV, I was just pointing it out.

I think the kardashians really love one another. I think quite a lot of the family interactions, good and bad, are totally natural and not just for the camera.

I also think a lot of what they show is totally fake and done just for the tv show, such as kourtney doing coupons and "cleaning up" Scott's parents' house.

You are 100% right. I see them exactly the same way

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Yep, that coupon clipping stuff sure didn't feel natural. Scott buying that piano may have also been staged.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
On a recent Anderson show, Anderson Cooper said that the Kardashians want their own magazine.

I bet we will see that before long.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please. Make.Them.Go.Away. Please.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lol, I got the feeling Anderson felt the same way!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
They would probably go away if everyone quit talking about them, watching them and buying their products.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Despite what alot of people claim, they love to watch the show. If they didn't, they would not know what happened on every episode. I admit I watch it because it entertains me! It's better than some of the reality shows. As long as it gets good ratings, they are here to stay.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
A also admit to being a regular watcher. I don't buy magazines just to read about the Kardashians but, I do read the articles about them in the magazines that I buy. As long as this family continues to entertain me, I will continue to follow them in the media.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Me three!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Well, I watched tonight & I liked it...........I adore Khloe & I like Scott. I am warming to Kourtney. I don't like Kim or her wanna be HB, Kris either. I have never really liked Kim....but, Mama Kris pushes Kim on us (honestly, I think it's because Kim is a little Kris). Mama Kris needs to "read" what is being written about her family & realize that folks aren't that into "her Kimmy baby" but want to watch the rest of her family!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 4:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I began watching the show because of Kourtney,Scott and Khloe. I wish the show would have just stuck to it's winning formula and not gone in the direction of Kim's marriage. Kim's beautiful but she's not very interesting IMO it's her sisters that make the show.

I really like Kris H I feel very sorry for him. Immature sure, he's also 6 years younger than Kim and I'm gonna guess hasn't had many long term relationshps yet in life. He's awkward, a bit blunt but I see him as honest and not fake. How he and Kim got together seems pretty obvious, it was all about Kim having a new boyfriend, then fiancee and she finally had a storyline. Now the show is depressing, negative and I hope that she'll quickly divorce go back to doing her thing and that Mama Kris will see that Kourt and Khloe are the ones us viewers really want to watch.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Kardashian Brand Tarnishing Fast, Say Promoters

Perhaps its backlash over the hype from Kim Kardahian’s 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries, or just the normal trajectory of any unexplainable flash-in-the-pan phenomenon, but the country’s long national nightmare regarding the Kardashians might be ending.

According to the New York Post, anything featuring the overhyped, raven-haired reality show family is turning “absolutely toxic.”

From nosediving ratings for “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” to tanking sales of magazines featuring the Kardashian clan, it appears the obsession over the camera-ready clan is ending fast.

<snip>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/01/
kardashian-brand-tarnishing-fast-say-promoters/

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
One word: About damn time! (OK, that was three words!)