TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 11, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: America's Next Top Model - Cycle 16: Archive through December 11, 2011 users admin

Sammi

03-31-2008

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I think that Allison is much to shy. The judges are commenting on her shyness also. I hope she wins but I am beginning to have my doubts.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne, I guess she makes a good model with that body, but good Lord, in the frontal nudity picture, she looks like a concentration camp survivor. I find it disturbing. Like you said, not healthy looking. If she is starving herself to achieve that body, she is flirting with serious health problems down the road.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Sammi, do you think Allison is any more shy than Anne from last cycle? I think her shyness could be made a part of her brand.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Wonder why Angelea was booted? Pregnancy??

Behindamask

07-07-2005

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Behindamask a private message Print Post    
That's what I was wondering Alisons, she has been so emotional and tired this cycle...

Behindamask

07-07-2005

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Behindamask a private message Print Post    
Everything I'm finding is that she may have actually won but before the air date she leaked information on the final three on Facebook!!

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Yes, my cousin found that same thing posted online, behindamask. Angelea won and leaked the info on Facebook, so they reshot with Lisa winning. That is why they were so unemotional, Lisa had been the runner-up so they both knew who got it when they refilmed the end.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
@Behindamask I have just read the story on AOL and it confirms what you have said about her leaking the information prior to the air date of the show on some social media platform.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm still trying to figure out what the deal was with the video that Tyra shot. It made no sense to me.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, if that's true about the leak it's a major flop, we have a winner who really didn't win and a runner up who should have won since Alison had a uniqueness that they didn't know how to use. Now we have an old looking model (Lisa) who is the 'top'. Major flop!!!

Biginjapan

07-23-2005

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biginjapan a private message Print Post    
That was the weirdest finally ever. It seemed so out of sorts.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
What doesn't make sense is their not showing the drama. You would think that they would have shown Tyra telling Angelea and Angelea punching Tyra or whatever. I would have thought they would have milked the situation for all it was worth!!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe there is going to be a legal issue dealt with so they did not show what happened.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Oh, I bet there is some litigation but the girl has squat. I was rooting for Angelea too. What a dope for doing what she did. She wanted it so badly.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Aw, shucks. Now I'm disappointed I didn't watch the show. I went over to Jokers to see if anyone had spoiled and I saw that Lisa had won. Lisa being my least favorite contestant, I decided I wouldn't watch any of it. Oh, well. You folks said the ending was weird, so it is probably just as well.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Now the claim is the facebook page was a fake.

Rvon, watch it HERE

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Angelea Preston to "tell all" about her 'Top Model' disqualification

By Reality TV World staff, 12/09/2011

Angelea Preston has announced plans for a "tell-all" press conference in which she will allegedly detail the actual circumstances behind her sudden and largely unexplained disqualification from America's Next Top Model All-Stars during Wednesday night's finale broadcast on The CW.

<snip>

Preston has also not publicly commented on the matter thus far, but is vowing to change that during a press conference in New York City on Saturday afternoon.

"Angelea Preston is taking a stand in a tell-all press conference where she will explain what really happened leading up to her sudden disappearance," her representative said in a statement to Reality TV World.

<snip>

LINK to realitytvworld.com/news

---------------------

That press conference should be interesting. Angelea was so defensive and she played the victim so often during this season, I can only imagine what she'll say at her own press conference (especially without other models or Tyra there to talk her down).

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
The thing that sort of bugged me with the whole "hush hush" attitude is, leading up to the episode they said something about discovering something that would "change the rules forever." Well, if they weren't going to tell us any details, then why point out how it would change the rules forever? Yea, yea, I know. To get us to watch.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i relistened to the Tyra explanation at panel a number of times. so the winner was chose by PRoduction and the network.

That makes me wonder if Angelea mouthed off to the wrong person and someone decided to remove her from the winners slot. I truly cannot imagine her sending info about being final three or even winning. However, if she was loudly speaking in a crowd and production was trying to hush her up, i can see her mouthing off.

that leaves a bad taste in productions mouth and she'd be removed.

JUST A THEORY

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
So the mystery continues.....

Has Angelea Preston Backed Out of Her Press Conference?

December 10, 2011 05:05 PM EST

<snip>

During the finale episode, it was announced right before judging that Angelea had been disqualified. There was very little information given, and fans have scoured the Internet for any kind of answer.

One rumor says that Angelea was the original winner of the show, but winner Lisa D'Amato has suggested that it is untrue. Another rumor says that Angelea disclosed some information on either Facebook or Twitter before she was supposed to. However, there has been no evidence of that either. Top Model judge Jay Manuel has even said that the reason was not disclosed to the judges.

In an attempt to put the rumors to rest, it was announced that Angelea would be giving a press conference today. However, a new report says that it has been cancelled. The report from the IT Factor says:

Angelea Preston backed out of her promised press conference, caving under pressure from the network to keep quiet.

This only adds to the speculation that the reason for Angelea's departure was more personal than a simple Facebook status. It seems unlikely that fans of Angelea and of Top Model will be willing to let this go.

LINK to entertainment.gather.com

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
personality and drive the article says about Lisa. Ummmm looking very hard and old surely means she wasnt a better choice over Alison.

the weirdest thing about it all is that the judges werent asked for THEIR opinion and to judge the TWO girls against each others balance of work. The judges had the winner dictated to them by production.

i've thought of yet another theory. Wasnt angelea taking broadcasting courses but also had worked in a bank? is it even remotely possible that she was affiliated somehow with a rival network??

hmmmm we need some sauve' internet sleuths to hunt up some Angelea work history/ schooling history

((oh no, now i have that song going thru my head. Rico,,,, sauve, Riiiiiicooooooo sauve' LOL i think he was ecuadorian and a one hit wonder in the 80s )) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx64_N4AA04

Found it catchy

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I just saw this last night and was quite surprised! Angelea was so emotional, defensive and angry thru out the series that I was expecting she got into a big fight and would assault somebody. Maybe she did and thats why she was ousted. But the last we see of her in the competition, she looks ill and the other girls really seemed concerned, so maybe she was pregnant?
It was so weird how they ended this. If I was Lisa or Allison I wouldnt be too thrilled with a win if Angelea was acclaimed winner and then stripped of the 'title'. They wer obviously second place in the minds of the judges.
And for Angelea to say she was telling all and then backing down, sounds like she was offered a bribe by the show to keep quiet.
Hope we find out--this is the most interesting thing that has happened on the show!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
if she was pregnant, i am not sure they could prove she knew, for SURE, before the comp started.

also, there is little that they win that Needs more then a face. Unless the vogue shoot was booked for six months in the future, it wouldnt be an issue. UNLESS the politically correct Police decided an 'unwed mother' could not win the show.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Allison would have been so very appropriate for Italian Vogue, Angelea and Lisa far less attractive.
What a shame the best girl didn't win. Again.
Bah, phooey.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
funny how lisa covering one eye for the covergirl glamour shot was okay, but alison was basically forced to hold her eyes wide open and look into the camera. if she could have hidden one eye, i bet she would have been fine.

also, doesnt she wear contacts? they can make the eye really light sensitive. i could hardly stand to wear them on bright days.