TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 10, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Kardashians: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 10, 2011 users admin

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure they arent true. And how about since they have control over how they are presented, they present something different. They have several shows which would allow them the platform to do so. Given that, I have no sympathy for their image problem right now. (image being synonymous with reality)

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
No doubt about that Holly! She will need another face lift after this cause she is looking STRESSED!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I guess words like "trying to hook up with her ex before she filed papers" bother me. If she had a long history with Reggie Bush, he might just have been a good friend to talk to. Without something to factualize it, I'm not comfortable branding Kim.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well, as I recall from many years ago, her own family said she lies all the time, even when she doesn't need to.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
When married, and your relationship is on the rocks, you don't run to the ex. Ever. I don't care how 'friendly' they are, it looks wrong because it is wrong.

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I agree completely. Not sure what the real story is to all of this, but there are certain things that are just wrong to do and they are doing them.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
That tells me it wasn't true love in the first place. She never would have thought about ex's or anyone else.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
I can't believe there are people out there that actually think she got married for love, LMAO!!! It was a sham from the start. She thought she would get sympathy for getting divorce instead she's getting some serious backlash and it's ABOUT TIME!! This family is beyond pathetic, The mom is nothing but a madam, she's already moving on to pimping out one of the younger girls by filming her sweet 16's. This is a family that will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for money SO glad that the press is slowly turning on them. People are finally on to their con artist ways

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did see a headline that said the sweet 16 was in vegas. Why would you do a kid's sweet 16 in Las Vegas? That is just unbelievable to me.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
It may surprise you, but lots of people in LA go to Vegas for long weekends, over holidays, for any kind of celebration whatsoever. In all my years living here, I never understood the pull, but it is what it is.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Maybe they got a free venue?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But what's the point of having your sweet 16 in a destination place? I thought it was for you to have all of your friends together for the party, not all of your family's friends! I guess, however, in the rarified world the Kardashians live in, all their friends can afford to fly to Vegas for a sweet 16? Or the Kardashians undoubtedly talked some private jet owner into "sponsoring" a jet to take the daughter's friends to Vegas?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think there's also the "Las Vegas isn't really a venue for kids" thing, yes? Then again, apparently if you have a boat load of $$ you can pretty much go into any nightclub anywhere and not have a problem if you are underage.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Often, prom groups take limos (or those hideous Hummer limos) to Vegas after the prom. The kids hang out, blah blah blah. They most often don't fly.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
The 16 year old is already modeling, so she's actually 25 (or some such reasoning, lol)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Tishala, this must be a LA thing. I thought the same thing Roxip, a Sweet 16 really isn't a Vegas thing. Now a turning 21 party makes sense, but not a Sweet 16.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess it is a regional thing. I'm from Texas. We expect our 16 year olds to be sweet young virginal thangs and we throw our sweet 16 parties in the church gyms (only SOMEWHAT tongue in cheek). Y'all.

Actually, when did this sweet 16 crap start anyway? I don't recall them doing that when I turned 16. I think my mom and dad took my sister and me and an invited friend out to a dinner in a real restaurant. I thought we were living high that day!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I took 2 15 year olds to Vegas a few years back. There was plenty for them to do. Swim parks, circus circus amusement park, roller coasters, indoor sky diving, seaquarium, just to name a few.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
We all have to remember that no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors. A lot of what is printed in the press is pure speculation. I never believe all of what I read. Personally, I think Kim got married because she thought she loved Kris, but she really wanted to get married and have a family of her own. Maybe she realized that things were not going to work out but there was so much hype with it being televised that she was afraid to back out, but that is only speculation on my part. Smart move, probably not, but it is what it is and if she weren't famous, no one would be talking about it.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Young Latino girls celebrate their 15th. Birthday with a huge party called Quinceanera. It symbolizes that she has reached womanhood. She wears an outfit resembling a wedding gown. I'm talking big, big gala!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
You are NOT kidding Jag2000! A Quinceanera is as big as a wedding down hear in South Florida. Actually they may be bigger than most weddings!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
http://www.realitytea.com/2011/11/09/kim-kardashian-is-moving-forward-with-divorce-kris-humphries-dad-says-he-was-blindsided-e-releases-new-clip/

new kim article up on RealityTv. Divorce on and Kris' dad is quoted ....it's getting ugly

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
oh yeah, its gonna be ugly. Gotta keep Kim on the pole (so to speak), they need to try to salvage this thing for her in the public's eyes so it doesn't kill the entire franchise. She could have dumped him without all the negativity, that she started by the way. She was already a laughing stock with this marriage, so why not quietly divorce, pay Humphries some silence money, and keep on with your life. Oh no, Kardashian has to come out swinging, bad mouthing him. And he is saying nothing. Good for you Humphries!

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Quinceanera's are big. Hubby and I were at one a few years ago that was very exclusive. The mother spent a literal fortune on it. They actually had an artist create a huge backdrop castle that went behind the family table. It had twinkle lights..and was very pretty.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I read that article above about Kris being shocked. It doesn't surprise me. It supports the theory that the whole wedding was for the show. I just don't buy that she is heartbroken, too.