TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Kardashians: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2011 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Even though he's an NBA player, I'm not sure that Kris H's background prepared him for the reality tv world of the Kardasians. From Minnesota, he had a scholarship to Duke (very high profile program), but changed his mind (who does that?) and went to the University of Minnesota instead. He played pro ball in Utah, Toronto, Dallas and New Jersey. These are not really high-profile cities. He was not a star on a team, just a journeyman who could be used trade bait. I think he just probably had a huge life lesson thrust upon him when he met (or rather Kim pursued) him.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if this will be the end of the Kardashian's 15 minutes...

Remember Heidi and Spencer? They were all over the tabloids for a while and then when Heidi "jumped the shark" and got all those surgeries people just lost interest.

Paris Hilton...no one cares any more.

So, maybe, there's hope that the Kardashian's will go away. Or am I just dreaming???

Sammi

03-31-2008

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I hope your right Reenie, I also hope that all the K's just go away. But we all have to stop watching and buying any of their products or anything that Kim advetises. Maybe a lot of companies now will stop asking her to be a spokesperson. Hoping, hoping, hoping.....

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I find their show entertaining. It gives me a glimpse into a life of wealth I can't even imagine. And all in all, they appear to be a pretty loving group. That's something we don't see on the Real Housewives shows and people want to boycott those because of the fighting. So which is it? Just playing devil's advocate...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think it is time for them to go away as well. I used to watch the show a few years back but then Khole started getting really mean-spirited so I never watch, and I change the channel if they come on anything else I am watching.

It's the only way I know to show my displeasure. Oh, I don't buy any magazines with them on the cover and I don't buy any products they sponsor.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Maybe I am in the minority, but I took an instant dislike to Kris. He was asked by a reporter if Kim was the most beautiful girl in the world and his reply was, "No my Mother is!" While that is sweet he thinks of his Mother that way, it was rather humiliating for Kim. Why not say both of them were?! Next, she asked him not to let the dogs sleep in the bed...bought them nice dogbeds, but he insisted they sleep with them despite Kim's allergies. He then kept saying they were moving to Minnesota...he is presently unemployed and Kim has a business to run. Then the way he treated her at the Rehearsal dinner...sitting with his friends rather than her. I think Kim finally saw in Kris what her family did.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I believe all that was staged for the reality show, as was the wedding itself.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
HUKD - I totally understand what you are saying.

Yes, I'm OVER the Housewives because of all the fighting and bitterness.

And it's harder for me to put into words why I'm OVER the Kardashian's. In the beginning of the shows, I watched to see Bruce Jenner who I used to be a big fan of. I was kind of shocked to see his plastic surgery. Then when I saw his roll was just to walk around occasionally doing nothing, I thought that was odd. THEN the shows just hit me for what I perceive as "fake".

Then I realized I just didn't like any of the family.

So, I guess I don't watch the HW's or the Kardashian's for different reasons.

I don't know if this makes any sense but it is how I feel.

You pose a good question!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
correction: Bruce Jenner's "ROLE"...lol at myself!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
On TMZ this morning...Kim has to pay Kris for the ring. It was part of the pre-nup that she asked to have put in because she loves the ring so much. It stated that she had to pay him for the purchase price of the ring in case of a divorce. The amount is aroung 2 million.

Wonder how much she really "loves" that ring.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
So why was Mama Kris calling him an Indian-giver, insinuating he was demanding the ring back on The View last week, IF they had a clause in the contract about it being returned in case of divorce? Just to make *him* look bad, I suppose, and take the limelight off her own awful family?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes HOLLY, I think Mama Kris is trying to "spin" Kris to look bad. I think the entire "Kardashian Machine" will be doing that now.

Mama Kris calling him an "Indian Giver" was the start! JMHO. Trying to belittle him with a term that has been out of use (for good reasons) for decades.

Supposedly, Kim has gone into hiding. We'll see how it plays out. I saw a clip of her from Australian TV and the announcer was asking her about "counselling" and she had such a vacant, vapid, no emotion answer it was weird.

But here I am still talking about her!!!!!!!!!!! Bleh on me!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I don't think Kim is accustomed to using her emotions to reflect on her behavior. I think she's embarrassed and not a little humiliated for seeming (being) vacuous and self-serving. She's looked a little weird to me as well. Hopefully she'll grow from this experience.

Good lord Mama Kardasian needs to step off a bit. She's making it worse in my opinion. :/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If the woman breaks things off, isn't she supposed to give the ring back? Per Ms. Manners and Dear Abby? Or is that just if it's broken off in the engagement phase.

Yes, mama needs to back off. K is a grown woman, supposedly, and should handle it herself.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I think if it's only an engagement. And somewhere up thread someone mentioned that Judge Judy would make her return it. I watch her every night with my Mom, and she only makes them return it (or pay for it) if it's a broken engagement.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I think Mama got caught in the crossfire because she was out promoting her new book at the exact minute the divorced was announced.

Every interview she does she is questioned more about Kim than the book. I am sure Mama ain't happy about that!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Here's the thing, what Kim could get away with when she was new to us, like the sex tape, is a very different thing than what she can get away with when she's sold us on her desire to have babies and be a wife and mom.

We, the viewers, are aging with Kim, we're maturing, we are not able to pretend this marriage was real because it wasn't. They never even moved in together or had purchased a home. From most reports Kim went about her life as if she was single fairly soon after the honeymoon pictures were sold. We want to like this family because they've entertained us.

We all wanted to see Kim take that next step, I was hoping she'd embrace her marriage and NOT be a hollywood coldhearted moneydriven shell of a person. But she blasted her worst qualities for the entire world to see and the Kardashian machine leaking stories depicting Kris at fault or whining or faking being hurt when he's been dead silent since the divorce news dropped is entirely too much for even me, a fan, to swallow.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, I think it's in bad taste to keep the very-expensive ring (because you 'really like it') when you've dumped the guy. Sort of tells the real story, doesn't it?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe Kris would not have been asked on to talk about her book if there was not Kim news.

Reality programs are rarely real. They may be real for some of the players, but usually there is some pretense forced on all. On the real housewives, each house wife has to present a plot point and get it approved, like a birthday party or a trip somewhere, so they are not just done, Bravo pays for them. They have to present plot points, perhaps fights with people to get face time.

reality contests with judges, tend to present judges opinion with thought out and planned comment to turn viewers to vote for one person or another. I think that is why I like TAR, who wins wins, not always the most likable person, but there is still editing to create characters and interest - you could see that if you ever met these people..

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Remember the melt down she had when she lost an earring in Bora Bora? Yes, they were diamonds BUT they were insured to the hilt. She's all about the bling so I'm not surprised about the ring being an issue to the point of being included in the pre-nup.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Kim has always struck me as tacky, vapid and self-absorbed. Same for her mother, although her mother clearly has drive and brains. Unfortunately, Momma Kris encourages tackiness, self-absorption and indecency in her own children as a means to pad her bankroll(and theirs). How can they feel shame when their own mother sees dollars signs every time they behave badly (e.g. really gross sex tape; marrying for attention and money instead of love).

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I think shame is an emotion totally foreign to the Kardashian Klan. They're just not hardwired to feel it under any circumstance.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Co-sign, Holly.

TMZ says Kim flew into Minneapolis to see Kris last night because she's conflicted about the divorce. Do we have an eye-roll smiley? Because you should insert it \here. My translation: Momma Kris told her to get her ass to Minneapolis and act distraught before their opportunities to make scratch off of sponsorships dry up completely and their show is cancelled because of the death spiral in viewership.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Ditto, Goddess!!

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I feel sorry for KrisH. He's clearly being manipulated by the K's. He'll end up drained of everything when they finish with him.