TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: America's Next Top Model - Cycle 16: Archive through September 16, 2011 users admin

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I noticed that too Bob. Did u see that the picture she picked of Brittany only showed one arm when she was leaning against that wall. It was even mentioned by one of the judges. When she was having her pictures done Jay commented on what a great job she did. Can't believe that Tyra picked one missing an arm. I think I heard one time that she is the one that picks out the picture for panel. I still think she has it in for Brittany after the fiasco with Alexandria earlier in the season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There are lots of times when I think Tyra doesn't pick the best photo for the panel. There are lots of times when I can't possibly figure out Tyra's thought process. I think Tyra is skilful at posing herself but I don't see her translating that skill into making things better for the women who are trying to learn and perform well on the show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
We are behind one episode here, Kasia was just cut. For the photoshoot with the camel I was surprised at the shots Tyra picked because it seemed as if there would have been far better shots per the photographer and Jay. Tyra did mention that the photog marked his favs (only one for Kasia) I would love to see what he had picked. I'm not fond of Tyra and her demeanor for the most part. I was glad to hear Nigel comment on how he felt Alexandria was phony. I felt that from her from the start as well. I think she just played how she thought the judges wanted her to. Last ep with her saying "yes ma'am" in such a subservient way to Tyra was the topper for me. And is Andre Leon Talley really one of the most influential people in fashion? Before he was on ANTM I had never heard of him. I'm no fashionista but I have certainly heard of a large portion of her guests, the designers and photographers from reading magazines. And how is he so influential wearing that horrible hat and oh yeah last years necklace with the big bone or claw or tooth or whatever it was. Total drecitude in my salon.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
LOL no kidding. his huge shapeless moomoos also are hideous.

but like Jeannie Becker here in canada, they have a name in fashion even if they are trainwrecks themselves.

Jeannie becker was doing fashion type interviewing at the royal wedding and her outfit was Hideous. it was embarrassing for me as a canadian LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, here we are... did this board start a bit late?
Whoever wins this time will prove this show is going to the dumpster...

Still love the make up transformation for every photo shoot but why can't there be a real beauty for this show and be more enjoyable...
The brunette comes okay only when she doesn't smile... her teeth are quite bad. The other blonde girls, one has the eyes too small and a mean disposition, the other one is sweet but quite ordinary without all that make up...

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
thats why my brain tells me Tyra has no interest in Brittany. She would have Made her have her teeth done before now.

Hannah might stand a chance if she didnt have such a crooked assymetrical face. the one big eye and one little squinty eye bugs me. ALL that hair hides it but ....

I think that they have no choice but to let Molly win. She has that Look that Europeans love. The angry look. The FIERCE look.

Anne had it last year too.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised the panel doesn't mention the teeth issues some of these girls have in this season and past ones. There have been a lot of bad teeth. Teeth are my thing, and I can't get past it if you have a jacked up mouth.

I wish one season Tyra would let the girls go thru their own pictures and pick the one they think is best. It would be their own fault if the shot is not to the liking of the judges, and they cannot say anything about bad shots being picked for them. Which I'm sure is one of the major conversations they have after each panel.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked Hannah. Tyra has always had a "mean girl" in the top 4 but they have never won,so I dont see Molly winning this thing.
Looks like next season is an All Stars season.The names of the past contestants participating are on dlisted.com

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Here it is

http://www.dlisted.com/2011/05/12/what-antm-all-stars-without-jade

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
YAY more alexandria ! she had tons of potential. LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The brunette not only has ugly teeth and small eyes but a bad walk, she manages good photographs when she doesn't smile, has good tone contrast, hair and skin against the wonderful array of colors they dress her in, but I'd be surprised if they let her win. The other one, has small eyes and flat hair and she made such a big fuss about the extensions, I don't think she could last in the fashion world.. she also manages good photographs but I always found her eyes, inspite all that makeup, don't make her stand out (as for example in Tyra's case, she's all eyes and wonderful bone structure).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree Spunky thats why I was wanting a Hannah win.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
but both Brit and Molly are very european looking. However, that IMG ?? model scout said that there was something offputting about molly.

So i'd be surprised if they let her win IF the sponsors didnt want her. We'll see if Tyra does another "i was out voted" speech.

I personally think Brit is great looking. Her eye teeth kick out a big but Two crowns would fix that in a few hours. I like her Triangle Alien face.

At least she has different expressions in each pic. Molly seems to have almost the same angle and face in everything... but so did Anne last year.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
O....M.....G...... - I can't believe my homey Brittani won!! She really is from the middle of nowhere. I bet this is a huge headline in my hometown paper! Yes, people from my area hold big snake hunts and eat snake, LOL!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I am so glad that Brittani won. I loved how they cut her hair even shorter for the panel. I thought she looked prettier then, then she did during the entire show with the longer hair. I liked Molly's hair after they cut hers short too. They both really looked gorgeous at panel last night.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Either one could have won and I'd have been happy. I was pulling for Brittani though..so yay!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well my DVR didnt get it for some reason. Oh well,I would have liked to have seen their new haircuts. I knew Tyra would not let the "mean girl" win. Besides she was too close to a Kate Moss look alike-Brittini is a much better choice.

Yankee_in_ca

07-31-2000

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
I saw Nigel Barker today and can I just say, he's even MORE handsome in person. Oh. My. Goodness. He's also very tall & bigger than he looks on the show.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
nigel was a model first before photographer I think. Sounds like he is striking in Person Yankee !!

from my prev. post So i'd be surprised if they let her win IF the sponsors didnt want her. about Molly.

The girl just cant keep her face neutral. I noticed some incredibly sour irritated looks during makeup and also while waiting for her chance to do commercial. Those "off" moments are what others are noticing. Its a sad fact of life that a person's good work is negated by their percieved 'bad attitude'.

I think molly looks pouty due to how her mouth is slightly downward. Kaisha also had sort of a grumpy look as her mouth also sloped down.

IN my family we all have downwards sloping mouths and ALL of us continuously have people thinking we are Scowling at them.

Add Molly's eyerolling and she's lost the job. Sad about the rehab and i thought it was intersting she was adopted at four. They say the formative years shapes a person for life.

wonder if she knows why she was taken away from birth mom?

Alisons

01-10-2003

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Brittani was in the Memorial Day Parade in her home town of Beech Creek, riding in the parade with the mayor (her cousin). Here is a snap if I can get it uploaded!
photo

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570728/

not sure if anyone else has noticed that new movie Crazy Stupid Love.

saw a trailer and its been driving me nuts where i knew the young girl from

its Analeigh ! from ANTM

Diacritical

08-14-2005

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Diacritical a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne4u -- when I saw her on the previews I was like "Analeigh! Analeigh!" lol -- one of my favorite contestants of all time. So happy for her to get such a great part -- may she get as many more as she could want.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
DId anybody watch this show last night. It's the All Star version. I am not sure if I liked it or not, have to give it a few more shows. Here's the first names of the girls but don't know what cycle they were on. Lora, the country girl, Allison, with the big eyes, Bianca, Lisa the nutty girl that put on a diaper, Bre, Brittani, the loud girl (she got the boot last night). Dominque, Sheena, Isis, Kayla, she was just on recently with the flaming short red hair, Angelea, Camille, Shannon, I don't remember her at all and Alexandria, she was just on recently. I felt kinda bad for her last night. The audience booed her and some guy called her nasty names from the audience. I don't and didn't see why she was so unliked during her cycle. Thought I would just list them so you guys could see.

Steviegirl

07-07-2005

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Steviegirl a private message Print Post    
Sammi - I watched. I like Allison, Bre and Alexandria. I felt bad for her. I know she was a know-it-all in the beginning of her season, but she did nothing to be treated so badly. Some of the other all-stars were much nastier in their own seasons!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I was shocked to see Nigel with HAIR