TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 13, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 13, 2011 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I"m kind of sorry Snap Boogie didn't make it, altho I can udnerstand why. His last performance was really badly choreographed. It's too bad.

I like the Smage Bros. too.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping that some choreographer or some musical act will have noticed Snap Boogie and will offer him a job. and @Ketchuplover, I agree with Landau's BDW vibe.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Drool!!!! ^^^ (Swanky)

Bandit

07-29-2001

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Four acts in, and most everyone has bombed. Except for Landon Swank....he was awesome as usual. LANDON FTW!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Poplyfe got rave reviews, but the background band didn't sound that great to me. Maybe it was just bad sound quality.

Landau did great and so did Silhouettes. Great performances.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Landon's act was so simple, but very effective and mesmerizing. And he got wet!

I'm not crazy about the Silhouettes group as a whole, but they did well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ok, how did Landon do that?!?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
All my votes went for Mr.Swank. But I think the final four will be Landau,iLuminate,Silhouettes,and poplyfe

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I vote for Landon Swank, Silhouette, iLuminate and Poplyfe. (I agree, the backing singers on PopLyfe were a little weak this week.) I also wouldn't mind Landau or the Smage Bros.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
To me, PopLyfe was not very good. They sounded tinny.

I think it will be Team iLluminate, Landon Swank, Landau Murphy Jr and probably Silhouettes (even though I don't really like them).

Loved Landau's song. It gave me chills. You can really tell when Nick likes a performer. Like Piers said, I think he has a career in Vegas ahead of him. If he makes it through, I'd like to hear him sing Mack the Knife.

Team iLuminate is definitely the best performance of the night for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 1:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I voted for Silhouettes and PopLyfe and then wished I had saved some votes for ILuminate.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Again, Miami Dance bored me (didn't think they belonged in the top 10).
Lyse looked/sounded like a drag queen (too bad, she has great talent).
Anna had some flat notes. Big voice, needs a few more years.
Loved Swanky. Classic, simple, amazing. He does big and he does small. Can't wait for him to be here in Las Vegas.
Silhouette - they went back to their original concepts using bodies making props, and telling a story (and now we get the requiset heartbreaking background to show all the adversity they overcome). But American loves them.
PopLyfe - when they said "another big group" for their next song, I turned to konashark and called it (her voice is very much like MJ's). She was great, but her band was flat on the background vocals (slight miscue on the choreography at the end).
Smoge Brothers - next week (if they go thru), they should lay down the bikes at the end and Smalls jumps over them (LOL!).
West Springfield - moves too small for their concept. Disagree with Piers about them doing something outside of their genre (he probably would have slammed them for that). I blame the choreography.
Landau has Vegas all over him, get him a gig NOW! Frankie, Sammie, Dean, he can do them all.
From the first show, Team iLuminate was & is the act to beat. It's theirs to lose.

Our top 4: iLuminate, PopLyfe, Landau, Swank/Silhouettes are the toss-ups with Smoge Bros very close.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Our top 4: iLuminate, PopLyfe, Landau, Swank/Silhouettes are the toss-ups with Smoge Bros very close.

That's exactly how I feel. :-) I'm impressed by Landon Swank. He's got charisma. Silhouettes always make me cry for some reason. Landau is so great, love him. Poplyfe did better last week, but still see star quality in them.

Lys was bizarre last night.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Lys could form an act with Prince Poppycock.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Lys could form an act with Prince Poppycock.
(my morning coffee mocha almost came out of my nose).

With the male pole dancer; featured act at Krave (an Las Vegas alternative artist venue on the strip)!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Howie's "year of the dance" fell really flat last night.. I'm all about Landau for the win..another singer, but he's just so loveable!

I'm sure Iluminate is fantastic, but for me something must be lost in the live to TV translation, and it's the TV viewers that vote.

Too bad little Anna is this season, right on the heels of Jackie last year. I think if she'd have been in next season she could have taken it.

Love the Smoge's, but after last night I fear for the little guy. The venue is just too small for them to really show their potential. They didn't restrict Prof. Splash to the confines of the indoor stage to take his act to a higher level (pun intended). I think if the Smoge's were allowed to perform in the parking lot, they could really kick their act up a notch or two.. but, I doubt they'll be back again.

I'll never understand how that hip hop group beat out my Daniel Joseph Baker. They are truly average. It's pretty rare these days to see hip hop without any tricks at all.. there's not a single B Boy in the troop.. they really don't even seem to move their feet much. Time to go.

I'm still sad that Elew the piano player appeared to have dropped out of the competition, he was outstanding. He was put straight through to Vegas and was never seen again..

I also think that the original appeal of Lys was being a beautiful girl in braids and jeans that came out and sang opera. She's not that anymore, and her singing alone isn't enough to cut it.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I do think there is something off with the acoustics. It sounds like they are muffled or something, just my opinion :-).

Nadirah

03-22-2006

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nadirah a private message Print Post    
For Kelliripa, I happened to see Elew in LA at the Staples Center in August. He is currently on tour as the opening act for Josh Groban on his "Straight to You Tour". That must be why he suddenly disappeared from the show! :-)

Bandit

07-29-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching that can spoil results? My TV signal died.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Final four are Team iLuminate,Poplyfe,Landau,and Silhouettes.

Bandit

07-29-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Thank you, KL!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
iLuminate on stage with Smage Bros - iLuminate go through
PopLyfe on stage with Landon Swank - I thought it was going to Landon, but no it went to Poplyfe
Lys on stage with Miami Dance - neither go through
West Springfield on stage with Silhouette - Silhouette go through
Anna on stage with Landau - Landau goes through and Anna cries :-( don't know why they had to put her on stage right at the end, you could tell Landau couldn't even celebrate his own success as he was feeling bad for Anna

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I voted exclusively for Silhouettes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr - goosebumps. Whether he wins or not, he will have a career in Vegas.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. I will go see him in Las Vegas someday! What a voice!!