TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 01, 2011 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Judges had to choose between West Springfield & Daniel last night. This is the year of the dance, according to them, and it was unanimous to send through the goulish dancers.
How about a duet with Daniel and Prince Poppycock????

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Do we know it was unanimous? I didn't think we ever heard Sharon's vote.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I must have turned away from the TV last night when Zuma Zuma was eliminated. Who beat them out?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They were in the first group, Roteach, I think the one where Team iLuminate went through. All we know is that they weren't 1-6, as they were revealed (the last in the final six was Daniel).

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Poplyfe was on my flight from Burbank to Oakland. Just as bubbly as on stage. Big reception in Oakland for them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really do love them.. they are just great and I lovedlovedloved when the singer stood up for her guys in the band when Piers wanted her to ditch them and compete alone. And, she was right..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, we don't KNOW, but Sharon loved that dance group and I think if it wasn't unanimous they would have revealed a vote for Daniel out of compassion.

Sharon did say something positive about the dance group going through.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She loved Daniel too. So that's why I'm wondering.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
If Sharon has voted for Daniel, they would have revealed her vote and then Piers would have been the tiebreaker. She liked Daniel but she had been gushing over the dancers for all three weeks (they were her choice for Wild Card event).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Nice anecdote Vsmart. Color me with envy.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tonight I thought:

Kinetic King - much better than before but still, not sure he's finals material over the other acts
Fatally Unique (dance group) - same as the girls group from last week, but not as good
Landon Swank - very swanky
Gymkana (the ones who had the ladders last time) - too repetitive and they almost set someone alight!
Summerwind Skippers - really like them!
Snap Boogie - clever, but it doesn't do much for me
Anna Graceman - really liked her too!
Steven Retchless (male pole dancer) - don't know why they mess up the visuals with other dancers but I think he's so talented
Smage Brothers Ride Show (bike act) - don't jump over Granny!
Professor Splash - boring (I mean I know it's death defying, but it's not a show)
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr - Sinatra-a-like
Silhouettes - I prefer when they be something else in their silhouettes, not just silhouettes of themselves, but still beautiful

I'd chose Landon, Summerwind Skippers, Anna Graceman, Steven Retchless, then either Smage Bros. or Silhouettes. Too many good acts!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Our favorites/choices from tonight.

Fatally Unique (dance)
Landon Swank (magician)
Smoge Bros (motorcycle trials-stunts)
Landau Murphy Jr (crooner)
Summer Wind Skippers (jump rope)

Steven Retchless did NOT need those other pole girls (very distracting). Professor Splash (diver) has always bored us. Anna Graceman (singer) is good, but too young (needs to grow into her voice). Silhouttes (dancers) were also boring tonight - what were they trying to spell? Seen better pop/street dancers on SYTYCD. Kinetic King is a great novelty act, but not a Vegas headliner (although we liked the speed & pop of tonights show). Piers was right, Gymkata got repetative (too bad, we liked their initial show piece).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
OMG he's on fire!!!!!!!!! If only his suit was fire resistant...Oh wait.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Glad to hear Landau is still in the running.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought they were in big trouble with the fire, as those suits looked like they were stretchy and would just melt on the skin. Didn't realise they were flame proof until Nick said later on! And they kept them talking there on stage and I was shouting at the screen "let them go get some ice"!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, I watched most of the show last night and was not that impressed with most of the acts.

Liked the magician and the motorcycles (go grandma!)

Could do without Professor Splash, the pole dancer and Snap Boogie (he blew the opportunity IMO)

Thought the Silouettes blew their chance as well. Before they had a theme to their performance. This performace seemed pretty disjointed and all over the place. I wasn't really sure what it was about and why everyone loved it.

Anna Graceman was pretty good. Kinetic King was fun, but not a Vegas act. How would he make a performance last longer than 5 minutes?

I liked the crooner, but thought he could have picked a better song.

Of all of them, I guess the magician stood out the most to me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Silhouettes and Prof Splash are both from Denver, so they were on our local news last night.

Silhouettes can sing like mad also - and they have an album/song coming out to benefit charity. Who knew?

ETA: The charity is Kids Helping Kids, which benefits homeless kids in Colorado.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
A family friend who does not give complements easily is a neighbor to Landau in Logan ,WV < I jokingly call it LA > and says that he is quite the nice young man.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Landau really does appear to be nice, kind and polite. I hope that if this show starts a career for him, that he does not lose these traits.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some results:

Silhouettes beat Steven Retchless :-( and Gymkana.

Anna Graceman and Landau Murphy Jr. both go through.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
More:

Landon Swank beat Prof. Splash, Fatally Unique and the Summerwind Skippers.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Final three left, Smage Bros Ride Show, Kinetic King and Snap Boogie.

Kinetic King goes home straight away.

Smage Bros and Snap Boogie are 5 and 6, judges choose.

Sharon chooses Snap Boogie.
Piers chooses Smage Bros.
Howie chooses Smage Bros.

Smage Bros Ride Show go through to the finals.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Of all of them, I guess the magician stood out the most to me."

I agree, I'd watch his stage show even if he didn't do anything but stand there on the stage smiling!

landonswank

http://landonswank.com/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Some good looking men come from Alaska. Both he and young Anna are from Alaska.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Landau has Billy Dee Williams vibes if only a little(ymmv)