TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 25, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 25, 2011 users admin

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
Gabe the Bulldog has his own FB page: Gabe's FB Page

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I hope Kinetic King uses paint on his tongue depressors that will dry properly and will not stick together under the hot lights.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Our picks for the night.
Go Landon!!!!
J. Chris was hysterical.
Kinetic King was redeemed.

Last choice is a toss-up. Maybe Peacock (juggler) or West SpringField Dance Team (love that they dance to heavy metal).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd pick Landon (the other magician was a bit boring), the skippers, the bike stunt team and... probably West Springfield Dance Team for fourth.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I love the Kinetic King. There is something so endearing about him. To me, he's like a bumbling mad scientist. I don't know that he qualifies for the prize, but he would be great with his own science show or something like that.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I haven't been watching this (my cheap cable doesn't supply) but saw this YT on another blog. Wow, this guy really went at Piers, brutal.

Piers Morgan's Roast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiY9b0MgDYY&feature=player_embedded

J Chris Newberg Roast Piers on Americas Got Talent

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Not brutal enough for the audience to vote him thru.

Glenrie

03-24-2006

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenrie a private message Print Post    
any spoiling?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Through are Kinetic King-West Springfield dancers-Landon Swank and Skippers

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As The Kinetic King said.. one word.. "woo hoo, er two words".

Allietex

08-16-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
The Kinetic King is a better comedian than most of the comedians they have had on the show. He has that subtle humor that makes it look like he is not even trying. He can be funny "on the fly" so to speak. Reminds me a little of Robin Williams.
That is what makes his act so enjoyable. The "stunts" are amazing but would be a little boring if it was not for his humor to go along with it.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I think the roast of Piers Morgan was funny, but the guy seemed just a little bitter and that made me uncomfortable. Not that I blamed him for feeling that way, but it just got too personal for me.

His crack about Piers wife went just a little too far for me. So while I laughed and thought some of the act was really funny, I was not disappointed he did not go through.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
First semi-final.

Zuma Zuma - good but these tumble/gymnast/balance groups are getting a bit hard to distinguish from each other
Beth Ann (girl dancer) - is good but not spectacular enough for me
Sandau Trio - blew it by not having the Russian Bar
Kevin Colis (singer) - was just ok
Matt Wilhelm (lit up bike guy) - somehow didn't seem as good once the novelty went
Poplyfe (teen band) - wasn't sure about the song sung so high but I still like them from before
West Springfield Dance Team - excellent again
Mellisa Villasenor - wasn't as funny
Team iLuminate - great
Daniel Joseph Baker - love him but didn't know the song
Miami All Stars - great visuals
Lys Agnes (opera singer) - not sure the modern song worked but the judges clearly thought it did

I'd vote for Poplyfe, West Springfield Dance Team, Team iLuminate, and hard to choose, I'd like Daniel, Miami and Lys to all go through as well.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I thought Beth Ann Robertson was fantastic. However, I cannot see her being a "Vegas" act. No doubt this girl will have a big name as a dancer. At 14 years old she is amazing.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
As I was watching the dancer, i thought she'd be great on So You Think You Can Dance. She is probably too young for that though.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Sandau Trio was cringe worthy at best. What the heck were they thinking?

Upside down must be the going thing this year. Being a fan of the marching arts, I do have to say though that THIS is totally BA. Keep an eye on the 5 tenor players (the guys carrying the multi-drum sets) at the bottom left of the screen. The three that end up upside down are still paying in exact time to the other guys playing rightside up. Here's a close-up picture of it.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Top 5 going to the finals.
Our votes:
Poplyfe (teen band)
West Springfield Dance Team
Team iLuminate
Daniel Joseph Baker
5th spot is a toss-up

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I thought Poplyfe was excellent last night.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Making the finals are (eon long pause) Poplyfe-Miami Dance All-Stars-West Springfield Dance Team-Lys Agnes-Team Iluminate

Prince Poppycock rulz!!!!!!!!!!

Bandit

07-29-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Those are all good choices, although I'm sad to see Melissa Villasenor go. She cracks me up. I'd love to be able to see her do her stand-up routine, I hope I can sometime.

However I'm SO excited about Poplyfe, I thought they were absolutely outstanding last night. And Team iLuminate as usual were fantastic as well. I'm most excited to see those two continue on.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Really disappointed that Daniel Joseph Baker didn't make it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I knew the judges were going for that last dance group, but I was hoping for Daniel.

SO happy about Poplyfe and Iluminate.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Me too, I thought Daniel was amazing!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There were too many good ones in the group. Next week seems as bad. I guess that's why they're so happy to put through rubbish people to the quarter finals, they know they have plenty for the semis.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Will there still be a "judges choice" returning act or has that already happened?