TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Mob Wives: Archive through May 24, 2011 users admin

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Has nobody seen this? It is a train wreck and I love it. I think I know them. I am in Staten Island at least 4 times a week

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I watched it last week and loved it too! I'm excited to have it on my DVR list!!! I've always been interested in the Mafia and all that, so this little inside peek is SO interesting!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was hysterical.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I watched it and loved it. I'll definitely be watching.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
DRITA: Drita is a hot-tempered Albanian who married into the mob much to the chagrin of her straight-laced immigrant family. Her husband Lee is part of the New Springville Boys gang and is currently in prison for robbing a Staten Island bank. While she's been married to Lee for 12 years, she's only been able to spend 2 years with him due to his crime sprees and jail time.

KAREN: Karen is returning to Staten Island after a 10 year absence. She's thrilled to finally be able to return home to the city she loves and reunite with the girls. Karen's father is legendary Mafia informant Sammy "the Bull" Gravano. While he confessed to 19 murders in his book, he is currently serving a 19-year sentence in an undisclosed location. Karen once dated Drita's husband and as a result, there is still some underlying tension between them.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
RENEE: Renee is the drama queen of the group. Even though she stirs up the most trouble, she'll give you the shirt off her back. Renee grew up in the glory days of the mob- fur, diamonds, limos, all by the age of 7 and she still carries that Mafia attitude. Renee's father is Anthony Graziano the former consigliore of the Bonanno crime family who is currently serving an 11-year sentence for tax evasion, racketeering, and conspiracy to murder. Renee is a mob loyalist and despises what Karen's father did.

CARLA: Carla fancies herself a Manhattan girl. She is used to the finer things in life and has no desire to give them up. Carla's husband Joseph is currently serving an 88-month sentence for fraud after stealing 17 million dollars from unsuspecting senior citizens in a boiler room scandal. The couple have twin 8-year olds, Joseph and Carmen, but that doesn't curb Carla's desire to party like there's no tomorrow.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I had to put their pics and bios up because I can't keep track of who is who yet! Fun fun fun show!

Kathyb

05-17-2006

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathyb a private message Print Post    
I stumbled upon this show by accident and am completely hooked. I'm surprised it's not more popular.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I've watched every episode and it's a GREAT show!

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I love it too Kathyb. I'm hooked.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I also wanted to say that I think Karen is back with an agenda. I think she is back for revenge on Drita for marrying her ex-bf, also she wants to break up the friendship of Ditra and Renee. I thought in the beginning she was the nice one, now it's obvious she is a pot stirrer. Bring on the drama!!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I watched two shows and thought it was ridiculous to glorify the mob but I have family that is in the mob and I don't think it's romantic or charmed. It hurts innocent people. I don't want to support them in any way.

Kathyb

05-17-2006

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathyb a private message Print Post    
I don't think mob life is at all romantic or charmed. I noticed Renee trying to convince us that it's not all 'glitz and glamor'. Does she really believe that we think it is???

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Kathy, I think in Renee's mind yes, she probably believes that we think of it being "pretty".

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Renee has such a man face and is kind of scary to me.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
They can think they its glamorous, but I think the mob is a joke. That said, I am loving this show. They even realize the men are all dead or in jail.

Just FYI Renee's sister is the creator and executive producer

Marameko

07-15-2002

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I think Karen is back since she probably needs $$$$$$$$$$. Poor Renee still thinks that the gangster life is glamorous. Maybe years from now she will know better and think in a more realistic manner. Right now she is still too entrenched.
Drita got on my nerves talking about no one caring about the families of those in jail. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO perhaps if the gangster had thought about his family he would not be in the pokey.

Katbee

09-15-2001

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katbee a private message Print Post    
OMG!!! That fight last night was out of control...all of these ladies need calm down and breathe just a bit.....even with the subtitles I couldn't understand what they were yelling....and it continues next week...very disturbing......but I'm still gonna watch!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I love this show, too! But I get the heebee jeebees when Renee is on screen, she's just plain scary looking to me!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
When and what channel is this show on? It was scary around here in the last 70s, early 80s. The mobs were having a war and I found out restaurants I never would have expected were mob hangouts. They were gunning each other down and blowing up houses, one not far from my parents' house where I grew up. What's worse, I found that many of the kids I hung out with in school had fathers who were in the mob and that I had actually been in their houses.. <shiver>

Marameko

07-15-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This show is like a disaster on steroids. I see a SNL skit with Renee , Nene form HWOA, Luanne and Ramona from HWONYC with Teresea from the HWONJ thrown in for further drama.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
It's on VH1, Watching! You can watch episodes online, too. All of the women's last names end in "o". I just noticed that :-)

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Hahaha... I GET that! When I was growing up,we were one of a very few families whose name did not end with a vowel who hadn't shortened their name! I'll have to check this show out. Although those Housewives in NJ are doing a pretty good job at playing the roles of gangstas! LOL

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

Debra

11-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
I was just telling Mom about this show yesterday. I told her that it was totally out of control with the physical fighting and that I didn't think I could watch anymore. Who am I kidding? LOL!