TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 12, 2011 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Kayla Radomski(SYTYCD season 5) will be performing with 3 acts on the 9th.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But there is the callback round.

And didn't Jackie Evancho come from the youtube contestants?? We haven't seen them yet.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
@ Seamonkey - this coming week is the YouTube "finalists" so these will be acts the tv audience have never seen before. Yes, Jackie was off You Tube (which is why so many detractors claimed she was 'dubbed'.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, August 08, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I dub her awesome. :-)

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Yet another week without a "Wow".

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Really sad show when a dog is the best act.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
3/4 of the way through and the only act I thought worthy of the next round is the one with the people balancing either side of the ladder.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I loved Gabe!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
there is just not a lot of strong acts this year. The acts that looked great in the first rounds landed with a thud in these semi finals..
One of my favorite acts, Elew, the piano player was sent straight through to Hollywood and then was never heard from or seen again..
People may not love Howie Mandel, but he is an actual stand up comedian entertainer, he does know the ropes.. Piers needs to learn to loosen up and take himself a little less seriously, he's making it very uncomfortable to watch..

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Totally agree, Kellirippa, Piers is awful, so arrogant and self obsessed. Always me, me, me with no humour. He writes off acts before they even perform because he's so narrow minded, then puts through the busty ladies. He annoys me, if you couldn't tell ;).

The last few acts were better than the first few last night, and I'd like to see the act with the ladder, the glowy bike act and the dance group with the ghoul faces go through. I guess for fourth I'd want it to be the dog because at least it was entertaining.

I didn't like the Glee group, wasn't sure they were always in tune.
The guys who jumped off things were a bit too disorganised, and the distracting dancers didn't help.
Little bendy girl was too young!
The singer was just average.
The cloggers were average.
The girl dancer was average.
The magician was awful!
Basketball guy was awful!

Too much average and awful.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Maybe America doesn't have any talent.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They may have to change the name of the show.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
As I've said before, I disagree about Howie and Piers. I tend to agree with Piers' opinions more often than not.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I do tend to agree with Piers more, but I wish he could learn to be a little less abrasive about his comments. Although as a comedian, I love Howie.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I love Howie, too. I've loved him for years, ever since St. Elsewhere. He seems like he has a big heart.

Glenrie

03-24-2006

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenrie a private message Print Post    
Any spoiling tonight?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You may have seen it by now, but the ones who went straight through were the group with the ladder, the glowy bike guy and the solo male singer.

Acts 4 and 5 were the girl dancer and the dance group with the ghoulish faces, the girl went through 2-1.

Sharon said she chose the dance group with the ghoulish faces as her choice (one of her choices??) for the wild card performances next week so they still have a chance.

So performing next week are:

The Fiddleheads, Bluegrass Band
Landon Swank, Magician/Illusionist
Seth Grabel, Magician
Summerwind Skippers, Jump Rope Acrobatic Troupe
Charles Peachock, Juggler
Yellow Designs Stunt Team, Stunt Bikers
West Springfield Dance Team, Ghoulish Faced Dance Troupe
The Kinetic King, Trick Designer
Avery and the Calico Hearts, little girl singers
J. Chris Newberg, Comedian/Guitarist
Those Funny Little People
Shevvonne, Singer

Based on past performances I'd prefer the jump rope troupe and the stunt bikers, not sure which of the rest but hopefully a magician is good.

Pretty amazed Kinetic King and the little girl singers got another chance.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I don't recall this Shevvonne person. When did she sing? tia

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm amazed "Those Funny Little People" got another chance.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Funny Little People were probably put through just to annoy Piers. Makes good tv.
Avery and the Calico Hearts? Cute, but still have chipmunk voices, not a Vegas act.
Happy to see The Fiddleheads, Landon Swank, West Springfiled Dance, all got another chance.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I think the Funny Little People are cute. I'm sure there are experienced puppeteers inside.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really like the Funny Little People too! I really like the oddball acts.

I didn't recall Shevvonne either, Ketchup.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I found their website. It tells the story of where they come from. It's a couple who do a lot of shows throughout the year.
http://www.thosefunnylittlepeople.com/index.html

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Kinetic King ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Landon (magician) deserves to go through!!
ITA that Howie probably picked "Funny Little People" to annoy Piers.
Kinetic King is getting a "redemption". Nice.