TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 04, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 04, 2011 users admin

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I personally would prefer NOT to see singers in this competition.

There's plenty of other singing competitions - I'd like this one to be ONLY variety acts - magicians, jugglers, dancers, whatever!

And someone from above is right - the magicians continually get the shaft. In my mind this show should lean TOWARDS magicians! Total Vegas act!!

KS - the little girls are horrid. Seriously, they shouldn't have gotten this far.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm about half way through and I don't think I want any of them to go through so far!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Second half was better! I think iLuminate will go through for sure, and deserve to, then the stunt bike team and Fatally Unique. I guess Zuma Zuma or the piano juggler will be the fourth.

The comedienne messed it up by not being funny, which is a shame as she was so good last time.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I almost feel like someone either sabotages the acts or they are told to sabotage their acts. Even last week some of the mistakes seemed pre planned and some of the acts just unbelievabley lame, like that horse one. I smell something fishy after Kinetic's failure last night.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I liked Howie on Deal Or No Deal, but cannot stand him on this show. He is useless as a judge, and his childish antics are not funny. He seems to LOVE the acts that Piers buzzes, and in my opinion, Piers is the only judge who is taking this competition seriously. The three little girls do not belong in Las Vegas! Very disappointing acts have gone through this year.
To the powers, please do not renew Howie as a judge! Get someone in there who knows talent, and does not put through acts just because Piers does not think they have talent. Howie, please go back to stand up comedy, you are not a good judge!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was watching on my DVR and just ff through much of the commentary and even some of the acts but iLuminate got me again and thankfully there was still time to put in some votes!

I liked the magician.

The rest.. have suppressed the memory.. but I like Kinetic and was sorry he had problems..

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
The judges strike again. Ugh.

Original? People are talking about it? So you pick the crappy impressionist?

Shut up, Howie.

Here's my problem with Melissa. If you have to set it up by telling me who you're impersonating, you suck. End of story.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
illumiate and zumma zuma are through. I don't know the other two.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Fatally Unique was the first group put through. It's just starting here.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Howie cracks me up.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Howie cracks me up, too. I think he loves this show and has so much enthusiasm for it. I don't always agree with who he likes, but I don't always agree with all of them.

I do think it's showing less talent this year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I haven't been able to watch for a couple weeks because of show conflicts and not enough space on the DVR for the shows. Can anybody tell me if "Silhouette" is still in the comp?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Fatally Unique bugged me during their marching sequence (about 6 counts near the beginning of their routine) cause they were out of step to the music. Something only a person who grew up marching could really understand (or even notice). So it probably wasn't ultimately a big deal. LOL.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, Silhouette got through, Naja.

Some odd choices tonight but the talent was pretty low, I think apart from iLuminate the others would have got comparatively low percentages of the votes.

I'm a Howie fan too, I think he's more open to variety than Piers is. Piers is way too consumed with himself.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt :-) I was hoping they made it :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Damn it again. What do they have against magicians? the juggler? Granted, the musical juggle was half trick/half good juggling; but he's proven he can do a SHOW (different acts). The impressions are good, but not GREAT (and start to get stale).

iLuminate is THE act to beat this year. With Vegas money just imagine what the show will be (probably 2 dozen dancers in various combinations).

Next week - the top You Tube acts go on live TV. So total unknowns for the majority of us.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I missed who else went thru last night.

Fatally Unique, iLuminate, (who is Zuma Zumma?) and...?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I am going to have to go to the AGT site to vote for who I want the judges to give second chances to.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Zuma Zuma was the group that one time did skipping using one of the members as the rope. This week they went up poles and jumped across to the other, like Cirque du Soleil.

The final person was the impressionist/comedienne.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ah, thanks, Kitt!

Did the judges put the impressionist thru? She was awful! Who was she up against?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, the impressionist was 4th/5th against the piano juggler. It was 2-1 to the impressionist.

I thought the stunt bike act would definitely go through, but they didn't even make the top five.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wonder who the judges will pick for the call back round? Hope at least one illusionist/magician will make it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Wow, I would have gone with the stunt bike act over both the piano juggler and the impressionist!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - unfortunately that wasn't an option - at this point it's about the audience voting. The judges only get to choose between the 4th & 5th place vote getters. I wish the Magician had gotten to the 4th or 5th place. Then he would have had a chance.