TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 02, 2011 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Smage bros (motorcycle act), Silhouettes, pole dancer and the young singer that was "fierce" sorry I can't remember his name!

Bandit

07-29-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kar.

All good picks, I think. (The fierce kid's name is Daniel Joseph Baker.)

Bandit

07-29-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Ooh, except for Landon Swank (the magician). I liked him a lot! :-(

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I would have rather seen Landon over the motorcycle act (that's getting old now).
But it was judges choice. Shame. The illusionist would have given us something different with every show. The brothers is the same thing - how close can they get those tires next to their friend's head.
So so so glad Daniel is moving on - genuine, excited, sooo happy to be a part of this (and all the positive feedback/attention he's getting after years of bullying I'm sure). I don't usually like the singers (see upthread - singers should go to AI or SingOff or the Voice) but I'm enjoying his enthusiasm and love for the whole experience. I wish him the very best in the semis.
I was more impressed with the Silhouettes for their audition. This show it seemed almost gimmicky. Pole dancer needs to ditch the floor dancers - they were distracting to his act (and, at the same time, ditch the Leonind the Magnificant makeup).

Here's the top 8 so far:
Sandou Russian Bar Trio (acrobatic act)
Snap Boogie (solo male dancer)
Anna Graceman (teen female singer)
Miami All-Stars (dance)
Silhouettes (dance)
Pole Dancer (solo male 'dancer')
Daniel Joseph Baker ("fierce" male singer)
Smage Brothers (motorcycles)

Northstar

09-29-2008

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
Here's my brush with fame...I know Landon's dad through work. LOL.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The male pole dancer is Steve Retchless.

Good choices tonight. Again. I also might have taken the magician over the cyclists though.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I loved Traces. Wow, I've never heard of them before and was going to fast forward till I saw how great they were. I was thinking how Steven Retchless, male pole dancer, would fit in well with Traces.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Northstar - please tell Landon's dad that we were rooting for him and hopes he gets a gig here in Las Vegas anyway!

Tvclubber

06-22-2008

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvclubber a private message Print Post    
How is Landau Eugene Murphy doing? I saw his NY audition and was bowled over by his voice. He has a great demeanor while singing, too.

http://youtu.be/v6LOSEzo1QA

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Landau is going to be on next week's show.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ketchup. I was wondering.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
There was a show last night.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No one really thrilled me last night.

I liked the skippers and thought they were clever, but not so exciting I'd vote for them.

Sh'Boss (the three little boys) were a bit of a mess. But cute.

The mock-Enrique Iglesias was even more awful than before.

Can't remember what Seth Grabel did - maybe magic and I wasn't paying enough attention.

I loved Poplyfe, the girl singer with the band.

Ian Johnson, the yoyo guy, was a snoozefest.

Everyone seems to love Landau Eugene Murphy Jr, but I'm not sure he hits all the notes. He didn't thrill me.

Perfect Angelz did lassoo tricks but weren't stunning.

Monet, the young singer, was continually off key.

I can't watch acts like Captain and Maybelle so can't comment.

Lys Agnes was the opera singer, I liked her.

Professor Splash is clever but not a show.

I guess I definitely want to see Poplyfe and Lys Agnes go through. Of the rest I guess the skippers and Landau were the best.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Professor Splash shouldn't go through just cause he says what he's gonna do "next time" then doesn't deliver (he told us last time about using fire in his act, yet didn't do it this time). Don't presume you're gonna go through to the next level. I don't like being held hostage and told I have to vote for you in order for you to deliver something in your act. If you can't deliver it this time, then too bad for you.

The three little boys were cute, but could be undone by the producers. And it wouldn't be the first time an act did something the producers told them they had to do, and then not get voted through. Why can't the producers (and judges) leave these acts alone and let them be the acts they wanted to be in the first place?

I couldn't understand the ravings the judges gave some of the acts. I think we're supposed to be influenced by the judges and vote through these acts. As Kitt mentioned, none of them really wowed me.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the update Kitt (I had to go shopping last night and missed the show). I completely forgot about Lys. She was good.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Poplyfe,Landau,& Lys are advancing

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
So far the audience voting got it right tonight.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And the judges choose.... Prof. Splash. Booo.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Ugh. So they apparently don't mind getting held hostage for their vote.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't think they should have put the little boys in the three left/one goes home section. They should have got rid of them in a group where others went home too. Nick Cannon handled it really well though.

I liked all the choices except Prof Splash. I can't remember what that other act did, but they must have been more adaptable to a Vegas show than a guy who jumps into a pool.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I must admit when they first put Nick Cannon on the show, i missed Jerry Springer--now I cannot see this show without him. He is so funny. I liked how he was with the kids too--maybe he's getting good practice when his babies grow up :-).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The guy they discarded over Prof. Splash was the magician, and he had done really really well this week.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
The only put through I disagreed with was Prof. Splash. Heck, did you see his bruises? Add fire to that and even if he makes it through his stunt, how could he parlay that to a 90 minute show at least seven times a week? Even if he had other stunt acts in his show, his one dive per night at his age, might do him in. I would have rather seen the magician go through. I was really impressed by his illusion.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
That is the second time the magician gets the shaft from the judges. I think they dislike magic more than they hate jugglers. What gives? These magicians are talented and the high dive SUCKS!!!

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Kinetic King - Poor guy.

I think showing the piano juggler and SamB back to back illustrates why Sharon and Howie are useless as judges. How they can justify buzzing him but not SamB I will never know.

Team Iluminate - Um... I don't get it. If they were doing the same act without the lights it would get buzzed in the auditions. I just don't get it.

The girl impressionist wasn't funny.

The disappointing season continues.

Edited to add: Someone needs to be honest with the three little girl singers. They sound like kids singing. That's it.