TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 20, 2011 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
OMG Karuuna!! I totally agree (again)!! I was laughing outloud last night!!! And I don't see them winning, either...but I WOULD go see them, too.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really don't like Piers, he's way too narrow minded for a show like this. I agree Howie puts through some questionable acts, but I usually find them more enjoyable than the scantily dressed women Piers always favours. I think Sharon's the best, she just seems to embrace all the acts for what they are, even if they are a bit rubbish!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I get a kick out of THE LITTLE PEOPLE too! :-) And Piers can be an old Cranky Pants sometimes, so I luv that Howie teases the heck out of him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I find them mildly annoying but it is fun that they get to Piers. But I sure wouldn't pay Vegas prices to go see them!

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Spoilers on who moved on tonight?

Pinklady222

07-16-2009

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pinklady222 a private message Print Post    
Sandou Russian Bar Trio
Snap Boogie
Anna Graceman
Miami All-Stars

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pinklady! :-)

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
i LOVE Priscilla Queen of the Desert! I almost thought Prince Poppycock would be with them :-(. I wish he had been, I miss him !

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Shelb - I agree. Still think he got robbed last year.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I know he did. I think one of the reasons he lost was that his last performance was not as good as his previous ones. One more thing--while the Fiddle Heads (i think that was their name) were not my personal favorite, something was mentioned in their intro that the "producers" wanted them to do Billie Jean. I'm sure they were not thrilled with what it came out as.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Was sorry to see the fiddle guys did not go through. Question: Would you pay money to see Russian Bar Trio, Snap Bookie, Anna or Miami All Stars? Do you think they could do an hour show? I feel Miami All Stars could, since they do all types of dancing. Shelb and Wowprincess: I agree, Prince Poppycock was very entertaining and could have carried a Las Vegas show.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I keep expecting him to be on there :-). Maybe some day he'll come back as a guest star :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Personally, I'd be bored with an hour of Miami All Stars dancing. Even tho they do different styles, and they are very good, it's all stuff I've seen before with other dance troupes.

Didn't care for Prince Poppycock either.

Definitely could go for an hour of singing by a great artist like Anna.

And could watch Snap Boogie for an hour, because his dancing is so unique. Seems like he could bring more variety, by using backups, not using backups etc.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I get bored "watching" singers. Blech. Give me movement & humor.

Marysafan

08-07-2000

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marysafan a private message Print Post    
I really LIKED the Fiddleheads and I believe they got screwed by the producers. They were too trusting and naive. Can you tell I'm bummed?

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I loved the fiddleheads too, they could do an hour show, listening to the producers did them in.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Smage Bros. ftw!!!!!!!!! Go Badgers!!!!!!!!!

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Okay is it just me, or is this season horrible?

I don't know if the Howie/Piers thing is real, but it has ruined this season. The damn puppets and a bunch of other stuff that shouldn't have gone through combined with too much dancing and singing, not enough variety acts.

Also, I don't have a favorite. That makes it less fun to watch.

Edited to add: Piers is the only judge worth a darn. Sharon is too nice and Howie is weird.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
KSwheels -- I think the problem with this season is a lack of great talent. I like all three judges, but I think Piers is portrayed as a grouch when in fact he's often right on target as far as I'm concerned. Just saw his exchange with the western act and I couldn't have agreed more. The original act was exciting and different and the guy comes out this time doing really amateur moves with a horse, and when Piers questions why he changed the act the guy stands up there making excuses for the horse. He didn't seem to understand that he didn't need the horse -- he just needed to build on the original act with more knife throwing and gun shooting. So weird. I can't figure out why the acts aren't getting it. The show is about finding an act that can headline a Vegas show and so far I'm not sure which of them can do that.

As far as the Piers / Howie thing... I like both of them for different reasons, but I think they're very different people and they actually do have very different opinions. Howie is a comedian and he likes to push Piers' buttons. Sharon should be the tie breaker, but as you said she's just too nice so that means a lot of acts got through that shouldn't have. So far none of the acts are really wowing me.

There's a few acts we haven't seen yet in this round -- the guy who sings like Frank Sinatra, the guy who high dives into the kiddie pool, the Bo Derek looking chick who sings opera -- so maybe one of them will surprise us with something great. At least I hope so.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There were only two tonight who deserved to go through imo, the male pole dancer and the shadow act (although going the "God Bless America" route was a bit obvious!). I love the Justin Bieber girl but I don't think she's right for the show, she'd be better in a small venue.

Piers' treatment of the male pole dancer is why I think he's a bad judge. Even if the act isn't to his taste, you can't say it isn't a talent or doesn't require skill, so beeping it is just rude and attention-seeking.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Jezzedout - The problem with the current judge makeup is that Sharon's seat was never meant to be the tiebreaker seat.

You have Piers whose job is to be the bad cop.
You have the Brandi/Sharon seat as the good cop.
And then you have the Hoff/Howie seat, which has always been the tiebreaker.

Here's the problem with Howie. He consistently puts acts through just to screw with Piers. Hoff did it occasionally, like with Boy Shakira for example. And the Quick Change artists.

The result of Howie constantly tweaking Piers by putting acts through regardless of talent, is that it weakened an already extremely weak field of talent.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I also think last night was not the best night. I love the "fierce" kid--although there was something in the sound quality--it didn't sound loud enough. Or maybe I was just tired. But the cowboy act, ugh that was just awful. I have never seen such a fall from grace as that was.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Ha ha KSwheels -- I actually almost forgot that "The Hoff" was once part of this show. Probably because his presence caused me not to watch it back then. I personally prefer Howie. I don't always understand Howie's judging decisions but I enjoy his humor and find him far more entertaining that Hasselhoff.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed the young men on the motorcycles.

Bandit

07-29-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Missed the results show, who made it through?

I hope next week is the week we see Melissa Villasenor (the impressionist/comedienne). I've been so looking forward to seeing her again and we haven't seen her since her original audition.