TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 13, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 13, 2011 users admin

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Piers has always been my favorite judge too but then again, I love Simon Cowell. So much better to let them know straight up than to string them along.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
do the judges hear their backstories before they compete?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Sam B, 32 ~ America's Got Talent 2011, New York Auditions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pANuw4IXrEs

Northstar

09-29-2008

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
Not only was he laughing his head off, but he voted yes too. Way to roll with it Piers!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Editing the show down to 1 hour by only showing parts of acts is a great improvement. We can see the full acts in Vegas.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We were both laughing and enjoying Leo as well. Good for him! He would actually do quite well as a variety act in quite a few Vegas venues. Krave (link may NSFW), for example, would be a very appropriate audience for him.
SamB - should be cut in the first group (sorry, he "won" a trip to LV but doesn't belong in the the tv show unless the producers want him for some of the "easy vote outs" during the first round of TV audience voting).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Vegas!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was unfair to tell Justin Bieber girl to sing a cover version. I don't think she was in the show just to showcase her voice, her "act" is as much her song writing as her singing. I don't know what they expect her to do in the semis.

Did anyone else notice the female pole dancer had to put little shorts on again? Last time all the interviews and shots of her in the crowd had her in a bikini kind of costume, and when she performed she had shorts under it, and the same this time, she had a cut away swimsuit on through all the chat and background shots, then when she performed she had the shorts. You'd have thought they could have told her right off she had to wear something more covered next time.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I suspect Dani *justin bieber lookalike* will sing another song. Her voice is too incredible to pass up. So, she wants to be a writer but it's smart advice for the judges to tell her to sing songs that are known. Then, if she makes it, then she can showcase whatever she wants.

Marysafan

08-07-2000

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marysafan a private message Print Post    
I loved the Justin Bieber girl! I was so happy that she made it through. I love her voice...but love her writing as well. I am huge fan of singer songwriters.

I know the Geechy Guy too! It must have been over 20 years since I've seen him because I'm pretty sure both of my girls were living at home then and I have a grandson that is nineteen so that tells ya how long daughter #1 has been out of the house! The fact that I remembered him and his "Java man" joke (only he used to look a LOT more like Java man back then), tells me that he is funny, because if he hadn't been funny, I doubt that I would have remembered him after all this time!

I am still cracking up over his comment "I have so many jokes it isn't funny." line.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
No Leonid

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Several seasons ago was Leonid the guy dressed as an angel complete with wings all in white? He's got to realize that if his 15 minutes of "fame" isn't up, then it is going fast. I am very glad that the six year old dancer came on with his mother when they told him that he wasn't going to LA. His little face was just so sad.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
That was Leonid if my memory's correct. Voting starts after tonight's 2 hour show!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Leonid needs to stay here in LV and get a job here. I love his variety - you just never know what he's going to do next. Perfect for Vegas.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I'm voting for the russian bar trio.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
That was amazing, Ketchup.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I really like Snap Boogie, Anna (little girl singer/piano player) and the Russian bar act.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm with you on the first two. But I can't watch the Russian bar act. It's a little crazy to me to do something so life threatening.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That was my issue, they changed an act I was thrilled at to one I can no longer watch. It was good enough without the fire and nails.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree. and it really bugged me when they asked why she did that and she said "we want to win." Really? A million is more important than your life? Okey dokey.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I am so over Howie Mandell. His antics teasing Piers are getting very old. I do not find it amusing. Howie is acting like a 12 year old. Poor Piers is the only judge who is actually looking for talent. Some of the acts that Sharon and Howie love and put through, are pitiful!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I love Howie! Personally I think that his way of looking at the world, open and yes somewhat childlike, very appealing and fun.

yeah, they put thru some questionable stuff, but it gets sorted out at this stage.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True, but some of the questionable stuff caused acts less questionable to go home.. acts that might have continued to mature and gain needed publicity.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm with Karuuna. And I don't think it causes acts that are less questionable anything....they mull over them all when they pick the 48

Piers should have never called Howie the most annoying person on earth...or whatever he said...that's why Howie is trying to annoy him so much....he makes me laugh!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think they have ever put thru an act that was resoundingly rejected by the audience, so I'm still okay with what they put thru. Ultimately, the audience decides.

An example is the Little People. I find them hysterical, and probably would go see them in Vegas. I don't think they'll win. However, Piers just *hates* them, and was thoroughly disgusted when Howie and Sharon put them thru.