TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 30, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge - Rivals: Archive through June 30, 2011 users admin

Scoutmom

01-19-2006

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scoutmom a private message Print Post    
Just saw that this is starting tonight. Previews just say it's in Costa Rica and someone goes home the first night because of a fight.
Rivals means that people are teamed with their rival from the past - as in Wes and Kenny are a team.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I doubt MTV will post the episode online for a few days. Anyone get a chance to see it tonight?

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
It was pretty good. Adam from Real World Las Vegas went home for hitting Ty. I really can't stand Ty, I'd like to see him go home. It was good to see TJ Lavin looking so well. I wish Paula and Evelyn had gone home instead of Robin and Aneesa, but there's still plenty of time for Paula to screw up. Oh, and King Kenny is still as full of himself as ever. What a jerk he is.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Hey Nerovh, thanks for the details!!

I'd heard the rumor about Adam punching someone... I guess he'll never learn. Glad I won't have to sit through a whole season of him. Guy has a screw loose.

King Kenny... LOL! An apt characterization. Can't stand the guy!!!

I only recently heard about TJ Lavin's near death condition from several months ago. Glad to hear he's on board for this season and looking well!

Your early review sounds positive. Given the drought of reality shows right now, I'm looking forward to this one starting.

Rhondalee

05-10-2011

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhondalee a private message Print Post    
Always enjoy this MTV show. CT seems really calm and states it is becuz of the death of his brother and being shot in the back, Wonder how long he will last before acting like a fool. Dont like Kenny or Laurel.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Yay, MTV posted the episode this morning. Looks like another good challenge!

As stated above, glad Adam is gone. Good riddance. Hope he grows up some day.

Super happy to see Big Mike!! I just read on MTV.com that Mike and Leroy are angling to get their own show. Love those two together -- I'd definitely watch that. Good vibes from those two.

CT...agree he seems much calmer -- hope it lasts.

Nerovh -- funny that you were disappointed with the Robin/Aneesa elimination. I'm not a big Paula fan, but I don't think I could have taken a whole season of Robin. She seems to be always either drunk or crying, and neither one is pretty on her. Didn't realize she had a kid. Wonder who the baby daddy is?

Agree with you though about Ty. Liked him okay on his season, but he just seems like a complete a** now. Wish the would have sent him home also.

Kenny, Laurel, Wes, Johnny -- what a bunch of idiots. Johnny used to be a fav but that was years ago before his obnoxious alter ego took over. Kenny -- absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Previews look like challenges will be intense. Looking forward to it!

Kc103

07-13-2004

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize this was starting already. I'll have to catch the repeat this weekend some time. I'm glad to hear that TJ Lavin is back and seems to be doing well. Sounds like a lot of the big egos are back from reading your posts.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Where do you all know these people FROM? None of the names sound familiar to me!

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Well, I would have been fine with Robin going home and taking Paula with her instead of Aneesa, but we can't have everything we want, lol. I can't wait to see how Laurel acts when she gets voted into the challenge because she's a "strong" player. I'll never forgive her for the nasty way she treated Eric that time, I'm hoping she goes down hard.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
TNT - these are all long time MTV Real World/Challenge people. Most Real World people aren't terribly athletic or interested in the challenges, they are brutal & some people have Real Lives. Challenges were always the domain of the Road Rules teams, but Road Rules is no longer, so they've been having "Fresh Meat" challenges every couple of years to allow new people that *want* to compete (& be on TV) & that's where they've been getting most of the competitors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Challenge:_Rivals

I was *shocked*, utterly *shocked* to see CT back - I fear he will eventually kill someone. It didn't appear as if he was drinking, the first night & that may be a condition of his stay. I don't buy this new man BS.

According to cursory web searches - No one knows who the father is, but sources close to Robin Hibbard say it is not another cast member of Real World.

Male Contestants[2] Player↓ Original Season↓ Finish↓
Adam King RW: Paris TBD
Brandon Nelson Fresh Meat II TBD
Chris "CT" Tamburello RW: Paris TBD
Davis Mallory RW: Denver TBD
Evan Starkman Fresh Meat TBD
Johnny Devenanzio RW: Key West TBD
Kenny Santucci Fresh Meat TBD
Leroy Garrett RW: Las Vegas 2011 TBD
Michael Ross[a] RW: Las Vegas 2011 TBD
Nehemiah Clark RW: Austin TBD
Ty Ruff RW: Washington, D.C. TBD
Tyler Duckworth RW: Key West TBD
Tyrie Ballard RW: Denver TBD
Wes Bergmann RW: Austin TBD
Adam Royer RW: Las Vegas 2011 Episode 1[a]

Female Contestants[2] Player↓ Original Season↓ Finish↓
Camila Nakagawa Spring Break Challenge TBD
Cara Maria Sorbello Fresh Meat II TBD
Evelyn Smith Fresh Meat TBD
Jasmine Reynaud RW: Cancun TBD
Jenn Grijalva RW: Denver TBD
Jonna Mannion RW: Cancun TBD
Katelynn Cusanelli RW: Brooklyn TBD
Laurel Stucky Fresh Meat II TBD
Mandi Moyer Fresh Meat II TBD
Paula Meronek RW: Key West TBD
Sarah Rice RW: Brooklyn TBD
Theresa Gonzalez Fresh Meat II TBD
Aneesa Ferreira RW: Chicago Episode 1
Robin Hibbard RW: San Diego Episode 1

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://vermonttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/BT/20080819/NEWS02/808190350/

http://www.wcax.com/story/14681437/verdict-in-kyle-bolaski-murder-trial?clienttype=printable

Here are some articles about the murder of CT's older brother. This would shake anybody.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to give CT a few more episodes before I judge him. I think he's been really scary in the past, but if he's honestly trying to change then I'll give him a little time to prove it one way or the other. I'm sure it's not easy to change the kind of behavior he's had in the past.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, WWB! Obviusly there whole worlds about which I am unaware! I must lead a very sheltered life - and I am not sure that is a bad thing!

Oregonguy

02-12-2006

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oregonguy a private message Print Post    
Ev- "for me to win the impossible has to happen....Paula has to win"

Aneesa- "get your dirty ass out of my weave" to Ev after she lost the duel and was hugging her

Kenny- "the worst thing about Wes is his ugly face"

Kenny- "i'm going to show this guy (wes) what a finish line looks like"

Kenny- "now she is going to smell like bacon" about jasmine hooking up with tyree.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Kenny is a verbal bully.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Kenny is a huge jerk. I used to like him when he first came on the show, but now I absolutely detest him.

I heard what Aneesa said to Ev, and although I don't think it sounds nice, I think she was just trying to keep Ev from getting mud in her weave. I've heard that it's very difficult to clean that kind of stuff out of weaves, so I'm not sure what Aneesa was doing wearing one on this kind of show.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I watched this finally...........Kenny is the biggest jerk! Kenny & Wes together will prove to be interesting...........they could take the whole thing if they will just each put their huge egos aside.

waiting for the "hated" Johnny to show his "a$$" like he always does. And, I do not like Laurel at all!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
When and on what channel does this take place?

I am both astonished and repelled by your viewer comments -

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
MTV and wednesday's I think. Goto www.mtv.com and you can watch past shows online, easy no download :-)

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
TNT -- I am both astonished and repelled by the show itself at times, lolol. It's a train-wreck sometimes, but still a fun watch when there's nothing else on. Some of the competitions can be really interesting to watch, but a lot of the contestants are just non-stop drama.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Jasmine = the new CT. And if Kenny and Wes are so sure they are the best, why did they pick the team that they considered the weakest to go against in the jungle? I wish they had been forced to go against CT and Adam in that challenge because even with Adam as his partner, CT could have sent those two jerks home.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Jasmine showed that she's very young and alcohol isn't something she's good at drinking yet. I am soooooo glad there wasn't YouTube when I was in my 20's drinking lol so I'm sure she's a nice girl just what an embarrassing tirade by her.

Was cool to see Wes and Kenny talking like friends and working together. I was disappointed the CT screaming in Wes' face was for next week's show but they showed more of the clip and Wes doesn't look like the wimpy pansy he did on the first CT screamin at Wes preview from last week.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I think CT has already taken a lot from Kenny/Wes/Evan/Johnny. They've all ganged up to get him out, and Kenny and Wes have been their usual loud-mouthed foolish selves to him. I'm surprised he hasn't yelled at them before now. It was funny when they put that thing in his bed and it took all of them to get it in there, then CT just walks in and picks it up and sets it at the end of the bed.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I give Wes credit for acknowledging that CT is stronger than he is. That's where Wes is different than Kenny in a good way. I think Wes and CT get along fairly well, it's more Kenny giving CT lip by what I've seen on the show. That's why I'm surprised CT is screaming at Wes so I'm looking forward to next week's show to find out why.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
TNT - watching Real World has always been a guilty pleasure of mine - but when they went to LasVegas it was harder and harder for me to watch, but I'd check in every now and then - like willwillbe posted, these are all old characters - that keep coming on for these challenges - they all have a known "attitude" and dislike of one another and MTV ramps it up for these challenges - all in come kind of compound filled with alcohol - and voting out someone -