TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 29, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 29, 2011 users admin

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Adding to my comment on the acts from other countries (which really is fine by me, just saying it's not really technically America's Got Talent)....

Anyway, it just dawned on me that "America's" talent acts are being judged upon by two Brits and a Canadian!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
That Russian balance beam act. They said we'd likely never seen something like that before. But I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an act just like that on a previous season of AGT. In fact, IIRC, they were slated to be in the top 10 (or how ever many it is that gets on the show for voting), and she got injured before the live shows started and they had to withdraw and a replacement act was called in.

The 6 year old dancer kid was cute. But you know what? I'm not sure it's any less creepy to have a 6-year-old boy doing pelvic thrusts than it is to have a little girl dress up like a hooker and shake her booty in a kiddie pageant.

My dog really liked the bird. She really fixed her gaze on the TV when it was on. LOL. I guarantee you though they won't let two bird acts into the final. They better both step up their game for the next round, casue I'm sure at least one will go.

The splash guy. Yea, they're gonna build a whole Vegas act over a stunt that takes about 15 seconds to perform. LOL.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks Who. You are right. In the semi's the girl was injured some time before the finals and the act had to withdraw. I thought I was remembering incorrectly.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I thought the splasher was a woman. I only saw the previews.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Splasher was 50 yo man.
6 yr old dancer should be cut before Vegas rounds (along with most of the acts we saw they passed thru before Pierce got seated).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
And that 19 yo singer/piano player should be on the next season of Glee as a series regular. Someone better sign him up!!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Saw an opera singer. I prefer Jackie from last year.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The six year old dancer wasn't all that good. Cute, but not as confident or smooth as the two little boys who also went through.

This new parrot is good.. we'll see if he has more to bring, but I liked him.

I liked that large group who danced in shadows.

And while it might not be a first, I liked the beam act so far.

I guess America seems to mean US these days, but I always considered us part of north America and thus America would include north, central and south america. But in terms of this show I think they did sort of mean US.

I thought the Kenyans lived here now.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Piers and Howies antics are silly and I do not like it at all. It is so fake. Just like wrestlers acting fake and then they are good friends off screen.
I do like Howie and also Sharon, however, they are putting some awful acts through, it is ridiculous. The little boy thrusting and gyrating..please! Would you go to Vegas and pay to see some of these acts!
Piers is the only one who seems serious about who goes through.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Piers has his moments.. he'll send through boobs and butts, just for that..

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The good news is the pattern over the past few years has them eliminating a room full of acts as soon as they arrive in Las Vegas (so basically if the audience likes you but you're really NOT good material for the show, you "win" a trip to Las Vegas). Then they keep a few novelty acts so the first TV voting shows has some "easy" eliminations.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
LOL Seamonkey! Piers does appear to enjoy the pretty ladies, I like him.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 2:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I've seen Geechy Guy before, including his "3rd from the left on the evolution chart" thing. He wasn't quite as jittery IIRC. I looked him up, and near as I can figure I must have seen him on Star Search.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Last night there was a pledge special on PBS's Great Performances with Jackie Evanko as a tie-in to her new album.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Anyone still watching this show?

Just have to say I was stunned when Sharon and Howie voted to put through the cheesy couple doing the Titanic song. Her voice was painful! Why oh why would they put that act through to Vegas?

Love, love, love Piers!! I've never been able to put my finger on what it is about him, but I just adore him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching, and yes I agree. Howie just gets weird sometimes.

I don't love Piers tho. Love Howie, wonky as he can be.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Karuuna -- I like Howie too, he cracks me up. His smile is infectious! But Piers, he's just yummy!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Piers fan here too. I thought I was alone. Since the "Hoff" left I like all the judges, but Piers is my favorite.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
High five Mamabatsy!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
There's always some questionable acts but they often get the axe in LV. Then a few acts go on to the live audience voting quarter finals so we get some easy vote outs during the first rounds.
Liked that Sinatra singing guy from NYC.
And the comedian who did the vocal impressions from Seattle.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Wow. The "take the 'I' out of SAM" guy was HYSTERICAL!....he could really move! I did NOT expect that at all.

Even The Magnificent Leo was a surprise....he was a pretty good quick change artist (even though his presentation needed some work).

I'm glad he got over the humiliation that Hasslehoff and Morgan heaped on him in seasons 1 & 2 (even though he did kind of deserve it.)

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I agree Sanfran but I still was surprised they let him go on to Vegas. A real nut job!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I really like the Magnificent Leo. I am not sure he has a great act but his personality is endearing. He finally gets to go to Vegas!

And I loved SamBe!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Also, the young lady who had done a lot of drugs but was recovering from those addictions, she was wonderful! I really lost some respect for Howie and almost for Sharon. Howie said no and Sharon finally said yes. Piers is the best judge.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean, Denecee. I fell in love with her at first sight. She got such a self esteem boost with the reaction of the crowd.