TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 08, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 08, 2011 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Figured to get this started (first episode is tonight).
Terry Fator (most successful winner so far) & Michael Grimm (most recent winner) were on Piers Morgan (CNN) last night.
FYI: Jabberwocky & Recycled Percussion are featured shows in Las Vegas in Strip hotels.

I'm still not a fan of singers in this show - I feel there are plenty of singing shows available and this should be a showcase for non-singing talents.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I second that emotion. On the previews I saw a stunt bike guy and lights out acts. I also saw someone fall off the stage. Let the games begin!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm ok with singing groups or bands being on this show. I would rather solo singers, be banned from this show - like you all said, there are enough shows already for them to showcase their talent on. Dancers too, except groups should be banned. That being said, any act that would not be something of interest as Vegas acts should be banned. Most acts that involve children would be included in my last stmt. However, I do enjoy watching the exceptionally talented children that they show on TV - they're just not Vegas material IMO.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Loved the parrot act, sexy magician, & Miami dancers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Parrot act, the Miami dancers and the little rappers.. And there were other good acts and some good laughs, too.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
That's exactly my postion: Will it play in Vegas? If not, then probably shouldn't be up on that stage. Kids should not be put through this turmoil (but where do we draw the age line?). I've seen some mature 8 yo and some immature 16 yo. However, most of the little kid acts are just not happy tv after the first round.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Parrot act, Miami dancers, hot magician, illuminated dancers... like. Child rappers? Please no kids! Really, no kids ever. Please, adults only?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
what did ya'll think of the uni-cycle guy? I thought he was funny, but Howie sure didn't.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I thought the uni cycle bit was hysterical. Howie was mortified, which added to the hilarity. Piers and Sharon getting a kick out of his discomfort and not pushing the button added. The guys shtick was cute. Can he continue without Howie to play off of ? We will see but Howie's reaction was priceless.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well if unicycle guy wanted an actual show in Vegas, he'd have to find another act, one not involving Howie.

I liked the illuminated dancers too.

But the kids.. well they were there and they were really cute.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I saw Howie on Ellen today. He has it "in" for Piers this season and was telling everyone to "get" Piers and say it was from Howie. Should be an interesting season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sigh. Yet another show where it is becoming more about the judges at times.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. I too like the parrot lady, hot magician, Illumination, Miami Dancers and can do without the children and solo singer in acts.

I just love the host, he cracks me up.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Parrot was cute but can she make it fresh for more than a few weeks? Cute magician, looking forward to his next trick. Rapping kids were adorable but not expecting anything to stand out later in the competition. Have to be able to do something 'new' every week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think she has other birds, so it depends on what they can do. I did like THAT parrot at least.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
She said she had other birds that could do other (different) things, so... we'll see in Las Vegas, won't we? :-)

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Just watched the replay on Hulu. Can't say I was incredibly wowed by any of the acts so far. The illuminated group was cool, but I would have liked to see the whole act, not just excerpts from it. The Miami dancers seemed a bit out of synch to me, but again, we only saw excerpts from their performance, so maybe the judges saw something we didn't? I thought the parrot was amusing, although I got the feeling like her act wasn't finished when the judges began asking questions. I'll be curious to see what she does for the second round.

I like AGT and BGT so will keep watching, but I do hope there are some better acts coming.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Those little boys were adorable, but not really winning material.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Stupid question....why is this called "America's" Got Talent when they are letting in acts from Kenya, Costa Rica, etc? Not that I think the acts were bad, but just thinking it's not really American talent anymore, is it?

The Kenyan guys were pretty good. But that Costa Rica guy who was supposed to be a big star there? Yeesh! I guess Costa Rica is really hurting for some real talent or something? And they let him through? That's absurd! He was cheesy beyond cheesy, and way too much into himself. Howie seemed to think that was part of his act. But I'm not so sure about that.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Maybe those acts live here now.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Why was this show edited down to one hr with filler from the judges rather than showing us the acts that went thru?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I think there's another episode tonight vsmart.

Marysafan

08-07-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marysafan a private message Print Post    
I thought last night's epsisode was awful. The best performer was the comedian who was first up, after that way too much time spent on the dud acts and the judges acting up. Not enjoyable.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Piers Morgan's and Howie Mandell's antics come across as really fake to me. I think it's all planned out ahead of time because they seem to think fake drama is what people want to see.

It's just stupid, it's not funny, and it's a total waste of time.

I just wish the viewers had a big red button to push....Piers and Mandell's "act" would get three red "X"s in a heartbeat.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I enjoy it