TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 08, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 08, 2011 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I sort of wished they'd featured a bit about the wombats. I used to love it when Steve did a wombat show. Great little animals; such neat personalities.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think it is up to anyone but Kate, what is enough and with all those kids to send to college at heaven knows what price by then, medical insurance, heck, wait til they all start driving!

And I cannot imagine anyone turning down opportunities like Alaska and especially Australia and New Zealand! And for Kate, too.. she hadn't ever been anywhere, not even in a plane before she got married, whereas Jon had gotten to bum around Europe and even returned there after their breakup. And they were all ready, with passports and all, to go to Korea, when that was nixed by Jon. So what a great experience for her as well.

And Terri and Kate did seem to bond and of course they aren't stupid.. if they can pursue their own agendas.. I know Australia Zoo has had tough times, so all the better to get worldwide exposure again and if Kate gets involved in wildlife issues, also a good thing for the Irwins. Terri certainly supports kids in the spotlight and learning to speak in public and all that and while there is still much love for all the Irwins, there were in the past criticisms when Steve took the baby with him while he was feeding the croc. So I'm sure she understand how Kate has had to live with so many having strong and negative opinions of everything she does.

When I was looking at pictures online prior to this episode, people were moaning and groaning that the Gosselins got to sit in a special area, as if they had demanded it be built.. of course that section of the Crocoseum has always been there.. seen back when Steve was alive and during his memorial service as well.. and the Irwins were sitting there too..

I loved it during the long photo session when Kate realized that she isn't the only mom to become weary and speak up to hurry things along.. Terri wasn't passive either.

I was so envious of Kate being up close with that amazing tiger!!! The koalas!!

OG, yes, a wombat would have been great.. I think there might have been one in the animal meet n greet and in the big picture.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I don't think it is up to anyone but Kate, what is enough and with all those kids to send to college at heaven knows what price by then, medical insurance, heck, wait til they all start driving

The children were all given college degrees by the State of PA when they were born.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And that could be true and could happen and they could all want to go to those schools.. and maybe Pennsylvania is in better shape than most states, etc.; that was just one for instance.. life has a way of coming up with sudden changes. layoffs, lack of a job, sudden health issues.. many opine that all the kids need therapy and therapy sure isn't cheap, I know that for a fact.

Even the expenses that happen for all parents of school kids for field trips, uniforms, sports.. times 8.

And it is a sure bet that Jon or people involved with Jon, like his "lifecoach" will still be trying to get paid by Kate (life coach is suing for some bill for her "coaching" of Jon.. suing Kate, that is)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
they were given DEGREES?? Bachelors or Masters?
you must mean scholarships. how lovely for them. but still, speaking as someone who completely had the rug pulled out from them medically and finacially, it's hard to not worry about the future even if it looks like it's made in the shade.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
LOL..sorry...yes, I meant scholarships.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I wonder if those scholarships are for PA public schools. When the time comes, the kids may want to go to other schools. (I wonder if Cara and Mady were also given scholarships.) Also, the scholarships may only include tuition.

If I were Kate, I would probably never feel like any amount of money was enough until the younger 6 were out of college. I would continue to save as much as possible until then. Just in case.

And I would not count on those scholarships until they actually happen. (Someone I know who was all set to go to UC Santa Barbara had her scholarship grant revoked due to the CA economy by the state of CA 2 weeks before school was going to start. She had awesome grades from her community college. It was not revoked due to anything she did. Not only was she heart broken, she lost $ on the apt. she had rented. She just couldn't do it w/o that money that the state had promised to her. I'm sure this happened to many students in Ca.)

That wombat is so cute! I love to look at them too. I think I heard or read that they are not very friendly animals though.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the pix, Sea. I too took Steve's death very hard. I was just stunned for days. The only other celeb whom I really mourned was Princess Di...just those two.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What did they get paid--total so far for their TV episodes, appearances, Kate's speeches and the books? Hasn't it got to be millions??

No way could I compare my measly life and earnings to theirs. I guess I could understand the "until it happens" theory, but given their "apples" (compared to my oranges) I don't think they will ever have to worry about money. Just my opinion.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I would think so, Julie. I've always wondered how people who had so much end up being broke. I've always thought if they only saved a good amount, they would have been set for life. The thing is, these people get used to living life on a scale none of us are accustomed to living. Certainly there have been mothers who raised 8 kids in a much smaller home on a fraction of the amount of money. Considering how fame is fleeting, I would want to make sure there was always something put away for when "it" all went away. It's just hard to fathom.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
No where near the money that Kate has at all, but I do know what happens when the bottom drops out and you watch all your savings go away. I never in a million years thought we would have to worry about money. Never in a millions years thought my 54 year old husband would have a heart attack that would cost us the rest of our savings. You just don't know....

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Not everybody goes to college on full scholarships - not everybody goes to college on their parents' dollars - lots of people WORK and pay their OWN ways through college!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Very true! My parents paid for my first year except for me babysitting to supplement that but when I decided to get married at 19 I was on my own.. my choice too.. and still graduated. But tuition is SO much more now and yes they still have grants but just this week they pulled money from Pell grants for summer school and I'm sure there were people counting on those too.

Often those people making what we think are millions, also are paying out for support people and taxes and they may not be working full time a rate that we calculate.. like if we hear that a teen mom reportedly made $140 for six months.. well that may be true but she may have made zip the six months ahead of that and the year after so their after taxes money isn't maybe all that much.

But that really isn't my point. We get to choose how hard to work or how much to stress money or what is enough to make us feel secure, for ourselves. And it is different for each of us, I'm guessing.

My mom was fond of saying that she didn't care what someone else was allowed to do or not do or was given or not given. She was only concerned with our family.

And everyone has different must haves.. friend in her low 40s.. no health insurance.. I can't afford it! But she bought a horse! Pays to feed and stable the horse.

I chose health insurance and it was a huge expense but when I was unexpectedly given a cancer diagnosis I was pretty happy I had that insurance, perhaps was over insured? I don't think so.

I think the only time I will complain about Kate wanting to keep earning money is if she hits me up for a loan..

==============

OH the wombats.. in fact where I found that picture was in a report of a wombat rather savagely attacking a man and the caption on this pic was Steve Irwin with a calmer wombat.

I guess they are highly endangered but they may be their own worst enemies!

OG, yeah, those two hit me hard as well.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think the only time I will complain about Kate wanting to keep earning money is if she hits me up for a loan

LOL me too!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have been all over the board financialwise...poor, with a hubby on unemployment every winter for many years; okay and able to keep the income and outgo pretty even steven; and now in these later years except for health, I don't have much to worry about.

At every stage of my life I've realized there are alway those much poorer and those much richer than I am. My heart breaks for those in great need (which is most of the world), but I don't begrudge the filthy rich their millions and billions.

Kate is in such a unique situation with 6 of everything coming due at the same time. She's a great 'grasshopper' trying to secure her children's future. More power to her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you see the caves they were in? (When they were in New Zealand). You can see that EXACTLY in south Dakota. It's not like all that stuff only happens in other countries.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to watch this episode. I've spent a bunch of time in NZ and it's fun to see these touristy spots again.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Which part of SD Naja? KEep meaning to take DD to Mt. Rushmore.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
they have the glow worms in SD? cool!!!

i don't have a fear of heights so I can't completely understand her fear, but it sure was obvious that she was terrified. it must be a powerful fear; i have seen teams on AR blow a chance for a million dollars over it.
bless that guy's heart who was working with her. i thought he handled the whole situation very well. i am glad she acknowledged how rude she was to him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect I'd be even more frozen than she was up there.. not sure I'd have made it around that platform and was sort of surprised that she did take the plunge. The girls did a great job. I loved what Cara said that she kept looking down and forgot to look around. I'm sure that happens to many people.

I love hearing the Kiwi accents.. reminds me of when my friends came over from NZ and we spent several days at Disneyland and Universal..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I loved that comment too Sea.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
New show tonight for those who like to watch.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sorry, that was last night, but I'm sure it will be repeated over and over.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved the kids' messy weekend. I liked the way Kate took the carnage in the video. She's not so uptight any more.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Is it just me but were Kate & her friend heavily hinting for 25 eligible bachelors? I personally would love to see Kate as a bachelorette. I really don't think she is capable of being anything other than herself - which is not a bad thing & makes for great TV lol. I would love to see who would sign up, unfortunately probably many Bentley types.

Her friend asked. what if the man of your dreams had 8 kids & Kate said, he sure wouldn't be the man of her dreams, but I think that truly is Kate's best match, a single father with several kids. I don't think a childless man could deal with the +8 in a life mate.