TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: America's Next Top Model - Cycle 16: Archive through May 06, 2011 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A thread for people to talk about America's Next Top Model.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer! I thought this week that they were really hard on Brittani. There have been plenty of catfights in the past, I wasn't sure what the distinction was that they were trying to make. And I can't remember Tyra being so harsh on any girl. She may have disagreed with the other judges on other girls, but I can't remember her every saying that straight out.

I admit that I am a Brittani fan. She grew up in Beech Creek, PA, which is a "suburb" of my home town, Lock Haven, PA. Beech Creek is a VERY VERY poverty stricken area with high unemployment and very cut off from the rest of the world (very rural). I was shocked to see someone from there on ANTM. Brittani is home now but plans to go to NYC after the show is over to start a modeling career.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Too many things on at the same time. They used to replay it on Friday's here and I'd watch it then. Now, it's in competition with Survivor.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Brittani is home now but plans to go to NYC after the show is over to start a modeling career.

spoiler spoiler SPOILER LOL so in other words, Britanni doesnt win the show???

oh well, i would have guessed that she would have more meltdowns on set and not make it but I do think she has one of the best looks left.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I like Brittani too. I think she'll win...or at least final 2. She let her emotions get the best of her and the whole pack mentality kicked in... You could see the smoke coming out of their ears when Alexandria won the car... JEALOUSY!! But they're young and can learn from their mistakes.

I'm also not seeing what makes Alexandria so bad but ALL the girls seem to think she is...

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I don't think thats necessary a spoiler.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
No, not a spoiler, I have no idea whether she wins or not. I doubt it if Tyra has such strong feelings about her.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else think that Hannah looks a lot like Analeigh from cycle 13?

I don't understand what makes Alexandria so bad either, but I wonder if her being singled out the first couple of times on the panel gave them something to focus on? Then every little thing that happened became nit-picked by the others, until it's just got ridiculous.

I was totally turned off by Brittany last week. She takes great pictures, but that pure jealousy and hatred coming from her left a bad taste in my mouth. And her crying on the panel was not regret IMO, it was a tantrum and frustration because no one could see what she obviously knows.

I've never see Tyra call someone out like that before. Maybe she sees more than what we are shown. Or maybe there isn't anything there to see and Alexandria is a pure demon and Tyra just did that to fuel the flame. It was just odd to see and I did feel a little bad for Brittany.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Brittani is home now but plans to go to NYC after the show is over to start a modeling career

I guess its possible she did win. I think the winner is signed with a NY agency :-)

Alisons

01-10-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
ITA that Hannah looks like Analeigh! I kept thinking "Where have I seen Hannah before?"

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I agree about Hannah looking like Analeigh, except I think she's a little prettier and looks a little less like a watered down Denise Richards.

I can't stand Alexandria. Not saying she deserves how the others treated her, but I really do dislike her know-it-all atitude. There's just something smug and self-satisfied about her.

I was extremely disappointed to see Jacklyn go. She was my favorite, I thought she was adorable and had a good sense of humor.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
For some reason It didnt record last night. Was Jacklyn the squeaky voiced girl from Texas with the gorgeous brown mane of hair? If so,I really liked her too.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Yes Lake, that was her. It sucked to see her go. I wish she would have stayed longer. And she just got first picture the week before. I really did like her. In fact she was the only one I really enjoyed.

I just watched it last night and I cannot remember how many are left now, lol. Is it 4 or 5? If it's 4, I'm missing someone.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
There are 5 left: Hannah, Alexandria, Molly, Brittani and Kasia.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't care for Alexandria either and haven't from the get go, ita wtih Nerovah's assessment. And I may be wrong but I think she may have been on Project Runway one season and was acted like a pita on that as well.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
glad to see the end of Jaclyn. She covered her face with hair and Used the same sexpot pout in all pics.

Once her hair was pulled back and pudgey faced Bone structure was obvious, she took a terrible pic. she had a good personality but a strange face...wider at the jaw then at the eye.

I have not liked her since that Ridiculous scene at the beginning episodes in which she is getting marguerite to help her learn runway and poses, then when Jaclyn realized no one else liked Marg, she Whispers" I'm afraid of her !!"

two faced hypocrite. I personally am tired of seeing the snarky Gang mentality against Marg. Jealousy is petty -- its a comp.

also, who doesnt know that Go Sees involve map reading?? every season they do it.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I imagine with Alexandria it is like on most of these shows. There is just so much more that goes on than no one sees because of the time factor.

She did come across at the beginning as being a little arrogant and bossy. I remember thinking at the time that she better tone it down or it was going to cause trouble.

But as so often happens, it just backfires on the ones that let it get to them. they let it become so important to them that they lose sight of why they are there. You just have to learn to walk away.

Do these girls not watch the show before they go on it.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I really do not think that Jaclyn was two faced. I think she was genuinely sweet. Several times we saw her show a caring attitude to the girls who were distressed about something. She even tried to comfort Alexandria once.

But I think she was just not very bright and had a weak personality. She was meek and I think she would be easily frightened or intimidated.

I bet in the real world, her personality is what we saw. Adorable and loving. And easily confused.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I think Alexandria looks like Lindsay Lohan and Keisha (?) looks like Kate Hudson

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Hometown girl is still in! Woo hoo!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
No posts sine 4/29, did everbody give up on this show? I am still staying faithful to it, don't know why cuz I am getting so I can't stand Tyra. I really used to like her but think everything she has has gone to her head. Now she seems like such a phony. Only three girls left. Alexandria got the boot last night. I am kinda hoping for a Brittany win. Just hope that Molly goes next. She is a crank and has quite the potty mouth. She takes good pictures but don't think she is that good on the runway.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it will be a Molly / Brittany final, with Brittany winning it all.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching....sort of. Still haven't seen last week's ep, or last night's.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I used to watch this show all the time. Being a photographer, I always found the photography aspect of the show entertaining. However, I found Tyra and the judging irritating, it hasn't been discussed much, there's a lot of stuff on TV these days and I've kind of lost track of it.

If there is no thread for the show when the next season starts, I'd love it if someone would jump in and create one. That might encourage more of us to start watching. :-)

Boberg

10-04-2002

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Jimmer since you are a photographer....do you think at times that Tyra is not picking the best photo for panel?

I am no expert but seems to me some of the shots I see while they are shooting are better than the ones Tyra picks for judging and panel.

Just curious what someone with a trained eye thinks.