TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Mob Wives

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Mob Wives users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 24, 2011Debra25 05-24-11  11:14 am
Archive through December 27, 2011Hukdonreality25 12-27-11  2:25 pm
Archive through January 17, 2012Fayc25 01-17-12  11:17 am
Archive through February 11, 2012Ginger121825 02-11-12  11:49 am
Archive through March 25, 2012Watching225 03-25-12  10:07 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
LOL, yep that pretty much sums it up :-)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
It was a wee bit more than that, Hukd. In addition to everything you described, which did indeed happen, it appears that "Junior" made a deal with the Feds, which is why Renee's father and other mafia members were arrested.

Was his whole 'fake' reunion with her just to get info for the Feds so he would get an easier sentence? As soon as they couldn't locate him in the jail (Renee was over the top even for her in her desperate search for him in jail) I was wondering if he was in witness protection and I've read he is. I know you can't believe everything you read, but who knows?

He said he committed armed robbery, but that is supposedly what her father was also arrested for. Will Junior be able to get off completely for doing this or will he still serve time?

Renee was such a perfect target for him; she acts oh so needy. She creates so much unnecessary drama, she finally has the real deal.

I feel awful for her son, as his mother is so not well mentally and his father didn't do him any favors with what he did. Who is looking out for him?

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
I had already read articles about Junior, however this episode didn't get into that part of events in this, just that he turned himself in and Rene was freaked out.

I did find it interesting that the lady on the phone wouldn't give Rene any information but gave the friend information that in fact he was there. Maybe it was after midnight when they made the second call?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Renee is too much. Junior turned himself into the feds, they weren't admitting him to ICU in the hospital.

I TOTALLY believe Junior was just using Renee to get closer to her father

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Oh Cricket, I know it was more than that! But it seriously was pretty much an "all about Renee" show!

What I found super interesting, is that Karen Gravano gave the look and said that something wasn't right about the whole thing. I think she is pretty savvy and while not putting her finger on it, she knew something fishy was up with Junior "turning himself in". She was incredibly calm while dealing with Renee, very rational. I sorta wanted her to slap Renee!

I'm betting that Junior knew it was the day that Renee's father was going to be arrested and he had to go somewhere for protection. I'll bet he wasn't really in prison, and never really committed any armed robbery (was a ruse to distract Renee), but was in the prison system as part of the witness protection thingy to make it appear he had nothing to do with it.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh Cricket, I know it was more than that! But it seriously was pretty much an "all about Renee" show!

Yes, Hukd, it was the Renee show and I almost missed the end because I fast forward past her 'routines' you described in your post. However, I saw the letter, so I went back and watched it...with sound actually, lol.

Remember how much Renee despised Karen the first season because her father was considered a 'rat' in Renee's world? Hmmm...what is she going to do now that she was married to such a person.

Here is one of the articles that somewhat explains it:

http://www.webpronews.com/renee-graziano-mob-wives-star-betrayed-by-husband-2012-03

I love some of the twitter comments about the fakeness of the show. This all happened in February and I hadn't heard about it until watching the show. I think if Junior wore a wire, he was in some kind of trouble.

However, when I first saw that he turned himself in, I thought he preferred going to prison over another day with unpredictable Renee, lol. I really did.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Anyone still watching?

MOB WIVES: CHICAGO STARTS MAY 28

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Yup, I am! I love that show!! I'm excited to watch the Chicago group

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
Just watched the first episode of the Chicago Mob Wives. Hard to say if I liked them or not yet. They already had a huge fist fight and I wasn't drawn to any one of them in particular... I plan on watching a couple more episodes before I really pass judgement.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Watched part of Mob Wives Reunion - they talked about junior - he was taping them with his watch - and they thought he was going in to witness protection but because he "lied" he wont qualify...

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The Chicago women are just as opinionated as the Long Island crew.Interesting how they don't want to admit that relatives were criminals or that they were in prison. Instead children ( as in NY) are told they are away at "college". Aye yi yi.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Dang, missed the Chicago Mob Wives! I'll have to go do a search and get it into my DVR menu.

Before I even see it though, I'm just going to doubt it will be as good as the NJ crew. Something about their accent makes them very real, lol

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Oh, I see that should have been May 27. I will post a link when I find one.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I watched the 1st episode of Chicago Mob Wives. First impressions: 1) these are some hard looking women. 2) Holy Camoly! A major hair pulling, fist throwing, knock down, drag out fight on the first episode! 3) these women make the NJ group look rather meek and mild in comparison. 4) Why am I watching this? 5) When can I watch the next episode?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Atta girl, Pam! I loves me a good catfight!

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Wonder why I can't find Chicago Mob Wives in my recordings?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
It doesn't show up on my guide either, Cindylou (Direct TV). The VH1 website says the next show is Sunday June 10th. My guide lists "to be announced", so I'm thinking it just isn't listed yet. I'll probably check and see if I can watch the first episode online.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I started a thread and put a link to the first show.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rslover!

Jambee

05-24-2010

Thursday, November 28, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jambee a private message Print Post    
New season starts next Thursday-Dec.5 at 10:00 on VH1

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, December 02, 2013 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
YAY!!!!

Thanks Jambee!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Holy Cow! Do not miss the Mob Wives Reunion. It played this week. Renee gets what's coming to her. FINALLY!

She doesn't get out clean re her tweeting and then Drita takes her on...so awesome I can't believe it. I cannot stand that Renee will never take responsibility for her actions. Always an excuse, but this time, she's pretty much on her own after all her gossiping and kind of going after Alicia.

I'm loving Drita, Angie and Alicia this season.

This reunion is Must See TV!

The show was on Thursday, but will be on again @ 3:00 AM EST Sun, 3/2 and 12:00 AM EST Monday, as well as 12:00 Noon on Monday.

It's on several times more after that, so don't miss it. This Reunion is only one episode.

Jambee

05-24-2010

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jambee a private message Print Post    
New episodes started this week. Wednesday nights on VH 1.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Poor Big Ang has died of cancer in a NY hospital.
She seemed sweet.I hope her finances were in order so her hubby gets zipo,nada.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally confirmed, there was a huge twitter war about her death last night. EntertainmentTonight ‏@etnow · 7h7 hours ago

BREAKING: @BiggAngVH1's Twitter confirms #MobWives star died early this morning. She was 55. http://et.tv/1PHMZ7Q

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Marameko, I read she left her husband when the cancer came back. Said she'd rather be alone being so sick.

I was so confused because two days ago it said she had passed and then said "no...these are rumors" so didn't realize she was as ill as she was. I don't watch Mob Wives all the time, but did catch the episode where Ang's doctor told her the cancer had come back. Even given 'tv taping time' this was quick.

Very sad...she was still young and had children and grandchildren who will miss her very much.

Mob Wives has been cancelled, so this is the last season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 29, 2016 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never ever watched this show, but did watch at least some of one of the celebrity couples therapy show that included Big Ang so got to know her a bit.

She had to be quite far advanced for the cancer to be in her lungs, brain and throat :-( so it was sad news as soon as we heard about it.

Some sources claimed that her husband WAS there at the end, but.. who knows.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I watched the show the season before this one and Ang was having problems with her husband. They never seemed to match. I couldn't get a feel on him as to what kind of guy he was.

Although she stated she'd rather fight her illness alone, when things happened so quickly I'm thinking he came back. Obviously, she didn't have to worry about trying to get along with him, as she was too ill.

So odd watching reality shows where the taping is so far behind what's happening in real life. I doubt anyone thought she'd go so quickly.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My, my, my, how interesting, LOL... NBC New York @NBCNewYork ·
2h
Former reality TV star, Drita D'Avanzo, of "Mob Wives" fame, along with her her reputed mobster husband were busted in a drug raid Thursday night at their Staten Island home, the NYPD confirms to News 4

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: