TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Work World: Undercover Boss: Archive through October 05, 2010 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Again, sorry if I am starting a thread where one already exists...I couldn't find it on the page.

Did anyone watch last night? I thought this wasn't a very good episode and I didn't really care for the guy in charge, nor did I feel that he would be able to effect any significant change in the way the properties were run, seeing as apparently they don't own any of their own hotels but instead just "brand" them. I did think he did good things for the people involved personally though.

Mostly I thought he came across as rather spoiled and self-important. And sweaty.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I gave up on season 1 half-way through as there seemed to be a rut developing ... single parent, health issues, training opportunities, etc. I did record and begin to watch the premiere for season 2 but stopped and deleted the rest about half-way through. Was hoping they had tinkered with the show a bit but no such luck. The only interesting angle seemed to be placing bets on whether or not the guy would have a heart attack before the hour was up. If nothing else I hope he had an epiphany about what poor shape he is in, especially with a young child at home.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I liked him. I didn't get the feeling that he was spoiled or self important...definitely sweaty though! LOL
I did wonder how any of his changes would be handled since they don't own them, but not sure how their franchisee licensing works.
I do like the things he did for the employees. And LOL at the 'bad' manager's face when he was brought in.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The GM's face was priceless when he went to sit down......LOL

I liked him and the story of his kind-saintly mother.

Franchising comes in all shapes and sizes...so who knows.

If he was less sweaty he might have a wider appeal.

All in all I like these shows and interesting to see some of these CEO's.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I can't help but look at this show as a propaganda for corporations with all the bad press CEOs at major corps have been getting. I wonder if this show will still be on with bad ratings as all the people promoted on this show advertise on it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder if he stays at his own motels and hotels when he and his family go on vacation...LOL! (I do, it's my budget point.)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I can't help but look at this show as a propaganda for corporations with all the bad press CEOs at major corps have been getting.

I agree. So they help a handful of carefully chosen people. One of the episodes there was a really hard working woman at a race track. The CEO was majorly impressed, but not ashamed that he was paying workers like her $8/hr.

This episode he got the guy a golf cart. Big whoop. What about paying him a living wage? I wonder just how much those scholarships give, and they're probably useful for a tax write-off.

What I do enjoy is watching these guys flounder and mess up.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was shocked that he did such a poor job of describing the accommodations when he was the sales trainee. It would seem to me that to become a CEO of a company that you would have to be able to effectively sell yourself & your product just to get the job of CEO.

Madelane

08-20-2001

Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Madelane a private message Print Post    
I was burned by the football delay and missed the end - did he specifically deal with the place that was charging for coffee? Thanks!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure...he questioned his executives about the policy but I thought the outcome on that was regular vague.

I liked the CEO last night a lot better...she was highly driven but seemed like a much more likeable person. I loved her sense of humor about cleaning the poo and her teasing the young man about it.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Finally last night we got a CEO who saw the whole picture and is doing something for all the employees. A change in the pay scale would be nice, too.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Loved last night's show. Nice to see a female CEO okay with showing her emotions and not feeling like she has to be 'one of the boys'.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I want to know how they pick the employees that are going to featured on this show. The lady that gets to leave everyday at 3:00 so she can go to her kids' games...good for her, but I'm sure there are a lot of other employees that would love that too. Just like the other new moms that work for the company that don't get 6 months off to spend with their family like the waitress. The other young adults working until they can pay for their "dream"....and that guys gets flight school paid for. I'm sure there are others that work just as hard or harder and if I was one of them I would feel a little upset today. Heck, I don't even work there and it bugs me. :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
So no one should be picked for the show?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
also, it wasn't like the lady was leaving her shift early; she was working 7-3.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
and she was working double shifts....

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I don't think that should be the focus of the show. I think it should be about a CEO going undercover to discover ways to improve their company. I don't see any reason why 4 employees should be singled out and rewarded when the person doing the exact same job right next to them may be just as deserving.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
and that guy that bought the lottery ticket and won the $300 million lottery. SO NOT FAIR! i bought a lottery ticket too!

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
It's funny, while I thoroughly enjoyed the show, I couldn't help but think that other employees might feel miffed.

I also couldn't help but keep thinking how cute that lifeguard/pilot was..hee heee

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
How would the boss go undercover then if s/he wasn't working with/next to someone?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is jealousy, but it's very possible those employees were picked because of the great job they do. I have been picked out to work with corporate bigshots(not on national tv! LOL) in jobs because I was the best at what they were coming to see.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It happens all the time in the workplace where people get picked for special projects, pet projects, visibility. Granted, it's not on TV, but it's the same concept.

I have to wonder how many "stories" they actually film and if other's are getting things that we are not being shown.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The employees sitting in the board room of the company with the woman CEO seemed more relaxed than those at the other companies.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
My point is being misconstrued. I didn't say anything about them not being great employees. I didn't say the CEO shouldn't work with anyone. I think the CEO should go undercover, learn how their company actually operates, meet some great employees along the way and report back to the board and make changes. I don't think the over the top rewards for a select few with a good story for t.v. that will grab some ratings, should be part of the show. Period. For anyone. Good or bad. New mom or old. Bum knee or not. My opinion. :-)

And Landi, everyone knows not to buy lottery tickets...nobody ever wins those things!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I would love to see the stuff they edit out of this show--probably make a whole new show on its own. Also I wonder how they film the show without anyone seeing a camera? Are the cameras hidden? Is there a camera crew hiding behind potted palms, trying to look unobtrusive?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
And with a show like that Jewels...they would lose viewer interest.