TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Archive through October 26, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Here is the article ...

https://www.etonline.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-lifes-whitney-way-thore-mourns-death-of-mom-barbara-195705

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 08, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's so sad, Babs was a favorite.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 08, 2022 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really liked Babs! Sad for Glen, Whit and Hunter and all of her friends also were quite fond of Babs.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
😢 😢

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 06, 2023 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, the new season started with Babs' funeral and while I've not been a huge fan of Whitney, there was a lot of love and you could see the love from her friends as well. I certainly shed some tears, as I really did appreciate Babs and her sense of humor. Glenn and Whit and her brother all spoke and did her proud.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2023 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It certainly was a difficult episode for me. Buckets of tears.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2023 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, Sea, while I felt for all of them, I wished Whitney wasn't so bossy with her dad. Let him grieve. Yes, get him out, but goodness.

And going thru the house he shared with Babs without his permission? I felt that was so disrespectful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2023 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was quite moved by the viewing and funeral. Babs was such an important part of the show I am glad they allowed it to be filmed.

I was mostly more interested in the things Babs, Dad and the others did rather than Whitney. She has become too self-centered for me.

Looks like she is going to be quite jealous of the new family member, which I find very interesting since Dad seems to have known about her and yet ignored her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2023 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it seems like Whitney was struggling with Angie's daughter (Angie was the previous unacknowledged child of Glenn).

I was just really put off by the idea of Whitney cleaning up her dad and mom's house, without getting his input. Why would she be the one deciding what was an heirloom or important memory item? Glenn even said he would like to see Bab's clothes in the closet.

These things just shouldn't happen until the spouse is ready for them to happen. And then they should have a role.

And the notebook? Really? LOL, I Could never live with Whitney!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2023 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I totally agree that the house should not have been cleaned out by her, she always thinks she knows best. I have always thought she needed to butt out of her parents life.

LMAO, the person who owns the cat cleans up the kitty throw-up, it is not the responsibility of the other houseguests.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mame, I was thinking of you while watching.

Karuuna, totally agree about Whit being too bossy about taking charge of their home. Like what would be the harm in a whole closet of her mom's clothing if Glenn liked that idea? But she's always been bossy.

Oddly, when my mom died, my dad was left in their home and he called me down and wanted to pack up her clothing and I honestly couldn't.. just too soon. He wanted me to take things that wouldn't fit, but I took her most recent jacket (which I still have almost 30 years later), but we agreed to come back to the clothing later. He died not too long after that, so that never happened.

One small thing though. I could see where Whit got some of her controling and organizing, when Glenn rejected the paper towels in no uncertain terms.. and smiled because I also buy the paper towels where you can use a half sized portion.. But the way he said "WE" meaning Glenn and Babs, would only use those.

Such a small thing and I was glad that Whit took a breath and said ok. Small battle.

So, maybe disrespectful, probably, because she was always wanting to change things, but I think possibly Glenn actually let her go ahead.

Well the new family member would just naturally be the cause of many feelings.. I guess we will find out more in time. But factors such as how long did he know about daughter/grand daughter, did he ever pay child support?

And that complicates everything when it comes to Glenn's eventual estate.

And inviting this girl on a trip.. sure to cause conflict, but then it seems like Glenn foots the bill for lots of their trips (or Glenn and TLC. and TLC would want the most complication possible), so he gets to choose.

The notebook is kind of an homage to Glenn, as he has been famous in the family with Glenn making detailed notebooks for them and for trips. Some of the stuff was stupid, like about who cleaned up after a cat barfed. I mean, those are her cats.

(Oops, Dipo already said that.. and I agree)

Yes, he should have had choices about what he wanted to keep, absolutely. I gather that he didn't want to move back there after Babs passed so he ended up with Whitney. And maybe he pushed back on making decisions, but then they could have waited.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Love your post Sea, and agree 💯%. 'We' also use the 1/2 size paper towels (Bounty). And I occasionally do slip and reflexively say 'we', too, out of habit, which saddens me as it's another reminder of my lonely new normal.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I had forgotten about the paper towels! So true, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. :-)

I use the half size too.

((Mame)) You had such a lifetime of love, I'm sure it's quite the adjustment for you. We're here for you!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar & Sea. Guess what? Vinnie sent me a 'sign' this morning!!! I posted about it in my folder. 😀

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw that!

It is funny about signs sent.. There was a little boy named Vinnie DiGeralamo who was born with a cleft palate and also had cancer very very young and lived with that his whole short life. He was in and out of hospital and loved his nursews and they loved him too. Vinnie was a prankster and was always pranking the nurses and family members and such.

He also had a girlfriend his own age named Lola and they were just little soulmates.

I followed them on Caringbridge, as did many others.

Also his dad was a big fan of the doo wop group Sha Na Na and especially Bowser. Well Vinnie loved Bowser, too and they both knew some of Bowser's signature moves. Bowser heard about this and was on tour in the same state and took time to rent a car and drive to see them and they really bonded.

They had bought a beach cottage in South Carolina where they went for respite at times, rented out part of the year to fund their helping of other families who had kids with cancer and several times a year they sent those families to the cottage for free.

So when he want on hospice he really did get what was happening and they talked about sending signs and he said it would be seagulls pooping on things. Always the prankster, he would laugh and laugh.

So after he passed his service was online and was hugely attended in person and online. Bowser came and entertained.

And almost right away, people started getting bird poop on cars, even on some people, so many reports. The family went to the beach cottage and the seagulls of course were there but one seagull just sat on the balcony edge for hours.

It was amazing all the signs .. he had also mentioned butterflies too.

So, Mame, your Vinnie chose a much neater way to send you a sign :-). but it is lovely to get signs.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I kind of imagine Babs sending signs via the cats.

I did love Tal and her other friend singing at both services and that Tal and Buddy and others were some of the pallbearers

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol about the other Vinnie and seagull doodoo. Truly a prankster. Very cool about Bowser too.

Loved her friends singing. Tal is my favourite of the lot. I'd befriend him for sure. He's sensible and kind.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Agree about Tal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, not really enjoying the show that much. I don't think Whitney is looking too good in her "competition" with the new family.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
To be honest, I thought the melding of the families was heartwarming.

Agree that Whitney is not coming off well with this competition thing, but I kind of think they are 'camping it up' for the cameras. Niece doesn't seem bothered at all, and that's what matters.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The very competitive nature has been Whit's as long as we have "known" her. She competes with each of her friends, her brother, that other dance group and now her newly found family member.

I hope Glenn gets to have some time with his first daughter and maybe her family, on his own and maybe without cameras.

But indeed, the niece seems to handle it ok, and perhaps be a bit competitive herself, so there is that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well, that was an interesting birthday party, LOL. I didn't get to see the whole show so will look for a rerun.

But I can't imagine getting in the swimming pool when it was so cold looking outside.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, would be different if it was a heated pool.

Wonder why Tal and the blue-haired friend weren't there,

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I missed those two as well Kar. I really like Tal.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do too!