TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars -- Season 32: Archive through October 14, 2023 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Everything's a go for tomorrow night with the tentative agreement- and Matt will be dancing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm ready. I'm raring to go! I can't wait!

Wondering if Jamie Lynn will quit at some point? She quit Special Forces 2 days in...because she missed her kids if she was was away from them more than an hour.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
While this is definitely hard, I suspect they get more contact with family and it isn't like special forces. And it would behoove her to stick it out.. But you never know...

This is my first DWTS in awhile, and the last seasons I could watch involved a lot of fast forwarding. So, I am ready, though my DVR schedule is quite full...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I made a schedule of all the shows I want to watch, streaming and network. I was overwhelmed. There are multiple
shows on at every hour on most days. Not to mention interviews and podcasts I'll want to keep up with.

Complicating the schedule is that Fox no longer has an app. It was one of the few, where you could "start from the beginning" and/or watch immediately after the show ended. I'm wondering how long it will be before all the individual network apps will disappear.

Sea I have heard others complain they felt like they were abandoning their families during DWTS. So I think if Jamie isn't bitten by the dance bug...she will use it as an excuse. Or maybe since she has already used that, she will use a physical reason. Maybe she will surprise us

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Sometimes doing what you think is right can cost you- I don’t think Matt was going to last long anyway, but not practicing for about a week certainly didn’t help…

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen DWTS during the years it was on Disney. Was anxious / excited to see it again. IDK if I'll continue to watch. Alfonso and Julianne aren't bad, but they're no Tom and Erin. (Always looked forward to Erin's dress each week.) I miss them. Big production thing in the beginning was a turn-off. Production during the dances was too much. I miss the simpler ballroom as it used to be. Don't know that I'll continue to watch.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I so enjoyed no Tyra and her silly outfits or her silly comments! Julianne Hough was a breath of fresh air! I thought she looked very classy.

I watched it on Disney+ because on Spectrum it wasn't very crisp. On Disney it looked like the 4K it is supposed to be. And better commercials lol

Am I crazy, or hadn't they changed over to the judges voting who stays between the last two? I liked that much better. I really don't think anyone should go home first week.

I knew Lindsey's sister Rylee would stay. I was actually hoping for Tyson to go home. He has always annoyed me. Maurizio is right behind him though.

Someone I know had tickets and was keeping us informed of all the behind the scenes and who was there etc plus videos of everyone. So the premiere was even more exciting for me

Bruno looked amazing! I miss Whitney and Lindsey...Maksim. But I'll see him on Traitors. I an so happy the show was able to go on. Ariana did a good job! Can you tell I love this show!? Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Was Tyson the one who kept pushing into camera range and mugging for attention? That was super annoying, but at some point he was not in the picture.. Thought he was dragged off.

I thought they over scored the football player and underscored someone, Mira Sorvino??

I had forgotten how irritating it is to watch on the west coast and hear constant mentions of voting, while it had labels saying pre -recorded. Voting is over.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, interesting that they took away the judges ability to save a pair. Now it's up to the "votes". Maybe they did this to keep the show moving along.

I enjoyed it. I FF a lot through the judges and comments. It's fun to see the dancers abilities evolve.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Tyson was the one mugging for the cameras. He has been on many shows. He has been a guest model, mentor, judge or co-host on Top Model, Legendary (dance comp show), Make Me a Supermodel, The Choice, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and more. He has quite the ego. I just don't care for him. His constant need of attention is not attractive, for me anyway.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
It did not have the sparkle of the early seasons. Len was not afraid to say negative comment.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
It's not the same without Tom and Lenny, but I'll watch it anyway. I'm rooting for Jason because I like his songs. Is it just me, or is the camera work not as good as in earlier seasons?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The original (very famous award winning) stedicam guy who did the first 21 seasons retired. The guy that he trained personally along with another cameraman quit (as did many) during Tyra's seasons.

Covid affected the crew they had since they were using many fixed cameras and the ones that zoom by on tracks. Many were let go. They also lost the guy that did the video home packages

The change from ABC to Disney affected their wages. Much of the camera crew are new. So yeah, things have been happening behind the scenes. But I love the show no matter what. Hell, the fact that I never fast forward...even watched when Tyra was on, never missed a show...Im a FAN LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, I have been lucky to miss Tyson until now, but wow, was that unprofessional.

I didn't fast forward, so far.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Artem has COVID and is out for tonight- Charity will be dancing with one of the troupe members (Ezra Sousa)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pretty empty in here. Just saying I wasn't unhappy with the result tonight..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The scoring was insane last night. Mauricio clearly deserved 7s across the board. It's no wonder that he and Emma were confused by the scores after the rave reviews he got for his dance. Emma was so pissed she went on IG Live and ranted about the judges' scoring.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The camera work is dizzying and terrible. So many shots not showing their legs and feet (they are dancing! We want to see the footwork). And then so many shots of the camera moving circular around the dancers. This is not necessary. They dancers are moving, the camera doesn't need to. I never noticed it was this bad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was confusing, as were many of the scores. And fan voting..

But no problem with who went home, this week.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have no problem with who went home this week either, but the scoring was still whack.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My pet peeve...not showing them dancing, from head to toe. If the public is voting then they need to see what the judges are seeing. I remember another season they were doing the Jive and most of the performance they were not showing them from the waist down. Kicks and flicks are 90% of the Jive and they didn't show it lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else think Julianne Hough's stylist really screwed her over? Her hair was awful! She looked like she was wearing a combover!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't watch DWTS any more. I miss Tom and Erin. Week to week looked forward to Erin's dress. She "messed up" only once, maybe twice. Can do without Julianne.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, it's funny that you posted this. We had this discussion on my FB page about Julianne's hair. It's like her stylist hated her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I fast forward through that whole segment, so I didn't even notice her hair!