TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): Archive through September 21, 2023 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is a talent to being a host of a game show. You have to have personality but not make it about yourself. Ryan is good at that. Whoopi thinks it would be "fun" but it actually IS work.

I could be wrong, but I would also think if they were smart, they would have had plans in place well before Pat Sajak made his announcement. But, who knows?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There is a talent to being a host of a game show. You have to have personality but not make it about yourself.

That is so true. I was trying to think of how to phrase it and this captures it perfectly.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 2:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the series "The Game Show Show"? it was just a few episodes last month but really good seeing the history of game shows - and they didnt just do the normal game shows but also got into things like survivor, amazing race etc too. Yes i always like any history documentary but this was really good talking about the evolution of hosts on different shows.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We watched it, and found it very interesting!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was an interest series. It's funny how big a of a part the Gong Show played in everything.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
There is a new reality competition show, The GOAT. They haven't released the release date yet...but they have already wrapped filming. It's on Amazon's Freevee

It stars:
Tayshia Adams, Joe Amabile, Kristen Doute, Reza Farahan, CJ Franco, Wendell Holland, Teck Holmes, Justin Johnson/Alyssa Edwards, Paola Mayfield, Da'Vonne Rogers, Joey Sasso, Jason Smith, Lauren Speed-Hamilton, and Jill Zarin

So a little bit of everyone. "The contestants of the upcoming series will reside together in the GOAT mansion in Atlanta as they compete in a series of social, mental, and physical challenges to become the recipient of the title "Greatest Reality Star of All Time"

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ryan Seacrest will be the new host of Wheel of Fortune. I suspect they had this in the works for quite awhile. It’s a good gig. You shoot for 8-10 weeks a year, you are done for the year and cash the check. Easy to have a life rather than at Kelly and Ryan. Seacrest is good on whatever he does.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
But in Ryan's case...it's good for him to be able to do the other million things he does. Lol He is definitely a workaholic

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was just reading about the upcoming DWTS. Since it's going to be simulcast on ABC and Disney live...I'm wondering if there will be the option on Disney to join in while show is in progress and restart as to FF thru commercials? That would be nice!

So many Pros had babies! Peta and Maks, Val and Jenna, Daniella and Pasha, Lindsey, Whitney, Sharna...and they are all raring to come back.

They did confirm they will go back to a 3 judge panel. Same 3 thankfully. Derek will assume the role of Len as head judge. Then of course, Juliana and Alfonso as hosts. Can't wait

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't know that Peta is quite ready to return as their baby is pretty new, but she was in remarkable shape leading up to the birth so I am sure she will be back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Stars on Mars is still going. They brought in 4 new people and just for me the comedian could go home on the next shuttle, the athlete has way too much attitude, the chef will be interesting and oh and Ashley Iaconetti is someone I didn't care for on her Bachelor days, never watched Bachelor in Paradise and had no desire to see again.. Lance Armstrong has moved lower on any list of wanting to see anywhere during this show, so I wouldn't mind seeing him be deemed non essential. Some have grown for me but I couldn't tell you their names.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea I follow Maks and Peta. She is in tremendous physical shape. She was doing the Jitter Bug the day before delivery! She did say if they invited her on this season she would go. So I hope they do

I started laughing when I saw Ashley...I said please no crying!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I follow them, too.. That baby was danced a lot in utero.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol thats true!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you re: Ashley Iaconetti. I never liked her. I think Jared just gave in to the pressure and married her to stop her constant crying. She's so annoying. They were upset when their appearance on Bachelor in Paradise went over like a lead balloon. They hogged too much airtime when viewers wanted to see what was happening with the other couples.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well she's gone from this show. She didn't do anything wrong but no loss IMO. I am not sure I want to keep watching. Lance is just toxic and getting worse. The two male athletes, one has been there all along and the other walked in with an immediate chip on his shoulder. Those two are annoying to me.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
This mission didn't really give people options to shine or slack. Only if someone quit, would it have been clear cut. Ashley, through no fault of her own, had the simplest hole to plug. She bothered me way less than I thought she usually does lol But they really didn't have much choice. Looks like everyone will be at each other's throats in a few weeks

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ashley is still grasping at the fame bug.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Phil Keoghan is on Secret Celebrity Renovation Tonight on CBS

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

Just saw this new show, Survivor with fighting instead of tribal? uh, okay.

On CW on Thursday nights, first epi was last night.

Hosted by “American Ninja Warrior” alum Akbar Gbajabiamila, the social experiment pits 17 competitors— including former “Survivor,” “Alone,” “Naked and Afraid” and “American Ninja Warrior” contestants —against each other in an attempt to survive 25 days on a remote tropical island while facing brutal conditions to win $250,000. In one of the most intense survival of the fittest competitions ever televised, the competitors battle one another for essential tools and resources in the fight to survive. The first season cast includes Yuda Abitbol, Nathaniel Allenby, Amal Alyassiri,(“Naked and Afraid” Season 9), Dani Beau (“Naked and Afraid” Seasons 4 and 14, “Naked and Afraid XL” Season 1), Missy Byrd (“Survivor” Season 39), Robby Canton, Matthew Clarke, Sarah Danser (“Naked and Afraid” Season 8, “Naked and Afraid: Lost at Sea,” “Naked and Afraid XL” Season 4, “Naked and Ghosted” Season 11), Afften DeShazer (“Naked and Afraid” Season 4), Stephanie Gonzalez (“Survivor” Season 36), Keali’i “K” Ka’apana (“Called to the Wild”), Zane Kraetsch (“Alone: The Beast”), Christina McQueen, (“Naked and Afraid” Season 4, “Naked and Afraid XL” Season 5), Jonathan Monroe (“Naked and Afraid” Season 7), Makani Nalu (“Stranded With a Million Dollars,” “Naked and Afraid” Season 10, “Naked and Afraid XL” Season 6), J Ruiz(“American Ninja Warrior” Seasons 6, 7 and 8; “Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Challenge”), and Libby Vincek (“Survivor” Season 36).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched episode 1 last night On Demand - even tho I didn't recognize too many of the contestants, I liked it. Could have better production, but it's an interesting concept, that you can challenge anyone for the resource they have, go into the arena, and then take control of that resource.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I sat down to look at the schedule of returning shows new seasons and also new premieres. Mostly reality, but a few others that are not...I was flabbergasted to see that there are over a dozen shows starting JUST within the next two weeks!!!

The combination of Big Brother being 100 days long, trying to watch the feeds/shows and the feeds/show/podcasts recaps plus the ending of the Fox App is going to make this very crazy for me. I used to be able to, at least, watch Fox shows and restart from beginning or watch same night.

This is going to be quite crazy lol!

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Participants for the new Traitors show. Happy to see Janelle:

Carsten “Bergie” Bergersen (Love Island USA)
Chris 'C.T.' Tamburello (The Challenge)
Dan Gheesling (Big Brother)
Deontay Wilder (Boxer)
Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu (Love Island UK)
Janelle Pierzina (Big Brother)
Johnny “Bananas” Devenanzio (The Challenge)
John Bercow (UK Parliament)
Kevin Kreider (Bling Empire)
Larsa Pippen (The Real Housewives of Miami)
Marcus Jordan (Basketball Player)
Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Dancing with the Stars)
Mercedes “MJ” Javid (Shahs of Sunset)
Parvati Shallow (Survivor)
Peppermint (RuPaul’s Drag Race)
Peter Weber (The Bachelor)
Phaedra Parks (The Real Housewives of Atlanta)
Sandra Diaz-Twine (Survivor)
Shereé Whitfield (The Real Housewives of Atlanta)
Tamra Judge (The Real Housewives of Orange Country)
Trishelle Cannatella (Real World: Las Vegas)

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
pic of some of Traitors cast:
edited to resize

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
traitors