TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars -- Season 32: Archive through September 22, 2023 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Starting with Season 32 this fall DWTS is going to air on ABC again (simulcast on Disney+). I can watch again.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Additional info: Link

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Is there a list of the stars with their dance pro partners like there were in the past?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So far the only person confirmed is Ariana Madix. The rest will be announced on Good Morning America on Wednesday, September 13.

I'm sure we will get rumors or hints about the others, along the way. The most important to me is more who is NOT going to be there than who will. Namely Tyra lol Bye Bye!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw the first commercial for their return to ABC. How refreshing not to see Tyra! YAY!

Julianne and Alfonso are awesome!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Mauricio Umansky is going to be on it too

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And Charity, the bachelorette.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I quit watching this when they fired Tom and Erin and cast Tyra. And then they moved it to Disney+ which I refused to pay for. I'm excited that it's back on ABC and is "Tyra-free."

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Can't wait! 😀 When is the premiere?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And Jamie Lynn Spears

Premiers September 26 and will be followed by an episode of Celebrity Family Feud with DWTS cast

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Since! :-)

Cathyc

05-20-2011

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathyc a private message Print Post    
Saw this on my taping of Good Morning America

Alysson Hannigan & Sasha
Mira Sorvino & Gleb
Matt Walsh & Koko
Barry Williams & Peta
Jason Mraz & Daniella
Tyson Beckford & Jenna
Jamie Lynn Spears & Alan
Adrian Peterson & Britt
Xochitl Gomez & Val
Lele Pons & Brandon
Harry Jowsey & Rylee
Ariana Madix & Pasha
Charity Lawson & Artem
Mauricio Umansky & Emma}

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can’t believe that Barry Williams hasn’t already been on this show. I like Alyson Hannigan. Hope she does well. To be honest, I only know 8 of the contestants. Will have to google the rest.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The ones I know are Alysson, Mira, Matt, Barry, Jason, and Jamie Lynn. I've never even heard if the rest.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I know Ariana, Mauricio and Mira. I've heard of Jamie Lynn but have no idea what she looks like. I've never heard of the rest

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am devastated. It looks like DWTS might be shut down. Apparently they employ one WGA writer...and replacing him would be considered employing a scab writer. They are supposed to start taping on Tuesday, but they are already picketing the show. Also, even though the actors that are appearing on the show would not be violating the strike, they are being targeted. The picketers have their photos on their signs saying they are not supporting the strike by appearing on the show. So everyone on the show is feeling very uncomfortable.

If this is the new precedent...then any reality show that employs sag-afra celebs might also be targeted. Many among the of the casts of reality shows are members.

It is very uncomfortable for those that are having to drive through the picketers at the studio, said my friend that works on the show. I am so sad, this is one of my favorite shows.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know four stars, none well at all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am torn. I agree with paying better, better residuals, not replacing writers and actors with AI. But some demands end up with fewer people working and unions have negotiated that way in the pasr. My Dad was contract administrator in Detroit for Ford in the fifties and I heard the other side..

And affected non union people are badly affected. If a show is exempt it adds to the pain. I get news on Los Angeles stations so they definitely cover this.

The non union people get unemployment for a time, but the funds set up for union members are not available to them.

And I am sure the pro dancers are needing the income, especially the younger ones.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, my friend said other than the one writer, the show employs like 600 people. That's not including the surrounding businesses that also profer from the extra business. Now that they are applying pressure to the ones that are not violating Sag-Afra and WGA policies but are members...it's tough.

We can only hope they come to some agreement before Tuesday. Everyone on the show has been working so hard. Months of preparation, just to get to the first live show and have this turn of events

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have an idea... how about the ONE writer out of 600 employees take some time off so he doesn't affect the livelihood of the other 600 people?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The problem is that any person(s) that replaces the writer is automatically the "scab(s)". In other words, theoretically, even if you write your own words...you are taking a job away from a writer that would have that job

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought there was a teaser on the news that tomorrow will be a second day of negotiations with progress made.

And another teaser that DWTS might start a week late.. But I never heard more about that.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Luckily SAG-AFTRA is in full support of the show. They are telling their members they are in full compliance. So the pressure is taken off of them. They would be in breach of their contracts if they did not show up for work.

On the last writers strike they didn't use a writer during the strike. There is no reason they should not do the same. WGA is applying unfair pressure to the show and the performers. I have hope that all will be worked out in the next days...one way or the other. Some of the cast are rehearsing in other locations for now. But crossing fingers, they are optimistic the show will go on

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
They are definitely advertising it like the show will go on.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I will watch for Matt Walsh, Mira Sorvino and Alyson Hannigan. I know 5 of the others but those are the three I would like to see acting again and maybe this will give them a boost. I admit it will be hard not to picture Matt Walsh as his Veep character, lol, but I saw an indie that he made in France and it was a really sweet movie.