TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 08, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Archive through December 08, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2022 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
More important, Babs, Glenn and Hunter ALL had COVID. Babs, who has already had strokes and other issues, has a large stroke. Hunter comes home to find her basically unresponsive. (just wasn't impressed by how this bunch handled COVID last season.. first it was a big deal (and it should have been with Babs post stroke and Whit considered at risk and Glenn, just due to age)

He calls 911.

Glenn calls Whitney, who has her reactions filmed.

Then they are all tested after Babs is positive. So Glenn and Hunter cannot visit, but Whitney can. Glenn is worried about Whit catching COVID while she visits but Whit says they said she would be using complete PPE (no scenes inside the hospital, so we don't see what level of PPE, and of course letting a camera crew in would not be right).

Things got really scary: intubation and then she developed a UTI, which isn't good. Very scary. Talk of a rehab, then saying she isn't benefitting from rehab, maybe go to skilled nursing, talk of paliative care (which is not hospice but still not good news), then per Whit they hear maybe just remove the tubes and let her die. We don't actually hear what the doctors are saying. (see previews if you want to know more about Babs)

Then back to she still thinks the Frenchman is the man, but Lenny is living with her and helping with her business (the person running the app quit), painting stuff, etc. Lenny sees no problem with pursuing Whit despite her stated allegiance to the "French man". Whitney says there is no romance. She might hire Lenny to replace the app person.

Her friends brought food while Babs was in the hospital. I am blanking on names.. the friend that used to be billed as "Buddy's ex" (I didn't notice if they still have that tag on screen) has pink hair now. And her other friend is pregnant again, so they are looking forward to that.

And all the friends (Buddy was not there in the first episode) expressed how much they love Babs and worry about her. She is like a mom for all of them.

The poodle is still there, just appeared a couple of times. He is not a puppy now.

More to come next Tuesday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much Seamonkey. My friend called and so I had to mute the show and wasn't really sure what was happening. Tried to stay awake to watch it at 2am but didn't make it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they might repeat it before the next show or maybe do some previouslies. I had to go search as I couldn't just be left hanging in suspense about something so important as Babs.

I will say that while it seemed liks Whit was the only one talking to doctors, I'm sure Glenn was in the loop. At one point where Whit was freaking out (as would anyone), Glenn said he would call some member of their team to intervene.

Also to finish my thought that after they were very good about protocols in last seasons then they seemed to just drop it all. Glenn was still working (but not sure if that was still the case when this season was filmed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally caught the beginning of the show.

And Seamonkey, I agree, I noticed last season that it seemed they were acting like Covid was just gone. I wish they would give us dates for when this show is filming. It would be helpful to understand what is going on.

I can't believe Babs had to fight stroke / covid /and UTI all at the same time. So glad that she is on the mend.

I don't know why the articles don't have dates as well, so annoying. So best I can figure is this was at the late 2021 / early 2022, based on the snow.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, I think everyone went thru a period of time, mostly last winter, that we thought Covid was pretty much a low risk. That's when I finally made plans to travel myself.

Then things changed again. But seemingly only for those of that are high risk. I *still* don't see very many people masking in public today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So true, Karuuna. I still wear my mask when I go out and see very few people wearing them.

However, here at my senior apartment the staff still wear masks and most of the residents wear them as well. Of course we have a bunch of over 90's here so that might be why.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I cringe watching Whitney's cat on her kitchen counter, island. Drives me nutz....

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Honestly, don't all cats do that?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, mine do. That is why I clean the counters before I ever cook or do anything with human food.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I still mask whenever I'm out of house or car. At our senior center sometimes it is half masked, sometimes not.

Singing group does zoom twice a month and in person twice a month, once with masks mandatory and one with masks optional (I don't go that week).

I had an appointment with my hematologist/oncologist yesterday and he asked how I'm doing in general and I said it is hard knowing I am one of those being left behind. He completely understood, since pretty much all of his patients are immune compromised. I was telling him how even on the mask mandatory day, people would unmask for pictures. He said what are you doing there and I said singing and his eyes got big.. high risk activity.

Anyway whenever they filmed this show (second episode tonight, Thore Family Values) I don't think I saw a single mask.. hmm even at the rehab.

Babs did improve and they were able to get approval for her to go to an actual rehab, which was good and she seemed very motivated.

Buddy did show up with flowers for Babs and expressed to the camera what all of the friends have said about how much they love Babs. He talked to Whitney about his upcoming (not sure if it has happened by now in real time) wedding. She will also be in the wedding of her business partner, who told us that her father's tumor has come back, so she related to Whitney's situation.

Whitney is back on the pushing Glenn to retire train. He already said for now he would have to be home with Babs (Hunter got out of his lease in NY and was moving to Atlanta, but Hunter was the one at home each time Babs had medical issues, both strokes and other things, so that would be a concern).

Just wish Whit would realize that Glenn is really capable of coming to conclusions about retiring or working from home

Anyway the best thing was seeing Babs responding i the rehab. Due to COVID restrictions only Glenn was allowed to be there with her so he was going every day. (Everyone had been negative by this time). Glenn was looking tired but definitely happy that Babs was improving. Whitney printed up a bunch of significant family photos for Babs to have in rehab and there were some facetimes including greetings from her friends to Babs.

I would say that being able to see and read how loved she is must be good for Babs.

Oh and her friend who she had bullied into being a surrogate.. well a doctor said that she would not be a good candidate to be a surrogate. Whitney now is saying that she would decide the fate of the frozen eggs with the French Man (but she also is on some dating app and has Lenny around too).

That is all I remember.

My counters are crowded and also blocked so my cat rarely pushes the issue. I don't have an island like Whitney does; I would think that would be harder to police with a cat. I don't really cook in ways that would involve food touching counter so it would be ok.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great summary Sea! Missed it, so it's much appreciated.

My cat's aren't really high jumpers, so they NEVER go on the counters. When they were kittens, they would jump on the dining room table. The highest they jump now is my lap, a chair, or the bed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Katniss is a good jumper and climber, but lately with hotter weather, she tends to flop on the floor.

I also have a hard time with cat shaving. My ex neighbor used to do that with her cat and then let it outside which seemed especially to be a bad idea since their fur is somewhat protective. If you have a long/medium haired cat, then you should brush the cat, not have it shaved to the skin. So the one cat Whit seems to still have on camera so far this season is hard to watch for me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This felt more like a filler show to me, guess I really only want to know what is going on with Babs, LOL.

They showed Whitney going overboard decorating her new apartment at the Assisted Living Community. I was cracking up when she said Oh, it looked so much bigger online. I remember that as well when I moved here. I had a plan in my mind for the bedroom (which I had actually seen and had measurements for) but I had made it bigger in my mind.

The apartment turned out pretty nice.

Can't really remember much about what else they showed other than Lenny getting a dog, and some of the wedding discussions.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lenny really loves Whit's poodle, which seems like a super laid back and sweet dog. Someone rescued a bunch of poodles and Lenny wanted to adopt one and Whit appointed herself as the coordinator. Anyway the new poodle arrived.

They also did more filming (not much) for NOBS and Whitney is sort of dismissive of Lenny but he seems to be doing a good job.

Her friend who is gay .. I forge tht exact reason he needs to move but cannot afford rent but he wants to rent Whit's attic room again,

He was impressed that Lenny is now sober.

Yes the room turned out nice, but as Glenn pointed out, Babs is not supposed to be there all that long. I guess the cat is not looking to escape and will stay in the room, not sure.. Glad Babs got into what is supposed to be a good facility with PT, OT and speech therapy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
New show but so much repeat footage. What an mess with lack of wedding planning, the dog and ok getting bridesmaids choose their own dresses means Whit is likely to show up in her usual attire, we can hope she gets a comp outfit from one of her sponsors.

Bans must have approved being on the show, but it still feels exploitive. AMD sorry but Whit and her dance buddy should not be allowed to lead dance in that setting. I would think the liability would be high, though I am sure the show will require waivers to be signed.

The baby shower was interesting, planned by Ashley's drag queen friend. She is having (did have) a boy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh braces, metal braces..on her teeth. No incisions because you have to remove them to eat or drink those sodas...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have more faith in Whitney. The previews show her in a very nice dress for the wedding. And I'm sure she knows to scale down her dance class to ability.

I think they haven't shown very much of Babs at all, out of respect for her... just a few snips here and there. I think they've been very respectful.

Loved the baby shower!

And I think you meant Invisaligns, not incisions. :-)

I think it's just a matter of preference. She had to give up lots to get standard braces too... sometimes it's the editing. Chips, hard things, sticky foods. Went thru both with my DS. They both require restraint in eating/drinking.

The taking them out and putting them in was definitely a hassle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I did Invisalign, per my Dentist I was her most compliant patient. I researched and had pre pasted mini toothbrushes when away from home. They worked fine and I use my aligners nightly.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh.. Yes.. Invisaligns.. Just taught my tablet..

End of the new show had Babs being taken to the Emergency Room. 😕

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.

Last week they said that Babs was having trouble breathing and that is why they went to the ER, her oxygen level was 70ish (extremely low) and they were trying to figure out what caused it (maybe side effect from covid?, IMO).

Tonight I think she is going to the wedding.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Last week Whitney lead a dance exercise class at the assisted living place where Babs is staying (and Glenn is there all the time too). Glenn was a big participant and it looked like a fun time.

This week WAS the wedding and it came off well and Babs was able to go. It looked like she and Glenn left before the very end of celebration, but not all that early and definitely had a good time. She looked great, though subdued for Babs.

There was some footage with the dog.. not sure why Whitney doesn't have it on a lead in public. Lenny also adopted a poodle.

Whitney took Lenny as her plus 1 and bought him his outfit (looked great) and they both went to a barber too.

Lenny clearly wants to get back together. He is now sober for a good length of time, which is a good thing. Whitney holds him off, though, but she hasn't mentioned "the French man" for awhile.

For some reason, Glenn urges Whit and brother to go on vacation because they have been so involved with Babs. While I get that, I kind of agree with Whit's first reaction, that if she was away on vacation and Babs took a turn for the worse that would suck.

I suspect the vacation is driven by production. Thus for, no indication that I noticed as to where she may go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2022 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh no ... I just got a notification on my phone that Babs has died, this is so sad, I was hoping she would recover from her strokes.