TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
SURVIVE THE RAFT

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: SURVIVE THE RAFT users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Pinkana mentioned this show in the BB thread. Its about people from all over the country and with totally different beliefs have to try to work together to survive living on a boat in the Panama Islands. Its based on an experiment done in the 70's, but this time money is involved. Its on the discovery channel.

I watched the first 10 minutes and it looks good.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I have watched all episodes. There are a few very strong personalities that seem to takeover every conversation. Not enjoying them, but I know that’s how they get people to watch, to watch the drama.
Now after this week, and Summer H deciding to leave basically because it seemed she talked herself into it. Of course we only see part of what goes on, so who knows what else happens. She was really put off when they brought on another girl named Summer.
I’ll continue to watch, another Big Brother type program. I wonder how long it will be before they start playing for themselves and not as a team. Soon I bet, especially now that the prospect of going home is real. Why not at least keep some cash for yourself instead of going home empty handed?🤷‍♀️

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Iluv - the premise of the show is to HAVE strong personalities from a variety of viewpoints, and to see if they can put those differences aside to be successful. So yeah, unlike other shows which may enlist them from the drama, in this case, it's part of the experiment.

And I agree, unlike the original experiment (that this is based on), the introduction of cash rewards and choosing whether to take the money or share is problematic. Especially when it's hidden. Given that you can be voted off, that's a huge incentive to take the money!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm watching and enjoying it, and all of the different personalities and backgrounds.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm watching this show too and enjoying it very much.

Right before it comes on, I also am watching Naked & Afraid Castaways and am enjoying it as well. Three different teams of 3 are dropped off on an island, naked and not given anything. No pot for water, fire starter or a map.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like both shows too, Egbok!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: