TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Claim to Fame: Archive through July 31, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I just went back and found it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Too funny. They are in the neighborhood of Karsyn's relative, but you don't get credit for that. Smart of Cole going for the sure thing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Explanation of Hugo's clue. This one was a little harder than the others.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Hand making a gesture, as in "Come Here" = Come

Ampersand "and" symbol = And

Deer with antlers = Deer

Arrow pointing forward to a bracket is sign for "in" = In

Police Officer/Chief = Chief

So: [Come] [and] [Deer] [in] [Chief]
Commander in Chief

Silhouette with a question mark is the symbol for "Who" = Who

Farmer = Farms

Two Goofy Faces emoji for crazy or nutty = Nuts

[Who] [Farms] [Nuts]

So: [Come] [and] [Deer] [in] [Chief] [Who] [Farms] [Nuts]

Commander-in-Chief Who Farms Nuts

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much, I couldn't figure out what goofy faces could mean, LOL.

I am so bad at this stuff no wonder I never understand emoji's, LOL.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You are welcome! I love this stuff lol The others I got in a few seconds. But this one took me a minute.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I got the first part of the clue, but the second part?! Wow. Good deciphering! It's good to know the ? = Who. And of course farmer, but the last part?!

I'm glad Cole guessed Shayne -- they were so confident, but he was wise to go with the sure thing. The show didn't reveal if Shayne and Monay really know who Chris is.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think his will be the hardest for them to figure out. The bee on the board has lead them to Buzz Aldrin.

Gabriel ‘seems’ to know who Karstn is actually related to, but didn’t tell anyone.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Why did they move it to the later time slot? Still waiting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I know. I had my Monday TV viewing down pat!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
haha they think Chris is Jim Carrey?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I was dying Heckagirl. They think Chris looks like him, LMAO. I find it hard to believe none of these kids haven't heard of Donny and Marie, but maybe they are that sheltered.

I didn't pick up many clues for the ones left this time. Did I miss something? I know they threw some more clues out for Karsyn (I just realized they put Car in her name!) being related to a race car driver but they didn't give any more into towards the names of the driver.

Plus I was impressed how Gabriel figured out that clue quickly, but was he correct.

Where are are clue interpreters, LOL!!

We need the symbols from the clue and then maybe I can understand it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am with Gabriel - never seen any episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm - also probably have seen less then 5 episodes of SNL so i definitely would never get who was on both...

NASCAR will be hard for most unless they watch. Even though I know the name of Karsyn's relative, and how famous he is, it still would be a total guess on my part if in the house since I have no knowledge of the extent of his wins... he would be one of many names i would throw out there, just because of name recognition in NASCAR...but again, would have been a total guess.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
One of the new clues was an Ace of Diamonds with a magnifying glass on it? I think that's why they were thinking "Ace Ventura?"

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's unusual that they don't know of Donny Osmond. I never watched their tv show back in the day or listened to their music. There are so many genres of music out there and not everyone is into all of them. That's what makes it easier for these relatives of lesser known celebs to get by in my humble opinion.

I also have never watched NASCAR so I would be clueless as to naming a driver. As for the Curb Your Enthusiasm and SNL clues, I never knew until recently that Larry David had even been on SNL. JB Smoove and Julia Louis-Dreyfus also have connections to both shows but how many people know that? Again, it's so much easier on this show to be the relative of a lesser known celeb. Every time Hugo smiles large, I think of all the political cartoons featuring Jimmy Carter's teeth but this group is too young to have seen that. I would love to see a pic of the updated clue wall but so far haven't found one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Larry David was a writer for SNL waaay back in the day. Back then he only was on screen a couple times when they needed an extra on the stage or a tiny part.

He became sort of a cast member when in recent years he started regularly portraying Bernie Sanders and he also hosted once.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's maddening to me that they keep adding clues to the wall...AND they keep moving them around. The race car steering wheel was a dead giveaway but kept being relocated. It screws me up.

I also don't think that the celeb contestants should be a non blood relative. Although Carly's relative (Tom Hanks) was so famous and the clues so straight forward, it was impossible not to guess.

If I'm correct about Olivia, her clues are very misleading. They keep putting clues about Jim Carrey. There are a disproportionate amount of clues that clearly point to him. But it's really Jenny McCarthy. The new clues...the bunny with a red/orange carrot (and I think there is more than one bunny?) is a nod to her start as a Playboy Playmate. She was never an actual "Bunny". Which refers to the waitresses at the Playboy Clubs.

The New Years Eve glasses refer to Jenny doing the NYE show with Ryan Seacrest. That's something most of them should know? The "funny bunny" is confusing for me, in that, although Jenny is funny she's not particularly known for that, although her cousin Melissa is. Would make more sense if they had a bunch of clues about Melissa instead of Jim Carrey.

I think it's so interesting that this group of contestants think that when someone gets a clue, they owe it to the others to share the info. And that they get mad when someone guesses the identity of another contestant who maybe they were friendly with. This is a game.

I'm cracking up that now they think Chris is related to Jim Carrey. I love that Chris has kept his info private, until he shared it last night with Gabriel in exchange for his clue. That was smart. I'm puzzled though why Gabriel picked Shaynes Wine Room Clue as opposed to another's. If Chris and Gabriel work together till the end, they're going to be a formidable pair. They are both so smart.

It floored me that Gabriel got Shayne's Wine Room clue immediately. It wasn't super straightforward. I got the Saturday Night and because the word Live naturally followed if I said it I'm my head. Curb Your was somewhat clear. Enthusiasm is the word that naturally follows after, with the Happy Guy With his hands in the air. The addition of the comedy mask was weird.

In any case...I'm like the rest of you. I never watched Curb your Enthusiasm nor SNL. Although I know many of the people on it from other things. I don't know JB Smoove at all, except I maybe am aware of there being a person with that name, that I've heard of. Hopefully Chris can help figure it out. Someone here (apologies I forgot name) nailed it and guessed JB as soon as I listed a curb on the wall. And they guessed the Astronaut as MTV. Very good! But now I want to know what the Egg Carton is for. I wish at the end they would go through all the clues and assign them to the celeb they belong to.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Spoiler ahead with my apologies if this has already been stated.

J B Smoove was on The Masked Singer as well as SNL and Curb. His daughter's name is Jerrica but looks very much like Monay - could she be his niece if not his daughter? Actually found that his grown daughter has her own pie business and sometimes goes by J. Monay.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Also, every time I see that red wig and the astronaut, I think of Jessica Chastain in The Martian

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I chuckled when someone brought up Carrot Top - since he was the first one I thought of when I saw the redheads, LOL.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Do we know how they all figured out Alicia Keys? I wonder if one of them had somehow known about her brother before being on the show. Or were they just all lucky guessers.

I'm laughing so hard at them not seeing who Chris is. I hope Chris wins! Not only is he playing smart, he looks SO much like his celebrity it's just boggling my mind that they don't see it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
According to Shayne, she left "Karsyn a note written on the bottom of a clue." She wanted to be sure to get revenge on Cole for eliminating her. I'm assuming that was after she was eliminated and went to pack?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Alicia Keys.. A piano, keys and some clue pointing to one of her songs... Maybe more.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Piano=Keys, Diary=Song Diary, Monument=Song Empire State of Mind originally on clue board. Then they added a page of sheet music. Shayne and Monay knew for sure, IMHO. Then Shayne left Karsyn the note. Karsyn said her final confirmation was the the "keys" in the limerick in the telephone challenge.

I wonder if Cole and Shayne confided in each other as to the identity of their respective relatives?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's hard to guess Donny Osmond if you have no clue who he is. I really don't see any of them guessing him so the win is going easily to Chris unless he is selected as the guesser and misses.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight, with all the big brother hoopla I almost forgot.