TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 17, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Claim to Fame: Archive through July 17, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Marie Osmond was considered a country artist. I think she should have known that at least. I remember her Paper Roses song when I was little. And on The Donny and Marie show, they had a recurring song medley segment where Marie started with "I'm a little bit country" and then Donny's next line was "I'm a little bit rock n roll". I could type the whole thing out from memory! hahaha. I never missed that show on Friday night. I remember one sleepover and all my girlfriends and I had our sleepings all lined up in Front of the TV for Donny and Marie.

Wiki says "Marie earned a gold record for both the "Paper Roses" single and album, was nominated for two Grammy awards, and became the youngest female country artist with a No. 1 debut song (a record she still holds)."

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, Donnie and Marie were huge. I still remember them singing that, and Donny having a glass of milk because they don't drink alcohol or caffeine. It was a silly show, but we all were watching!

I even toured the Osmond studio in Utah on a family vacation. I remember little else about the trip.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I meant "sleeping bags" lined up in front of the tv.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now we know who the bubblegum clue belongs to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Osmonds

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I figured that the gum ball machine was meant for Chris as soon as I figured out he was probably an Osmond. It didn't fit any other player. But I'm going to bet none of the kids ever heard of that term.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I heard an opinion that Shayne and Monay steered Jane to Elvis on purpose, to get rid of her. They see her as a threat.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just saw that Donny Osmond is putting on a concert in San Jose August 12th!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
it seems like that was suggested. I hope the show will clarify for us whether they did or not. They both seem too young to know much about Donny Osmond. Hopefully we see more discussion about chris's clue by them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, that is what was implied in the previews for next week.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If I lived in the area I would go Dipo! He's been doing shows in Vegas and I'm so tempted to go. I got to see my other crush in Vegas many years ago doing a big broadway style show (David Cassidy).

I saw both Donnie (with Marie) and David C live when I was a kid. Would be a thrill to see donnie live as an adult.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The Osmonds was my first concert. All of the brothers, including Jimmy, and Marie. I still remember Donny coming out in a white cape with purple lining and a "D" in white lights on the back. Of course they did a lot of hits. It was great! Probably about 1977.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, them maybe the D on clue board was also for him

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Chris looks just like Donny. I knew that before even seeing a clue. When”Jane” said Elvis Presley, I just busted out laughing 😂

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I know. It was a priceless moment. I'm not sure how he didn't give a huge reaction.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You could see he was holding his breath. Then he let it out like a balloon lol I detected a sparkle of glee in his eyes. But WE, also burst out laughing!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I wonder now that "Jane"/Jada knows the truth, did she watch that back and think how could I have been so stupid?

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I know, she was saying Elvis was born in Memphis. As a former Memphian we all know that’s not true. I bet Dolly told her…. couldn’t you see he looked like Donny

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We can laugh, but we have internet. They don't. They have pressure. I think also someone reinforced the Elvis idea to get Jane out.

Of course she sees what went wrong. She seems to be concentrating on the song she wrote about the Jonas Brother.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
When I guessed Donny Osmond...it was almost the instant I saw Chris. The clue was the confirmation. For me it could not have read any other way. It was clear to me. And I didn't look at the internet or other people clues. There is virtually no way to read the clue the way she read it IMHO.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But just maybe we are under less pressure not being there? Or not everyone lived with the Osmonds as a significant part of their entertainment. I know I didn't. I have no idea if I would have looked at Chris and thought of Donny Osmund, though I think that would have been a "No", but before I even saw a picture people here and on all platforms had mentioned Donny Osmund, so that was in the air.

In the House where Katy Perry once lived, not the same situation. Jada only brought her own life experience to the table.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I still would assume that someone that is in the music business themselves, and almost 50, and has Dolly Parton as an Aunt....would know of the Osmonds. I wouldn't necessarily think they might recognize the family's looks right away (as I did).

The written clue that she got to see for herself:

Puppy + Heart (puppy love)

T shirt + N + Eye + Doll (Teen Idol)

Arrow which signifies "in"
T shirt (7 in a row) ...in the 70's

How did she get Tennessee? Or anything related to Elvis. The dog was clearly a puppy. BUT even if you thought it was a Hound Dog, then what is the Heart there for?

Well, she said Chris' eyes looked like Elvis'. And that he talked a lot about family. I think the Osmonds are more family oriented than Elvis was lol

I'm sorry, this one, I just can't give stamp of approval hahaha! The other clue that was very straightforward was Eddie Murphy's.

And I said Donny Osmond family 10 minutes in to the program. I just knew. I had no clues other than the Three clues which they said initially, as they introduced everyone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Agree, Since .. it was like last year, everyone knew Simon Biles relative because she looked just like her.

I knew it was a relative to the Osmonds as soon as I saw him, just didn't know if it was Donny or Marie until he decided to sing as his talent. Then I figured it must be Donny.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
A 3 second clip in the previews screamed Osmond at me! But I confess to having spent countless hours staring at my Donny Osmond album covers, so that face is embedded in my brain. LOL. But even his mannerisms, with the fist pump, scream Donny.

I also feel like Jane never watched "Concentration" because she really had that clue so messed up. She thought the Russian doll was for "rush in", but then the arrow was a second "in"? For 'fools rush in', but where is the fools part? I hope they show how the other ladies convinced her it was Elvis.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What are y'alls guesses for Olivia? I can't even come up with a good guess!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Since got Olivia a while ago (and i agree)