TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Claim to Fame: Archive through July 12, 2023 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm confused about why Jane thought Chris' clue with a puppy on it was about Dolly Parton? Can anyone enlighten me?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's a Paul Anka song, but both Dolly (1959 as her first single) and Donny (1972) recorded it. I don't think it's the same song though? I would have to listen to it

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just listened to it. Nope, different songs! That's strange. Paul Ankas was released 1 year after. They are not the same song.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm confused...different melody but same chorus...did Paul steal Dollys song? I'll have to investigate

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Puppy Love,” written by Dolly at age 11, along with her Uncle Bill Owens, was released by Goldband Records in 1959. The lyrics showcase Dolly's ability, even at a young age, to write relatable songs

Puppy Love" is a popular song written by Paul Anka in 1960 for Annette Funicello, a Mouseketeer, whom he had a crush on.

I can't find any info addressing the issue that 2 artists have the same song and claimed to write it lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
They are different songs with same title lol I wonder if they even knew that when they did the clues

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am really interested to see how Shayne and Monray (I don't know if that is correct spelling) convinced Jane it was Elvis. They did show them interrupting the clue to get to Tennessee, together. At the time I was very confused how Donny Osmond connected to Tennessee, LOL, but her guess of Elvis it made more sense.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, we have a fabulous Banner!!!! And I see I did spell Monay's name incorrectly, LOL.

Thank you, thank you Jimmer!!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I think Shayne and Monay were instrumental in leading Jane to guess Elvis for Chris. They said the dog was for "Hound Dog" and somehow thought the clue had "Fools Rush In" for a song. I couldn't believe she got it wrong. But glad she did!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know how anybody of Jane's age could look into Chris's face and not see Donny. I just finished watching about 15 minutes ago and I'm still laughing about "Elvis". haha

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Elvis could not film a relationship thing because - he is dead. that should be one consideration. have to be alive.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's a valid point lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dolly writes a lot of her songs (but not all of them)

Elvis is indeed not alive, but neither was Dean Martin and that didn't stop his relative from being on the show. I don't think they have to be alive.

I was sorry to see Jane/Jada go, but she is enjoying being back on Instagram and she sure went out more gracefully than Carly!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 3:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I definitely am not aware of puppy love BUT like referenced above how can someone that old, in the music business, NOT see Donny in Chris. That was my thought the whole time Jane/Jada was looking at Chris. 🤦‍♀️

(I know Donny mostly from all his talk show appearances with and without Marie….born in the middle of the 70s so missed the height of his stardom but knew the teen idol hype existed….plus saw him in tour of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, i'm not sure how Jane got that wrong. She must not have read Tiger Beat in her youth. I was getting so mad that she was going to take out my favorite teen idol spawn, and then she guessed Elvis! I was dumbstruck! chris is like a clone of his dad. His face, smile, even his mannerisms scream Donny. And wow, those ladies steering Jane in the wrong direction? I wonder if they know the clue is for Donny.

And wow, with people figuring out Dolly Pardon from that picture clue. So many of the pictures didn't glean any information for me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought Puppy Love was a Donnie Osmond song? That too?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Also, Tom Hanks did not film a relationship thing, even tho he is alive.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, Puppy Love was one of Donny's biggest hits. But she seemed to think the dog was a "hound dog" per Elvis!

I had no idea Dolly sang a puppy love song. My dad was a huge Dolly fan and that song does not appear on any of her great hits CD's that he had. And no, it's not the same song Donny sang (via P Anka).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I forgot about Dean Martin.

So Dolly was happy for Jada being on the show. I wonder if Tom Hanks knew about his niece being there.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, yeah, you guys are right about there have been celebs that passed. I had forgotten!

Chris" face when Jane said Elvis, was so funny. He was holding his breath. I think he thought it was quite comical himself

I don't know how Jane thought anyone would ever know what Dolly Partons first single was, that she released when she was 11? Lol

Anyway, here is Dolly with Puppy Love

https://youtu.be/hblS0Ylal9I

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sadie somewhere I saw that Tom Hanks niece say she text him right after the show. I guess she told him what she said in her outburst. She said that he told her, he wasn't worried. He didn't think it would hurt him or reject on him badly. That almost seemed like another way to say, "Don't apologize to me. You're the one that looked like a dumb dumb" lol

Oh, and I did wonder why Tom Hanks didn't film a little congratulations for the niece? Makes me think he might not be that close to her. Remember she didn't even talk to him, she text him lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, puppy love for dolly is just WAY too obscure, esp when paul anka and donny osmond are tightly tied to it.

and yes, interesting note about Hanks not filming a video for his neice, who is really Rita's niece. That whole thing just feels weird with her huge tantrum.

I wasn't sure I'd like this show, but honestly it's kind of fun.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I also ended up liking. The show way more than I ever thought I would.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Some of these people may be a bit too young to understand some of the references to the participants claim to fame.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Jane/Jada just thinks more locally in Tennessee, Nashville, so early Dolly Parton knowledge is obvious to her, while the Osmunds might not have been as relevant in her life. She has a 15 year old daughter and is immersed in country music. But Elvis came out of left field for me, too...