TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: World Championship: Archive through July 10, 2023 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finished S20 yesterday and I died laughing at the "Johnny Bananas Backpack" - that was hilarious.

Now I'm on S31 - Vendettas. This is the season where Brad and his wife from S20 are now divorced and he's with Britni (she "burned" her vote on LeRoy which caused him to go into the elimination round and lose). I'm not necessarily a fan of hers.

And when will Cara Maria wash her hair?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lexie now you know! My favorite player and my favorite moment. CT!

Cara Maria is a weird bird.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
CT is my favorite and Johnny is my ultimate villain so that moment was priceless in every way!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm with y'all. I like both CT and Johnny so that moment was priceless.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
CT was such a bully and a hot head in these early eps. And Johnny is not much better. Hopefully they grow on me? They are impressive to watch in their skills at this game, but so far are not that likable to me (maybe they are villains one roots for?). I remember liking Abram a lot when I first watched this series, and not liking CT. I can't recall my thoughts on Johnny. I'm watching The Island season right now and I feel like I watched this one before.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like and dislike many of them at times, depending on how they are behaving in the moment.

In general, I do like CT (now). I was sad to learn he is getting divorced. I find Johnny interesting (his game play), and I find Wes completely intolerable.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Finished the Island and started season 17, which is another Duel season. It's interesting to me that episode 1 of season 17 is not available to stream. I wonder if that is because CT and Adam fight and are kicked out (again for CT).

I think The Island season was trying to borrow from Survivor but it just didn't really work. The ability to take someone's key didn't really work for me. And the last challenge of just rowing was pretty weak imo.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well my Challenge viewing is all over the place. I started with The Challenge USA (on CBS), and then All-Stars on Paramount, and then World on Paramount. So I wanted to go back but not to S1, so I started at S26 and am now on S31 (with a brief intermission for S20 over the weekend). The only season I struggled to get into was S29 because I didn't like they were living on a beach in Thailand - it was too much like Survivor for me. I don't want to watch Survivor on The Challenge. After I work my way through all the later seasons of The Challenge (I think 38?), then I will go back to the earlier seasons (depending on the writers' strike - LOL)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Still don’t understand why they didn’t include Season 17 episode 1. Other fights are shown over the years. Not excusing CT but you don’t really see in this clip that Adam pushed him three times when CT told Adam not to touch him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ljxEs_xhg

CT and Adam go back to their Paris days when CT was still just Chris….

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad they were both sent home. it's just ridiculous behavior. But yes, so odd to not allow that episode to stream.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finished Vendettas and started Final Reckoning (S32). One thing I didn't like about Vendettas was how the contestants won money winning challenges throughout the season but yet when they were eliminated the money was taken away from them and put into the pot for the final challenge.

As far as I'm concerned if you win money at challenges, that's your money regardless of how far you go.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
the thailand season was kind of like that. you get sent home and you lost your money, but the person who beat you got the money.

I just finished Thailand and it was hard to watch. kenny is a pos and I'm so disappointed he's in the next season (obviously before he was banned). It was hard to watch him be so cruel to that one gal. But she's back for another season!

Seems like Thailand started with the gross eating. And it was such a small amount. So different now with the vast quantities of grossness they have to consume.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... Thailand (S29) was the season I decided to skip. It was too much like Survivor with them living on the beach.

I realize they have to mix it up to keep the show fresh, but I swear it seems like they make the rules up as they go along with some the antics in the house and with the money.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they tend to do that. TJ is known for making it up as they go along. Not a fam of that. The OGs seem to be used to it. I have heard the newbies brought in from other shows, the last several years, complain about it in interviews.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh, they return to Thailand a second time? UGH. I just watched season 18 in Thailand. I'm not happy to hear they return to Thailand and another survivor-like season. Oh well.

I'm def seeing the evolution of the tasks. Getting harder and longer and more endurance needed. I'm on season 19 now, which I think is Fresh Meat II. This season also feels familiar to me. I can't remember when I quit watching this show, but eventually a season will feel brand new. lol.

It is fun to see people like Lauren and CaraMarie and KellyAnne, who I don't remember from the first time I watched. Funny how I remember Wes and Derek and Darrell. I also remember Anissa and some of the other ladies, like EV and Ruthie.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Aneesa is done with the Challenge now? I feel like she is done physically and mentally.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Somehow I missed the news of Kenny and Evan (and Tonya) being banned after Tonya’s accusations. So glad Kenny is gone, along with Evan.

Just finished fresh meat II….I read Noor never came back because he was too boring in interviews….he seemed like a good guy to have. Fun re-watching Laurel her first time…even if paired with the sexist creep.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Everyone on The Challenge acts like Aneesa is such a beast but AFAIK she has never won a single final. A friend of mine googled and found that she has only won a total of $30,000 from all of her appearances. It also seems like the most recent seasons she literally had to be dragged along because she's in terrible shape physically. I don't get the Aneesa love.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Anessa actually has made three finals and won over $62,000. While she might be a winner in the money, i personally always liked her - especially as seasons progressed - because her dedication is always there. She wants to be there, she wants to do her best - it doesnt always happen but I definitely think she is a better person then many of the contestants who might be physically better then her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've watched half the season and I'm thinking "who is Noor"? LOL. So yeah, I'd say he doesn't have enough big personality for this show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 09, 2023 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My friend's Google stands corrected. I didn't realize Aneesa had won $62K.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, July 09, 2023 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I do like these wiki fandom sites

https://thechallenge.fandom.com/wiki/The_Challenge_Wiki

Also I feel bad about prize money….newbies like turbo have $750,000 just from winning one season but the older players have less because the prize money was so much less in early seasons….

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 09, 2023 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Turbo is a total enigma to me. He was an actor. He was on Turkey's Got Talent as an aerial silk acrobatic performer. He won Survivor and went on to win Survivor All Star (both Turkish versions). Then he won The Challenge . He has competed on other seasons of shows where he did not win but made it in the finals

He is trained in Taekwondo, Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. He is also a trained MMA fighter

He was a break dancer in high school. Got a degree at the Fine Arts at Mersin University. He would later develop into a dance professional

He has such a temper and such a short fuse. I am a little scared and a little in awe of him. He, for sure though, would be my first pick in a Zombie Apocalypse lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finished Vendettas last night and started War of the Worlds (S33) and Turbo is on this season. But I'm only on E2 so I haven't seen much of him.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I finished Cutthroat yesterday and started Rivals.... I think I smiled just as much with glee seeing the Bananas Backpack scene as the first time I saw it. SOOO much fun to see...

While I am remembering all these seasons, definitely things seem more recent as I move on - Rivals was only 12 years ago but maybe i shouldnt have said "only" since it feels so much more recent... nice to see Joanna in her first season... although it was sad to see Anessa and Robin out in first episode... Rivals is the last season for Evan and Kenny since that was the year Tonya filed the lawsuit against them for the Ruins.