TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: World Championship: Archive through July 03, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It just registered in my brain ...you already watched 26...which was also my favorite...but bittersweet...with CT and Diem

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I had never watched this program either, so will go there in the future (if I remember).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... CT was definitely a sweetheart. There was also a tribute screen to someone named "Ryan" (I think) but for the life of me I can't seem to place him unless he's from one of the seasons I hadn't watched.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
CT wasn't always a sweetheart lol...he was quite the hot headed bully. This is why, if you can, go back and watch from the beginning. You then see the evolution of the people on the show. The tragic part of Diem and CT was that she totally changed him. She had a profound effect on him when she in life and an even more profound effect on him in her death. It was so captivating to watch CT the "caveman" treat Diem with such respect and tenderness...that he had never exhibited before.

Ryan Knight was originally on Real World (New Orleans) as were almost all the OGs. Some also from Road Rules. Ryan has a severe alcohol and drug addiction. Everyone loved him...he was sort of a clown. He was on both shows with Jemmye. They dated off and on.

Both Diem and Ryan passed away 2 months after finishing filming The Challenge. Diem lost her battle with ovarian cancer and Ryan from overdose of drugs and alcohol.

Ryan was on 3 seasons of Challenge in addition to Real World and Diem was on 9 Real World/Road Rules The Challenge I believe

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for letting me know who was Ryan on the tribute screen. I did read that CT asked Diem to marry him when she was on his deathbed but she told him no. I guess she didn't want to make him a widow. It sounds like he stayed by her side to the very end.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just watched season 33, War of the Worlds. It was entertaining. I do appreciate Wes and his bravado.

I started to watch an earlier season, but as soon as I saw Diem was on it I had to stop as I didn't want to cry my way through a season. too heartbreaking.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1 -- I'm still laughing about the Johnny Bananas backpack as I just binged that season. Soo funny.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So I finished S28 and started S29 and didn't make it past the first episode. This is the one where they are all living on the beach (maybe in Thailand?). I didn't like that - too much like Survivor. So I started S30 (before I forgot that I need to watch S20). I have made a note to go back to S20 and I finish S30 (The Dirty Thirty)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda The Johnny Bananas Backpack might just be my favorite all time moment of all seasons! Bananas still get teased about it.

CT has been seen getting back in to competition condition, and has been teasing his return. I would love a season with all the OGs together. Which is hard to do, because as adults now, with kids and businesses, it's hard to wrangle them all on the same season.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just finished Rivals, season 21. (I've had a virus, so lots of couch time.) I like that the older seasons are 10 eps. I don't like that they don't do a reunion. You can tell they are really spending more money on this show. And it seems like it's less of a fighting drunk frat party in the recent years.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, no reunions beck then. Who did the first reunion? Bet it was Real Housewives! Lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It looks like S30 (Dirty 30) is 20 episodes. Hopefully a lot of it I can FF through - I like the competitions and eliminations. I tend to FF through the bar scenes. After I finish S30, I'm watching S20 for Bananas Backpacks (whatever that is)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I FF thru a lot too... the comps are my favorite part!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've started back at the beginning (season 10). Right now I'm on Season 12, Fresh meat. I've watched this one before, I'm quite certain of it. Season 10 and 11, not sure, but also seemed familiar. I'll keep it on as background as I know I stopped watching at some point. It's fun to see how amateur the graphics on the show are and how easy a lot of the challenges are compared to today's show. It's fun the see the vets so young!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Watching the individual evolution (or not, in some cases) of each person through their seasons of Real World to Road Rules to The Challenge is quite a journey.

I also found the Real World Homecoming fascinating. They all pretty much reverted to their original wounds no matter how much time and space they put between them.

San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, and Hawaii casts were all asked to return...but none accepted. I think after seeing the first 3 seasons it scared them off, and rightfully so lol

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I ran out of shows to watch so started watching old seasons too…enjoy seeing some of our favs in younger days (I remember most of these early seasons) ….hilarious with the “new technologies”….no fan of people I never liked seeing in the first place…..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 4:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SinceBB1, I finally finished S30 (Dirty Thirty) last night and started the first episode of S20 (Cutthroat). I'm curious about the Banana's Backpacks.

In S20, it is almost a shock to see how young Johnny, Sarah, Cara and Camila (both drive me crazy) are. They were just babies - LOL.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've finished season 14 recently and it's kind of bizarre to see Johnny Bananas be not one of the dominating players. Wow, how he has evolved! Whereas someone like CT has always been a bull in a china shop and dominated from the start.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lexie what did you think of Cutthroats?

Many of the OGs were beasts back in the day. They had to become more strategical players as they aged. Cara Maria has hinted at returning. It will be interesting to see if she will be able to stay out of the fights etc. If she has evolved. She is still with Paulie Calafiore. Both of them were hotheads. If one returns, they will both likely return since they have stated they would only compete again if together.

It would be epic if they could get all the OGs on the same show again. I know it is hard because they have lives and families and businesses. They have to get back in competition shape. It's so hard to get them all at once.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 2:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i am on the island one now (S16)... the last three seasons just reinforced why I disliked Johnny so much with the his constant targeting of the girls, and then within two minutes in one of the episodes on the Island he uses the words Hitler and retarded. Sigh....

There are some OGs i never want to see at all....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 3:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SinceBB1, I am now at the beginning of Episode 8 of Cutthroats. I haven't gotten to "Bananas Backpacks" yet (whatever they are - LOL).

I can tell how much the show has evolved over the seasons with regard to the challenges. In this season they are recycling elimination challenges in the Gulag and they appear to be very low-budget whereas now the challenges are somewhat more sophisticated and not so cheap (and not recycled in the same season).

I will tell you the two women who drive me "bananas" are Camila and Cara Maria. Camila is a loose cannon but it sounds like after The Challenge adopted a zero tolerance policy in the later seasons she was finally out. Cara Maria makes me crazy because her hair always looks like it is dirty. I don't know if she's wearing fuschia-colored extensions or what, but her hair/scalp always look dirty.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Some of the elimination challenges were pretty weak in those early seasons. A single slide puzzle that takes them about 4 minutes to complete? Weak!

It is kind of shocking to see how out of control the players were at times, how aggressive they would get toward each other, etc. Things that would likely not be tolerated at all today.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ugh, seems like season 15 started the whole "let's vote out the girls" mentality from the veteran guys. Seems like Brad was the main ringleader for this. Johnny was long gone when this started. But it sounds like he carries this mentality forward in other seasons?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
For sure ALL of the players have evolved for the better over the years! Girls and guys.

Up until not too many years ago they used to be inebriated beyond belief. The alcohol was free and had no limits. Now the alcohol is not paid for by the show but by the players. And they have a cap of what they can drink. Probably still too much lol. But the older OGs realize they can't party like they used to.

So many of those fights and confrontations were fueled by alcohol consumption. Remember the "who ate the pizza" incident with Josh, Amber and Fessy? I'm not looking forward to Josh on new season. I hope he matured a bit.

I see many other reality competition shows trying to finally control the drinking somewhat. Bachelor Nation said they have a 2 drink max. BB always has. You can't sequester people and give them alcohol. That's always a recipe for disaster. Now if we could only get Real Housewives to follow suit....lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it's a real turn off to watch people get so sloppy drunk. Nothing good ever comes of it. I'm glad they have put some rules in place around that behavior.

Season 15 spoiler gauntlet III *****: at first CT seemed apposed to the "let's lose so we can get rid of the girls" but now he's so obviously throwing challenges. It would be poetic justice if they put Diem in, but they won't. smh.