TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Claim to Fame: Archive through June 28, 2023 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There was one last season who had a loud exit. Maybe that person got attention later and she chose that exit, but it certainly was a bad choice..

Or, she is like Tom and was showing that she can act like a spoiled bad sport??

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
When I first saw her...I keep thinking she reminded me of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on who. When they started talking about Tom Hanks I immediately thought she was related to Toms wife Rita. Indeed she is related by marriage. She is Rita's sisters daughter.

She should have used Rita as the celebrity relative. That's her actual blood relative anyway...and she might have lasted a little longer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally got to watch the second half of the show and I thought you guys were exaggerating about Tom's niece. I thought she seemed fine and I was going to come here and say you guys were too rough on her. Until.....They showed her going to pack and she screamed like a banshee! HAHAHA. Nope, you guys weren't exaggerating! My goodness. That was some reaction.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Such a good show!!!

Last Season Whoopi's granddaughter went out "badly". But OMG, Carly was amazing. I was going to ask if you guys thought she looked quite a bit older than all the others.

I sort of thought she was in her 30's or 40's instead of 20's like all the rest.

And it was pretty amazing how unglued she became. And since they showed her from behind I thought maybe they had dubbed that in, but then she started throwing stuff into her bag and I figured it was actually happening real time.

Plus the reaction of the others while she was screaming was hysterical.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So the person who said they saw an Osmond after the first commercial was exactly right.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know why they put any Osmond incognito on any show. We guess them immediately. They are so identifiable lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting Interview with Carly Reeves, she says she "overreacted a bit", LOL.

https://ew.com/tv/claim-to-fame-episode-1-celebrity-relative-tom-hanks-niece-carly-reeves/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I was was right, Carly is 39.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I’m a half hour into the show and had no guesses, so I came here. You guys are good. I guess I have a meltdown to look forward to. Yikes 😆

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Re-airs tonight at 10 pm per my TV guide.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Wowza! That was embarrassing.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I do have a guess for Monay

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I think her dad is J B Smoove

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm. Rieann, I don't know who that is, LOL. Off to google.

It was embarrassing! And she isn't a child, I looked she is 39

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So far I haven't seen any acknowledgement from either Tom or Rita on any social media about Carlys appearance on CTF.

In the past I have seen the Celeb congratulate or comment on their relative or post a photo together..after the person was eliminated. Crickets on this one....

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Donny Osmond’s son was so evident. He looked just like a young Donny. But these people are young so they maybe don’t know. It would be wise for him to grow his beard out while there and not look so clean cut. Or they could keep him around like they did the person last year (don’t remember who) but they knew her relative and she would be an easy out for anyone, maybe it was Whoopi’s relative.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Simone Bikes' relative was kept around Gor that reason.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Simone Biles ... the Olympian.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just got caught up on this. Wow! Such a spoiled brat kind of exit. I had been spoiled by an article I saw pop up. I thought she looked more like Rita Wilson, so not surprised to hear she is not blood related to Tom. It's clear she wanted to be attached to the biggest 'star' and not her own relative who would have been harder to guess imo.

Yes, that clearly is an Osmond. I knew it the minute I saw him!

the only other one I have a guess about is that paper clue:
Spoiler
I think the clue he got symbols at the end said "played buck wheat" -- so I think she is related to Eddie Murphy

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ohhhhhh... Brenda that makes total sense. And thank you for explaining the symbols. I can never figure out what they are supposed to mean, LOL.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda I put together the clue and my husband immediately guessed the same answer as you! So I'm guessing we are correct!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1 -- did you get the first part of the clue? I didn't, and I didn't care to rewind to try to figure it out. Those kind of picture clues are from the old Concentration game that used to be on TV in the 60's. I had the "board game" version.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
All I remember in the first part of the clue was a crown and a map graphic of North America.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
well he did play a king in the movie coming to America?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I DID get the first part of the clue! The last two items gave it away even if you hadn't gotten the first part. But it solidified that the guess was correct. Because the next to last picture of the animal could be several things I started naming off possibilities in conjunction with the last word and as soon as I said the two together my husband yelled out the name of the person.

The only "icon" I couldn't get was the second icon...but because I couldn't see it clearly. I still dont know what it is, even knowing the answer...But we didn't need it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know how to do spoiler box in order to show clue=word ...and I don't want to spoil for those that did not guess yet