TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: World Championship: Archive through June 19, 2023 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I can get why they wanted it to be guys or gals, and not mixed.

I still think Wes would have been better off doing the harder equations. If Ben could, Wes probably could have done them faster. Bad strategy.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
He explained that it takes the same time to do 2 blue equations a 1 red. That's why Ben had done 1 red and 1 blue in the time Wes had done 4 blue. Zara let go in under 3 minutes time...so there wasn't a whole lot of time to change strategy either.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, sure. Funny how the self-professed mastermind at equations couldn't even handle the first easy one, and didn't try the harder ones.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ben couldn't do the first equation either...and it was blue. And he spent over a minute on it and solved it AFTER Wes. He spent the next almost 2 minutes doing one red. He had to, because Wes was ahead. He was doing a blue for his next one. Im assuming because he either couldn't solve another red, or because he realized it took too much time. One could say Ben's strategy was flawed because he was about to fall behind. In any case it went too fast for either one of them to form a strategy. None of them thought it would be over so fast

I wish I could go back much later and change my posts like you do. When I wrote yep...you only had "okay sure"

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, there is a 5 minute editing window, where you can update your posts too. That's what I used. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Actually there is a 10 minute editing window. I'm quite aware of it. I have used it to correct spelling mistakes... But never to change my post. It was much later than that when that post was changed. This is not the first time. In any case when one changes their post, 5 minutes or an hour later, after there are already comments below their post... It changes the context of the discussion. In this particular case...it made it look like I was agreeing with your post. Which I was not. Sorry, but that's sneaky editing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, Since, I changed it right after I posted it. You may not have seen the edit because you posted only 1 minute after I posted it, and unless you refreshed, you would not have seen it. I had not seen your response, until much later.

Now, please get back on subject. I will refrain from dialoging with you in the future. I think that's better for both of us. :-)

06-29-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
No more off topic posts please. They will be removed. Thank you.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am guessing the three that were really sick had food poisoning. I got food poisoning in South Africa, had to miss the ONLY wildlife safari we had in our 5 days there. Bigdog went, had a lovely time. I stayed in the hotel room and alternated vomiting and diarrhea. I think it was a salad I had in a very nice restaurant.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 22, 2023 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know, they had fevers too (I think so), and those aren't usually indicative of food poisoning? Oh, and Amber was pregnant, so that may have been her morning sickness?

Sorry to see Bananas gone, but this is twice now he hasn't been on his game - missing the details in puzzles.

Not sorry to see Ben gone. Glad Kaycee got a new partner! Hopefully she'll go further this way, altho they same like the new target.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, April 22, 2023 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure Bananas would drive me crazy in real life as he seems fairly arrogant, but he does make the show interesting. I too was glad Kaycee got to stay and the new team seems like an easy kind of "no vote" target. Well, you're new, so you have to prove yourself, kind of thing.
And yes, not sorry to see Ben go. He too gets all wrapped up in ego. But since he went out like this, he's sure to be back another season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 23, 2023 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ben has now been medically disqualified on two Challenges. I'm sure they will bring him back as an All-Star.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who watched this to the end? I just watched the finale tonight. It was one HELL of a final challenge. Even if you dropped out, I think you could go watch this one episode and get some closure or something.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watched it all...as I have all seasons. It was the most gruelling finale ever! I was happy with the winners. They deserved it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 2:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was more grueling then the last few seasons... they really have taken the finals up a notch in recent years. Those twisted ankles are a death sentence on these finals...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched the entire season. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hate the part of the finale where they have to eat/drink something gross. It can't be good for them to be retching it up if they are already exhausted and could cause them to be dehydrated. They could eliminate that from future challenges as far as I'm concerned.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was more grueling either, Legalboxer. In some ways it was more boring because it was just a lot of running.

Lexie, I agree... I really wish they would do away with that, it's a risk to their health.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
In podcast and interviews, they have commented that this was up there as one of the most difficult finales. . It is being described as a "grueling two-day final" because of the long distance running. That seems to be the part that separates those that prepared for the finale versus those that didn't. They all said it was very difficult to walk such a long time on loose gravel. It was rocky and uneven. The terrain went up then down. It uses every muscle in your body to keep balance, and when you are tired, its easier to roll your ankle. The air also was very dry. In fact Kaz attributed her asthma attack during the finale to the weather. Something she hasn't had for years. Interesting that The Challenge from other countries are not as long as the US ones. The Challenge Kaz won for UK was only 2 weeks long versus the 6 to or 8 weeks for the US ones.

They said they were disappointed at the reward they gave them on the train. They would have all rather have had a head start reward, than a sleep one. It was too hard to make themselves just go to sleep on que (especially for 15 minutes) . They all thought the dressing up for the dinner was silly and out of character, especially for a finale. I didn't like that part either. Strange. I did like, however, that they all banded together to help each other stay awake. The worst part for them, however, wasn't having to get dressed up…but later having to change back to their clothes still coated with vomit. Lol They all said that the smoothie was absolutely the worst ever. They said they could smell it from far away as they were walking up. They were vomiting in their mouths before they even started drinking, it was so bad. I agree that they can go without that part and I would be happy. Apparently that is TJs favorite, so it's not going anywhere.

They all said it showed how taxing the finale was because they offered half of them IVs. That only has happened once before. They said they didn't think it translated on the show, how hard the finale actually was. For some reason they didn't show us all the legs. They had one where they had to kayak out to get puzzle pieces then return to complete the puzzle. Go figure why they left that out. They said the fact that Kaycee's body was shutting down on her, was very indicative of how hard the finale was. She is thought of as having perhaps the best stamina out of the group.

Some people think that Theo was faking or exaggerating his ankle injury. They said he was not in good physical shape and knew he could not make it to the end. If that's true, I feel bad for Sarah. I find her annoying, but a quitter, she is not

Kaz credits Jordan for helping her to do what he knew she was capable of, but she didn't know she possessed. Jordan credits Kaz for always digging deep and never giving up. They both thank Tori for always fighting for them lol.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That was a grueling finale with all of the running and vomiting. So strange to not show a kayak leg of it -- as all the running seemed so boring for us viewers! The winners clearly deserved this win.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely hated everything about that train ride - especially the sleep deprivation.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Since I am so new to The Challenge, I decided to go back and start watching earlier seasons on Paramount+. I decided to pick up at S26 (Battle of the Exes II) which I thoroughly enjoyed. I wasn't that crazy about S27 (Bloodlines), but now I'm on S28 (Rivals III) which seems pretty good so far. I just watched the episode where the team's token went missing and the producers went back and watched the footage and discovered another team had taken their token so they were disqualified and had to go into "The Jungle" (Camila - who I don't like At. All).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lexie watch Season 20 Cutthroat,_ one of my favorites...also known the season of the Bananas Backpack

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... I will check it out after I finish S28

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's a classic. Really the older ones are the best. Watch The Duel season 13 first. It is the one with CT and Diem. A classic also. Diem participated in 8 prior seasons...she was well loved.