TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: World Championship: Archive through April 10, 2023 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh no!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, as soon as I saw that Wes was doing the equations and Zara was holding the weight…I knew that they were losing. The only reason I can think that Wes was not holding the weight, was because Zara was terrified to do equations, because she is dyslexic. There was no way in heck that skinny armed Zara was going to hold the weight longer than Kaycee. BUT Wes could have probably held the weight all day long and Zara could have done the math at her leisure. I wonder if she could have run over and given the formula to Wes to work out in his head? In any case I would have flipped Wes and Zara because they might have had half a chance that way. Wes gave a classy and heartfelt goodbye speech and took total responsibility for them ending up in the bottom.

Now Kaycee and Ben are coming back pissed. I know they will try to get revenge. They have already started.

This Rocketman Challenge has to be one of my favorites! Except for Grant hurting himself. I was cracking up the whole way through. Justine was a powerhouse and sped through the water …until you see Emily. Holy Crap…when you see an Olympic athlete among mere mortals…Emily literally looked like a speed boat! And she went back and got the puzzle piece AND Yes too lol

I hate when a player gets hurt and is removed and also when the partner goes home too! Also when someone quits and their partner gets eliminated. So sad. Grant and Jonna were great competitors.

Now the two surviving teams that were lucky enough to get a break because of Grant's injury…are also coming back peeved. Everyone seems to be revved up and upset with somebody. Everyone is paranoid. It's like a room full of long-tail cats in a room full of rocking chairs lol Next week, bet there is all kinds of drama going on.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was in amazement watching Emily swim among mere mortals.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Emily is just beyond amazing in the water.

I am a Wes fan - always have been. Stated before how I never liked Johnny Bananas even before he was called Bananas... although he has been much more low key the last two seasons he has been on. Super sad Joana had to go but maybe that's why they carried over the Wes elimination since there wasn't an elimination the next time with Grant being injured.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And another thing. What was the point a few weeks ago of an entire episode being devoted to Johnna/Kellyanne shitshow when it clearly didn't play into any drama last night as Johnna was last so automatically in elimination? It wasn't like Kellyanne sent her into elimination out of revenge.

I'll be honest. When I first watched Wes, I was not a fan but he has definitely grown on me. And the fact is a lot of them seem to like Wes outside the show. I feel like there's something there that not all viewers are seeing with regard to Wes. He was a total class act when they were eliminated due to what was technically his fault by not drinking the smoothie.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, Wes was a total class act last night with his exit speech.
And I agree that putting those skinny arms holding the weigh was a bad strategy.

Anybody else have trouble with the Paramount + app late last night? Ugh, it was so frustrating trying to watch both through comcast and through my firestick. Kept jumping back to a commercial that I had to watch four times over and had to watch parts of the swimming over and over.

And yes, weird that they spent so much time on the two ladies relationship when it amounted to no impact in the game.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda I also had some problems with the repeating. At least I now know it was not my equipment or connection. My husband kept saying... Why are you running it back...I'm not...lol Bad enough watching a commercial...but watching it over and over again...!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
OK, I'm blaming the app. I just got a new box from comcast and I was worried they replaced my failed box with a subpar one. But then the firestick was acting up too! Every time I stream on any app besides netflix, I am reminded how superior of a streaming app netflix is. The others have some serious issues a times.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I loved seeing the later females in this challenge learn from the earlier contestants that they needed to do somersaults in the air to clear all the bars, even though they had probably never done somersaults in the air before in their entire lives. A couple of them were poetry in motion.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 07, 2023 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was amazing to watch them launching through the air.
I wish they would inform us of the final scores for all teams. They could easily flash it on the screen like they do on Big Brother.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 07, 2023 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that seems to be the difference between the MTV and Paramount+? They must not share editing staff/style. On MTV they have little tags on the screen and always show or say who came in where.

On the Challenge USA many people have noticed the difference in the editing. Although they got a little better on Challenge World, there still are differences. And since when have they not announced who was in the bottom and/or the times? That's crazy. I like to know that stuff

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lexie here you go... Their names and what reality show they originally appeared on...to the best of my knowledge

Challenge Legends:
Amber Borzotra (BB)
Darrell Taylor (Road Rules)
Jodi Weatherton (Road Rules)
Johnny "Bananas" DeVenanzio (Real World)
Jonna Stephens (Real World)
Jordan Wiseley (Real World)
Kaycee Clark (BB)
KellyAnne Judd (Real World)
Nelson Thomas (Are You The One but he has done a dozen Challenges)
Nia Moore (Real World)
Theo Campbell (Love Island)
Tori Deal (Are You The One)
Wes Bergmann (Real World)
Yes Duffy (Road Rules)

Global MVPs:
Ben Driebergen (The Challenge: USA, Survivor)
Danny McCray (The Challenge: USA, Survivor)
Justine Ndiba (The Challenge: USA, Love Ialand)
Sarah Lacina (The Challenge: USA, Survivor)
Emily Seebohm (The Challenge: Australia, I'm a celebrity get me out of here.)
Grant Crapp (The Challenge: Australia, Love Island)
Kiki Morris (The Challenge: Australia, The Bachelor Auss)
Troy Cullen (The Challenge Australia, Ninja Warrior)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks SinceBB1, but I'm talking about The Challenge USA 2 which will air on CBS. They are going to start filming in this month. I was able to figure out how to resize the picture

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
(Lexie, I'm going to start a new thread for the upcoming show and move your posts to it. :-) )

Finally watched the latest episode. Glad Wes is out (sorry, I know some of you like him, but he just rubs me the wrong way!). Another strategic error, he's just not as smart as he says he is. Not only making his partner hold the weights, but also not going for the harder math problems (as Ben did) to add more weight more quickly.

I almost feel like he wanted to go home.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh gezzz Lexie...I'm sorry I did NOT see the 2! And that was a lot of work for nothing lol oh well

Of course I'm so sad to see Wes go. Ben got the first few equations wrong, as did Wes. I have to chalk it up to stress for the both of them. My husband saw them flash for a second and did them all in his head in a instant. He did the equations because Zara was in tears. She did not want to do them. She would have been to stressed out to think straight.

But then there is the fact that Wes found out his wife was expecting their first child. So he might not have had his full-competition heart in it? They very much have wanted kids. Congrats Wes!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, a couple of thoughts. If Wes had held the weights over Kasey... Zara would not have had to do a lot of math.

If Wes had held the weights over Ben, Kasey isn't that great at math either, so it would have been pretty even with her and Zara.

But whatever, Wes chose to only do the easier equations. Once Ben had completed one of the hard ones, it was over.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Wes' strategy was to do the easier equations faster, to accumulate more weight. He solved the first equation first. He already had solved more equations than Ben. Ben had ONE red and one blue plate. Wes was about to place his 4th Blue plate, which would have put them ahead both weight wise and equation wise...but it didn't matter. Zara could never beat Kaycee, possibly at anything, except a puzzle.

Both Zara and Kaycee were holding the exact same weight when Zara let go. They were both holding 198lbs.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Still doesn't change my argument. Knowing Kaycee could hold more, Wes should have gone for the harder equations first. .

I still think Wes wasn't putting his best out there.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
But the harder equations took more time. I do think he was trying for speed. That's why he had twice as many equations completed as Ben. It would have been the same if he had taken longer to do the red equation and solved one or the blu equation and solved two. It was the same weight outcome. If he had had another partner...it would have gone quite differently.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SinceBB1... I felt bad about all that hard work you put into your post!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol Lexie...I know..I was thinking what a dodo I was, not to see the "2"! Duh!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, i think they might have had a chance if Wes held the weights. BUT, if the other team could switch who was holding weights base on what the other team chose, then I think kaycee wouldn't have held weights and Ben would have. I think the only chance Wes' team had was if he was holding against Kaycee holding. Interesting about Wes's wife expecting. Makes sense that he was okay going home. Best wishes to them!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Wes had some interesting extras:

He said they didn't show it on the show, but Darrell asked Wes who they wanted to go against. Because Darrell didn't want to choose. Wes said "anyone". Wes said it didn't matter, because he figured they would probably lose against anyone. They knew what the challenge consisted of and Zara would not do the math equations. Meaning she had to hold the weights.

Wes said he considered holding the weights and having Zara run over and give him equations to figure out in his head. He said they would not let him hold the weight against Kaycee. It either had to be 2 guys or 2 girls. Ben wouldn't agree to hold weights because of shoulder injury. So that option went out the door.

Wes said he totally should have drank the smoothie. That's on him. But if he had know that Zara couldn't throw worth a crap he would have not made that decision lol. I think he said the way they had it set up, some had to throw left handed. Wes also said the whole thing lasted only about 3 minutes!

Wes said it's too bad they were not there to complete in the Rocketman Challenge. He thinks Zara and he could have aced that challenge because they are both excellent swimmers and Zara is so light he could have really launched her in the air.

Wes and his wife said that it was sad that Jonna got eliminated because Grant got hurt. Usually that early on they have alternates that can step in on MTV. But because they had different countries involved they hadn't organized it that way.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that insight. Seems like it should have been up to the teams to decide who held the weights and not be forced into both being of one gender. But I guess they (prducers) didn't want the challenge to go on for hours on end.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was thinking the exact thing he was contemplating while watching the show. I don't think even with the strongest guys against each other it could have gone on too long. If in 3 minutes they already accumulated 200lbs...it wouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes max even with two guys. That would have been at least 700lbs I'm assuming?