TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: World Championship: Archive through March 21, 2023 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Legal. This is absolutely ridiculous that this season needs instructions... LOL

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
On the podcast Jonna said that Justine said she picked Bananas because she grew up watching The Challenge...since she was young lol. The girls (Aneesa and Da'Vonne and Jonna) were cracking up. Annesa said, how do you say to someone you are old without saying, you are old.

Jonna says they are all wary that at some point they are going to change teams again. So all the Legends are staying careful not to step on anyone's toes. I was thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they got to pick every week in order of how they place. That would make sense.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch this week? I thought it was a boring episode except for the competition. But if you like lots of back stories and repetitive scheming and complaining (KellyAnne), you might like it. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I loved Ben's tip about hiding a full place setting of dishes so he could have a clean dish to eat off. But he "hide" it in the kitchen cabinet lol. Interesting that they are too lazy to look in the cabinet for dishes? I thought for sure he was going to put them on TOP ledge of the cabinet.

Nellie was making me laugh with how he kept stopping Jujuy and not using momentum to swing her during Tether Brawl. Comments were, we need to take him to a playground

Was a little surprised Jonna went out of her eat to placate KellyAnn and say she wanted to work with her...only to turn around and put her in elimination. Especially without giving her a heads up. There will be some drama that comes from this.

I like that they have new games for challenges. Also that the gross smoothies were vegan, for I think, the first time.

All the while Wes is just grinning like a Cheshire Cat trying to stay out of everything. It's nice to see Tori and Jordan back in a good place. I hope they get back together someday

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I am going to be able to stick with this show if they keep it moving at this pace. The show was maybe 6 minutes of one competition, and the rest was petty back stories.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The Challenge is very much about social strategy and relationships as much as physical. Maybe even more mental than physical. The Legends know that. That's why CT, Bananas, Wes do so well and Fessy, for example,(who is a beast) not so much.

I think in The Challenges on Paramount as opposed to MTV much of the audience is new. So maybe they feel they have to give background stories so that people understand the dynamics of the long rivalries and relationships that play a part in the strategy and storyline?

They did devote more time than usual to the Jonna, KellyAnne drama. I am assuming it plays a part in what is to come in the next episodes.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last night I watched this week's episode and I absolutely hated it. They devoted 30 minutes to "who was going into the arena" - then the arena and a little of the aftermath. A friend of mine who watches the show was like AYFKM with this B.S. They can't possibly do this every week or it will take 4-6 months to air the series.

My friend is also of the opinion that they played a "little fast and loose" as to who is an MVP and who isn't (We're looking at you Ben).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I found the episode pretty boring also, but since my laptop battery was dying, it was probably a good thing since I FF'd thru a lot of it.

Hopefully future episodes will be back to the two comps per episode. This one was way too repetitive.

And Ben WAS funny!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't mind the back story. Because it represents whats actually happening. Then I'm not sitting there saying, what the heck happened? Why did so and so do that to so and so. I have context. Just imagine all the crap we DON'T see lol. For that matter, in all reality shows... That's why I love the feeds in Big Brother. We see what's actually happening. Well, except when something's going on in one room and they switch all the cameras to somebody that is sleeping.....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Back stories are fine, but it was Kellyanne, Kellyanne, Kellyanne, and almost the same convo over and over .... that was my take.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
No I agree on the KellyAnne deluge. But I'm assuming they have a reason. Maybe they wanted us to be as fed up with the drama as the cast is? Lol

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
All these years of watching the Challenge…I never have seen an episode that heavy with the leading to elimination. Totally not normal format.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking there might be a reason...or they had no other content for the drama section lol

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I'll probably give it another episode, maybe two, but I bet that episode lost them a lot of viewers.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Juju if you like all competition and no back story etc...try Physical:100 on Netflix. Its a South Korean reality competition.

One hundred contestants in top physical shape compete in a series of gruelling challenges to claim the honour -- and cash reward -- as the last one standing.

It's all physical challenges and very little story. Most of the contestants know OF each other because they are all famous athletes

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of Challenge USA is starting to film soon...if the rumors of who they cast are true...disappointed

"There are also rumors swirling that the pay offered for the show is creating issues as far as casting goes, with some individuals “getting too big for their britches"

So that might be part of the problem. I don't think people want to practically themselves for less than a certain amount. I can understand

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, SinceBB1. I am that one person in the USA who does not have Netflix, also don't have MTV or HBO or any other of the add-on subscription television channels, so that's why I don't follow a lot of the other threads here. Sometimes a show will get released on a different non-pay network, and I will watch back-seasons then.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You are definitely not the only one lol...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree that this episode really dragged! It seemed like it took them two eps to get through the usual 1 ep material. I hope they speed things along next time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am the only person in the Gulf South region that doesn't have Netflix. I have free Prime through my Amazon account, and free HBOMax because I have HBO via my Cox Cable. The only streaming service I actually pay for is Paramount+.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I never had any streaming services until covid. Because all the network shows had paused filming, there was nothing on that I wanted to watch. That's when I got hooked on all the various streaming services. There were multiple seasons of multiple shows that I could just binge watch. Now I really appreciate the original shows they have

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've been a netflix member since it first launched as a DVD mailing service. Netflix for life! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No Netflix for me!

I just have cable and HBO and Showtime/TMC and Paramount Plus during BB US season. Apparently I get HBO Max with HBO.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I got hooked on Zoom during COVID, and still had lots of shows I could and did watch.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Janelle posted that she had been in the process of appearing on The Challenge USA but it didn't work out. She had too much going on with multiple businesses and family to be away that long. Understandable

In all honesty, I don't think The Challenge is the right show for her at this point. It would be too physically challenging for her. She is not familiar with most of the players. She didn't know who Tori is. She hasn't watched any of the series in many years. Even AllStars 1 where the cast was a little older would have been arduous.