TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 31: Archive through March 17, 2023 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Shangela's performance was definitely entertaining last night. She really pulled out all the stops. Even grumpy Len had a big smile on his face the whole time and was so engrossed in the performance, he forgot to vote!

This was a great season! Very enjoyable.

Except for Tyra. She looked ridiculous again last night. When she came out in that second dress, hubby and I thought she looked like she'd pulled the curtains down (ala Carol Burnett) out of the window and wrapped it all around her. Her costume designers really must hate her. She looks terrible every week. At least she doesn't use that weird staccato voice when she talks anymore.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ahahaha we said same thing (Carol Burnett drapes), and did not look good when viewed from the side.

I loved this season. Both Len and now Cheryl going. Wondering if she will be considered for host or judge?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Shangela deserved at least 2nd! Gleb looked great in drag and that it only took 45 min was incredible!!

I think Shangie should host! she has quick comebacks and would be great!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I didn't even recognize Gleb. At first I thought it was three drag queens from Shangelas show lol

I would still lean towards a pro dancer/choreographer as a replacement for Tyra. I would like someone that comes from a place of knowledge. If not, I would literally prefer ANY past contestant to Tyra...except for Master P.. lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, forgot to say...I was so sad Derek and Hayley couldn't perform their Tommee Profitt and Fleurie‘s cover of “Chasing Cars", because Hayley insured her shoulder. Their previous performance on Michael Bublé Week was breathtaking!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since, I thought so too!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, it was great that Shangela made it to the finals, but you've gotta get the votes on this show to win. Charli's 150 million Tik Tok followers made her a shoe-in to win, especially since she was such a great dancer. That's just the way this show works.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, yes hard for anyone to compete with that following that is why from day 1 everyone called her the winner no matter how she danced

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
the only surprised in the finale show is that they didn't have someone step in to dance with Derek in place of his partner. Understudy? Just shows how much of the dance is not lead/follow or any of the pros could have stepped in.

I thought the final 4 order was likely correct from a technical standpoint, still I would have been happy to see Shangela rank higher. Fun season. Now just get rid of Tyra please.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, please. Tyra must and her ridiculous outfits must go.

Plus I forgot to mention how awesome Gleb was dressed in drag! He looked fabulous and was such a good sport about it. It made me like him so much more than I did before!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was reading this headline to my husband:

"Tyra Banks is worth an estimated $90 million, according to CelebrityNetWorth.com"

He said "Good, so she doesn't need the money and can quit DWTS" lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just came across an article about DWTS. It say they are considering replacing the whole crew, including the judges. Tyra too. They said they lost so many viewers they are even considering moving back to ABC. They said they need to get Oscar winner celebs....in short they are scrambling.

All they needed to do was NOT get rid of Tom and Erin replacing them with Tyra. If they get rid of Bruno, Carrie Ann and Derek...that will be the final straw.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6823733/dancing-with-stars-tyra-banks-replaced-new-host-producers/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think putting it on Disney is a major factor. If you don't have kids, why would you have Disney? And there's a lot of people, with kids, who can't afford Disney.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I loved the show but once they replaced Tom and Erin with Tyra, I was done. I don't love it that much. And why would I pay for Disney+ to watch ONE SHOW with a hostess I can't stand? It never made sense to me that they moved to Disney+ when their core audience is probably women over 40-50 years old. No one my age has Disney+.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
For the record, this 47 year old woman watches Disney+ WAY more than my 12 year old ... like WAY WAY more... so dont just make assumptions about who is and is not going to sign up for Disney+. And if it wasnt for the move, I would not have watched this season since I cut cable last year.

That said, I am one of those NOT immersed in DWTS so I would not subscribe for any service just to watch this show... unless it looked like worth watching a certain season and only then i likely would just subscribe for a month when the season was over and binge (that is what i do with Apple TV right now or other services where i do the 7 day trial)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't mean to offend you Legalboxer, but like I said I don't know anyone personally who has Disney+. The only Disney movie I have watched in the last 50 years is The Lion King.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have Disney +, but I think moving this family friendly show to a subscriber service was a huge mistake. People resent having to pay for something that used to be free to them. Not to mention the host, and then all the problems I had streaming live through comcast. I wish they would move it back to network TV.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Grooch, Disney plus is way more than just for kids. Their Star Wars series are reason enough for many to get it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, also the Marvel Universe, which my 22 year old son is really into. We watch a lot of stuff together. "Wandavision," "Loki," "The Mandalorian" were all excellent, and I wouldn't call any of those children's programs.

We get Disney+ through our Hulu subscription. We've had it for a couple of years.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Not to mention Disney+ has The Greatest Showman, Hamilton, all seasons of Alias, all the espn and National Geographic documentaries, tons of throw back 80s/90s movies.

Baby yoda is why I subscribed, the thousands of other movies, shows, documentaries and “behind the scenes” videos are why I stay and check it almost daily for anything new.

Oh and the SHORTS! I never thought I would see the 6 minute mastery of Piper since seeing it in the theater when we saw Finding Dory..but bam! Disney+ had it…and all the other Pixar shorts! (It did win the Oscar for best short animated film - that’s how good it is.)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Oh yes! all of that! Baby Yoda(Grogu) is why I started watching Mandolorian, that was my gateway into star wars universe

I got to meet Grogu and Mando at Disneyland last week, it was so cool!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
OOh Pamy! I've seen them on instagram pics. It looks so cool! I want to meet them.

I want to watch the documentary about Micke Mouse that I think may be out now (or soon) on Disney plus.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2022 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten that we also signed up for Disney+ to watch "Hamilton." Great show!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
https://www.thewrap.com/tyra-banks-dancing-with-the-stars-host-exit/
Guess who is NOT coming back as a host on DWTS this season? Miss Tyra won't be gracing the dance floor. Now I am off to read this article.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
So Alphonso will be the solo host?