TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 12, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: World Championship: Archive through March 12, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thought I would start a new thread since there seems to be some of us that are posting. Maybe mods can transfer over comments too?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow starts The Challenge: World Championship!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There will be only one episode on MTV but two are dropping on Paramount+ and then one episode a week on PP.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I was going to start a new thread, but wasn't sure if anyone was going to watch, because of that

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping to watch... thinking I'll sign up for ParamountPlus for awhile at least.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
T-Mobile is giving a year free subscription ends today... And Walmart members get a month free...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks... unfortunately neither of those help me. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Darn...was hoping. If you Google special prices on Paramount plus subscription You get a bunch of codes you can try for a free month...like SCHOOLSPIRITS etc.

PP also has a year for I think it's $49 with commercials? Right now I get mine through Amazon $5.99 a month ($72 a year) without commercials which is less than directly thru PP which would be $120 a year. I'm not sure if I got a special back when I got it?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think I saw a special for $5/month with commercials... a little less if you pay for the full year - $50.00.

I can live with commercials for the half price deal. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oooh thanks for the info about TMobile! I got signed up for my free year! YAY!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was chatting with someone on Twitter and she has PP through Amazon and she doesn't have The Challenge World whatever it is called available to her on PP yet. I had this same issue when Criminal Minds Evolution came out so I had canceled my subscription via Amazon and signed up directly via PP. Sometime after I signed up directly with PP did Amazon offer Criminal Minds Evolution on PP.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's weird...so far I've gotten everything OK with PP thru Amazon. Challange World is on there. Episode one and two are there to watch right now. We will see.

The only issue I've had has been AMC+. pulled episode 7 of Mayfair Witches on Amazon/AMC+ . I don't understand this nonsense where they are pulling episodes or series from valid subscriptions. But if This turns out to be a thing now... I'll have to subscribe directly.

Karuuna, $49.95 for one year with commercials with PP+ is their regular price. So you can take your time to sign up.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I apparently have had Paramount Plus economy program for almost a year, after my half price full-strength Paramount Plus subscription ran out last year. Looks like I pay $49 a year, and I do have commercials, but not the full load of them I get on NBC's Peacock. I have noticed I can't take a very long break when the Paramount/CBS commercials are playing and make it back before the show resumes. I also cannot watch live television with the economy package as I could with full-strength. I think I found a way to change my time zone so I was getting shows like Survivor and Big Brother live on my computer in eastern time, and that was kind of cool.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 09, 2023 - 3:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
back to the actual show...

omg, kellyanne is not going to last with all that paranoia... and i feel sorry for the Argentina team... hopefully more of them do stay around.. i am disappointed Paramount Plus is showing Challenge UK and Australia so we can see the backstory if we want to, but isnt showing Challenge Argentina.. is it really that hard to subtitle???? geesh... not necessarily racist but totally a sign of European-centric English people in production.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 09, 2023 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched all three hours tonight on Paramount Plus with commercials in about 2.5 hours.

The first segment was REALLLLLLY slow, for me at least, since the only one of the legends I had ever heard of was Kaycee from Big Brother. Kellyanne is certainly getting a villain's edit, but I am under the impression she stays because they showed previews at the end of the two-hour show with her in them, but that might have been previous footage from other competitions.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to grasp how they divided these people up into two groups (I have only seen the first episode - will watch the second tonight). It's not making much sense to me. They have Ben in with the Champions but he was medically disqualified in his season.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Juju - the second episode did leave me hanging thinking who will Joanna pick - to the point where i rewound it to see if i had slept through anything or not.

I question some of the legends being picked for this competition BUT it likely just was who was available and willing at that time....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So my understanding of the two groups is that the legends are people who have done multiple prior challenge seasons. (Mostly USA and from MTV, with a few exceptions like Kaycee).

The teams, USA in particular -- those were from the "celebrity" challenge season that aired on network TV (Not mtv). It had people from BB, Survivor, Love Island, etc. So all of them have only been on one season, but they did very well (and two were the winners - the NFL guy and the lady cop). Now for UK, and Aus, and Argentine, I can only guess that those are players from recent or single seasons as they likely don't have decades of shows to pick winners from. But I'm fuzzy on the UK, Aus, Arg shows, so hopefully someone else knows more.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm caught up on the 3 hours as well and so bummed that they didn't show us the elimination round! Do we know when this show drops. Is it going to be one ep a week?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Brenda. But that doesn't explain why Ben (from Survivor) is on the Champions side and not the Legends side. I *get* that he made the finals, but he was medically disqualified. He didn't win so why do they consider him a "champion?" Has he played more than one time? Has he won another season that I'm not aware of?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
He's a champion because he made it to the finals, and he's new to the game, so clearly not a "legend". He was on the celebrity Challenge, not on the "real" MTV Challenge. I don't believe the Champions are all "winners". But likely "finalists".

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, at first the way they grouped them was confusing for sure. Also, I either misunderstood, or CBS mislead me in to thinking that the World Challenge was going be the winners of many countries Challenges. When in effect it was just FOUR countries. So of course they had to select from other categories they created.

Justine was great, and it was her first time on Challenge USA, because previously she was on Love Island. But she QUIT in the finale. I wouldn't have expected to see anyone that quit. So there are some sketchy picks. I think it really was about, who was available and who accepted.

Now, further confusing to me...is how one country can pick another country to represent their counties team. Huh? Lol

I am enjoying that Bananas and Wes are on...if only CT would have accepted. I really would have loved to see them together one last time.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have never watched any of the MTV Challenge shows, because I have never watched MTV.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, that is also confusing me about what countries they are playing for. Are the "legends" playing for the country of the champion that picked them? We are two episodes in and it literally makes no sense because it is so confusing... LOL

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Yes they are playing for the country they are teamed up with. But remember at the end, there is only one individual (team) winner.

The legends were brought in to support the others….they are not there to represent the USA or UK (or wherever someone else from the legends are from)