TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 18, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: MTV Challenge - Ride or Die: Archive through February 18, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I remember years ago in an interview, they were saying, they figured out it was better to suffer the consequences of making themselves puke it out right away. Someone kept it down and then had explosive diarrhea for the rest of the finale. Lesser of two evils I guess? Lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, there's no way you'd want to digest that stuff. I wonder if they practice how to make themselves get rid of it before they go on the show. It's just a horrible task in so many ways. On the USA one they had to eat a whole onion?! That would have done so much damage to my body! I can't even have an onion touch my hamburger or I'm in intestinal distress.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Interview with Olivia by Tori and Annesa. 1st of all Tory apologized to Olivia because she said she felt it was her fault because she gave Olivia and Horatio the penalty so that each had to go twice lol

Olivia described how her nerve was hanging out of her finger. How they tried to clean it but by the time they got to the tires it had ripped open again.

Anessa said she ripped her finger open too with the carabiner and she was bleeding also. Jordan told her to suck it up. They commented how all the Smoothie mugs had blood on them. So it was extra disgusting. Aneesa said she was afraid of getting her finger more infected because when they did the tire challenge all the dirt and soot was going into her finger. Olivia commented about that too.

Olivia said when they took her to the hospital it was hard for her. The doctors spoke broken English. Her translater tried to do their best. She said at 1st they told her she had a bruised nose...lol. After that they told her that they need to operate right away because they only had 3 days before the bones started setting.

She said...no offense to the doctors over there...but I just wanted to get home to the States and go to a doctor near my home.

She got a flight back and they arranged for her to go see a doctor in her city. She said they told her to do the exact opposite. They said you should not have anybody touch that for the next 6 months. You have to wait for the swelling to go down to see what's going on. She says so they gave me the opposite advice.

Then she described that she had broken 5 different places... She broke her nose her orbital bone her cheek bone she said tge crack went from her nose to her ear...and two others... I can't remember because at that point I was starting to get lightheaded from the description.

She had double vision for 2 months and she was worried about how her nose would look esthetically. She apologized for being vain...lol I was thinking that's perfectly natural to worry about. They all commented on the EMT. Olivia was asking how her nose looked. The EMT answered that she had blue eyes and she was pretty. They all were laughing about that answer. At the time I said what kind of a response was that?

Turned out she didn't have to have any extensive surgery. She does have scar on her forehead. She is getting laser for that, and she is thankful that you cannot tell by looking at her what happened. She said however she can put her fingers on her nose and it makes crunching sound still..that's when I got light headed again lol

Both Aneesa and Tori said that Olivia was as good as any veteran. They gave her and Horatio much admiration.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I waslooking at the ball in the harness and could see it was in wrong, it was forward and lower, so the force it could hit the top and spin it backward. I think she did not place it right because of her finger and hurrying.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Wow...what a great season and great finale this was! Poor Olivia double black eyes! What wonderful winners were Tori and Derek! Sharing their money with the other 6 contestants! Two of who were not even in the finale! Just so nice of them

I hope they do this theme again...where they come on the show paired up with their choice of partner.

I can't wait for the reunion show...looks like Turbo is going to cause drama...again

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
TJ said Nany had a big change this season - i saw the biggest change in Johnny... never seen him this caring about others...

As much as I wanted Anessa to win, so happy for Tori and Devin. Couldnt think of a better group of four teams in the finale - even Olivia and Horatio were so supportive of the other three teams in just knowing them a few weeks... they all wanted to win but not a single sign of resentment or cutthroat antics among any of those final four teams.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, this was a very enjoyable show (I haven't watched it in many, many years.) So glad for the winners. Can't wait for the reunion!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine who has watched The Challenge since the beginning told me Anessa has been on the show 19 times and has only won a total of about $30,000. This may be "her job" but she's not very successful at it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sure they get a stipend for the time they spend on the show?

And she's now more than doubled her winnings.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Stipend apparently varies from $1000/week for newbies to $3000-$5000/week for veterans.

That's a pretty good paycheck.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It wasn't clear to me if they were gifting each other person 38K or each other team. Either way, I hope it's MTV that's cutting these checks out to each person. I'm always thinking of the tax liability. LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought it was each person, I was doing the math in my head... 6 x $38,000.... LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Just rewatched, Devin clearly says we are going to give "every single person standing there $38,000".

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So the two winners get about 385K each, minus taxes, so not a bad haul!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they did okay. And they were generous too... to me, that was the best thing about the finale.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, it's always a pleasure to see gracious winners. And gracious losers. And yes, to acknowledge that they relied on the other teams to get to the finale is great.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 17, 2023 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just saw:

Paramount+ announced Wednesday that The Challenge: World Championship will premiere in the United States and Canada with back-to-back episodes on March 8. This marks the franchise's first-ever world tournament, in which each global MVP will be paired with a Challenge legend from one of the previous seasons of the MTV series. The pairs will work together towards a $500,000 grand prize.

Tori, Bananas, Jordan, Kaycee are all coming back. And Wes too among others!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 17, 2023 - 3:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is it going to be a total grand prize of $500K to be split among the pair or $500K each? Remember Tyson said they didn't know they would have to split the $500K. They thought both people that crossed the finish line would each win $500K.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 17, 2023 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hate that some of these are only on Paramount+ now. I may have to break down and subscribe.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 17, 2023 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Not happy about paramount plus either. I'm tired of getting nickel and dimed with subscriptions!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 17, 2023 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kar, I have Paramount+ and I have to tell you I really do like it and don't mind paying for it. Technically, it is the only streaming network I pay for since I have Prime free through my Amazon account and HBO+ which I haven't watched in a year for free because I have HBO through Cox Cable.

Not only does P+ have the Yellowstone prequels, but I found that if I miss a show on CBS I can go to P+ and watch it without having to deal with On Demand where I can't FF through anything. I also discovered that I can watch the first 37 seasons of The Challenge that I missed because P+ also carries MTV shows as well as CBS shows.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 17, 2023 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Lexie! I think it also has Picard? Which I would also enjoy watching.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 17, 2023 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I asked myself the same...from the wording, 500k total...but I can't see the veterans being ok with half. Especially Wes. Heck, I can't see Wes being ok with anything less than 1 mil lol

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I don’t know. I think the vets are used to having the amount differ season by season

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, but the big dogs usually don't compete if they know the prize is lower. It's possible that they get some additional sign‐on compensation from the network

I'm confused about the Global roster though. I was under the impression that it was between the winners of all the different countries that come together and compete in a Global Challenge?

I see they have, in addition to the winners Danny and Sarah, Ben and Justine. That was Justine's first challenge and she quit. Ben was removed due to injury. Australia lists two other contestants in addition to the winners. So it's not just winners. They are now calling them MVPs.

The Legends are supposed to guide and help the MVP they are paired up with, win. Some reservations about labeling some of those on the list as "Legends" lol

I thought all countries were competing together. They haven't listed anyone from the UK or Argentina. So wondering if they're not going to all compete directly against each other. Maybe the winners of UK and Argentina compete against winners of Australia and US?

Kudos to those that are doing back to back seasons!