TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 03, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: MTV Challenge - Ride or Die: Archive through February 03, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know why this has turned in to a debate about what you like...they got rid of the skull twist because it didn't work. You and anyone else have the right to like what you want.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The interview was after those two seasons had aired, and after they dropped it. TJ still thought it was his favorite twist, because it forced people into elimination, that's my point. He doesn't like skaters (nor do I). It's fine if you think that building big alliances is a good way to play, however. I find it a bit boring.

I only posted those interviews because you said you hadn't read any opinions that supported the skull twist, and thought you must have missed that TJ did like it.

It's just a discussion (to me), not a debate. Sharing information and viewpoints. That's all. You don't have to agree with me either. Or TJ. . Please don't take it any other way.

No one's right or wrong about how it should be done. We just have preferences. Some twists work, some don't. I hope they continue to mix it up to make it more interesting. To me. You may not.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
TJ himself in that same season got highly upset because the guys that were hanging off the cargo net suspended from helicopter decided they didn't have to waste their energy or possibly injury in order to win. They would just go into elimination. TJ got so pissed he (I forgot exactly) nullified some of the guys votes.

I liked the idea, as did others, I did not like what it did to the game

The players had figured out how to outsmart the twist. There were a couple other ways they circumvented the twist....I'd have to go back and refresh my memory about the others.

They put that twist in per TJs request, because he didn't want players to skate to the end. They also took it out per TJs request. Great idea, bad execution.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think everyone liked the idea...but I think almost everyone did not care for what it did to the game. The players are too savvy. They figure out a way around the rules....

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I had no problem with the skull twist. Whatever set up, players will find ways around it. And we don’t know if it’s totally gone..only two seasons have passed and if you look, they frequently change the formats season by season, jumping between team and individual, who is on it, how you get to the finals or elimination etc. they go retro to old formats etc…and I haven’t seen anything saying it’s completely gone. If someone can share a link where TJ requested it be removed, that would be great since I haven’t found anything. And googling skulls/challenge I find both sides to keeping it/getting rid of it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Legal. I liked the year that vets were paired with rookies. I thought that made for a more interesting dynamic.

I still think they need a way to require an elimination, to undo the picking off of rookies, but pairing with rookies works for me too. The vets always come in with large alliances because they know each other. The rookies don't know each other until they get there, they don't even know who else will be there, and it takes awhile to figure the game out and how to play it. Pairing with a vet gives them some education in the way the game is played and protects them for awhile.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I like the idea that you have to earn your way into the finale. I like the way it was on the USA version. Either win the weekly comp, or win an elimination. But I'm new to the Challenge on MTV. I think the last time I watched Theo Von was on. LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't know what Michelle was thinking with those nominations. I liked the team that was eliminated.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Lexie! All she did was make herself a bigger target, instead of using it as an opportunity to make allies (except for Johnny, but he'll throw her under the bus any time it makes sense).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, those picks were mind boggling. I like that team and I think they'll be going into elimination all the time now. I can't say I like the team that won the elimination. The lady really rubbed me the wrong way.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Laurel has always been a rather unpopular cast member. She's hard to warm up to.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
OK, good to know that about Laurel. I feel better now disliking her. LOL.
And wow, mind blown -- I read that Johnny Bananas and Genevieve from Bach in Paradise had a hookup?! He's way too old for her and I can't believe he would put up with her neediness. I guess that's why it was a blip. But so crazy how these reality people intermingle.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that is good to know. Now I also don't feel so bad about disliking Laurel.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I literally fell asleep during the challenge in the zone. Who went home last night?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The underdogs voted in Faysal, and some issue with Jordan promising Faysal he wouldn't vote for him, then saying that Tori threatened him if he did vote for Faysal, so, he voted for Faysal.

Then Moriah could have tied up the vote with Faysal/Nelson (it was 3-2), but she was afraid that would put her team in jeopardy, so she threw away a vote on Chauncey, sending Faysal in.

In the draw, Chauncey pulled the safe dagger and saved Bananas, so that sent Nelson in. (and ticking Faysal off, but we all know that he has played the game to his own benefit often enough).

And Nelson went home. :-(

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar... I started getting sick last night and I tried to stay awake but the last five minutes did me in... LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Aw, I hope you feel better today!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jordan is a beast! He competed in 3, back to back, physically obliterating eliminations. This guy never gives up mentally. He even inspired Aneesa.

I loved the bus filled with balls challenge. I was cracking up the whole time. when I wasn't getting slightly nauseous. Watching other people throw up makes me feel like imitating them lol I want to know if they washed down the balls and the interior of the bus in-between? Yuk!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I know. I had the same question. It could have taken an hour or more to clean that bus. But if they didn't wash each ball, then SO gross.

And yes, I find myself rooting for Jordan. What a comp beast! And Aneesa is so tough too.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OMG Olivia is a tough ass! She is drinking disgusting smoothies as medics are cleaning her finger wound.

When Devin and Tori were doing the bola-throwing competition I commented to my husband, how they should have those rubber tube encasing over the carabiner clip. To prevent getting your finger from getting caught in there, and possibly twisting it or breaking it. Turns out much worse happened.

First thing out of my mouth on the slingshot challenge as they were putting on their helmets was, how are those helmets going to protect them? They only covered the top of their heads. What happens if it gets caught in the slingshot and gets hurled back at them? I was remembering the infamous slingshot with the watermelon on The Amazing Race, years ago. The girl got the whole watermelon shot back at her face. This was a golf ball. It could kill you.

No sooner did I utter the words...that they should have an acrylic face mask and a "breastplate" cover of sorts, in order to prevent injury, should the ball return...then wham. It happened.

There was Olivia, blood still streaming from her finger and now gushing from her nose, covering her body...saying she didn't want to quit.

Poor Horatio begging to finish. Volunteering to do both contestants work. I hate when people go out on injuries. Even worse when the other person gets eliminated too. Horacio and Olivia will definitely be asked back!

Olivia was right. If the ball had hit anywhere else...she could have lost her eye, her teeth, her life.

The Challenge safety department needs to up their game. If I can, from my sofa at home, see obvious very small ways to make the challenges safer...

Although many challenges they do are inherently dangerous. They could at least make an effort to make the equipment itself, as safe as possible.

Kudos to those contestants this season who were newbies, went up against the veteran beasts...and held their own!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
You said it all so well. It was a horrifying injury and yes, I flashed back to the watermelon in the face. They should be behind a shield of some sort. She's so lucky she wasn't more badly injured.
I read in an article that her finger was cut to the bone, and a nerve was dangling, so it's probably good she was sent to the hospital as I'm sure it needed more repairs too. Yikes. The slingshot thing is so dangerous!!

And heartbreaking to lose Horatio in such a way. He so earned his spot in the finale!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also instantly flashed back to the watermelon incident. I hated seeing them going out like that.

I love the challenges and the final, but I can do without the drinking/eating of foul things. I have to FF them puking their guts up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I'm with you. Even TJ said "I hate this part"... well, tell them not to do this!

I really worry about them becoming excessively dehydrated after all that vomiting, and severe exertion.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also worry about them becoming excessively dehydrated. The challenges are a workout in themselves without having to get dehydrated.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It is so gross. And the quantity is designed to make them puke. It's just way too much! And then their clothes would reek too. yuck.