TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through November 02, 2022 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 12, 2022 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sea, you raise a good point. It's not like Matt and Caryn were around as much, since they spend a fair amount of time in Arizona.

And yes, the shows I think not only egg people on, but also edit selectively. We all know that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it seems to me Tori and Zach probably "need" the show the most. I'm sure Amy is financially set, plus she has her fudge and cookbooks and I think still does speaking engagements. Matt has the farm he can sell off to retire. So I think the show is much of Zach's income. (How influencers make money is still a mystery to me, but if Tori is no longer on TV, not sure how long she can expect to remain an influencer and grow that.)

Matt has always been selfish, impulsive, and all about the business -- his business. I just don't see him as mean. Nor Caryn, who gets a lot of hate online.

It makes me happy whenever I see Jacob on insta at Amy's or at Matt's. I always enjoyed him on the show when he was a kid and it's fun to see him grown up and happy with a wife and kid.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually on most of the TLC instagrams Tori is getting the most hate, then Zach, then Caryn.

Matt also is on Cameo, not sure what his price is. Amy may be as well.

Some poster stated that Amy took less for her part of the farm when Matt bought her out, BECAUSE she expected that in the end it would go to the kids, but now it is being sold off. Matt is making payments to Amy, so she didn't get a lump chuck of money. (the part about the payments was said on the show at some point.

Jacob probably has bad feelings about the show, as he sued them for money he said they didn't pay and was molested by someone in production. He was the unlucky youngest child and looked to Mike Detloff as a father figure and unfortunately, Mike passed away when Jacob was really vulnerable. I remember Matt and Amy were preparing for a bit gathering and Matt had torn up the flooring so there was drama and when Mike went into the hospital Amy rushed over and Matt would not go, so that was pretty sad.

Isabel says she and Jacob grew up not far apart but met later and bonded over their individual hurts but she seems like someone who is growing and introspective and very articulate and I'm happy for both of them. I also enjoy seeing them on Insta and have interacted in a small way, just with comments that she has answered.

Matt posted another picture with his parents yesterday and they really look good. And from the comments, Matt has local fans there and Cameo fans there too. Someone started bashing Zach and Tori there and other poster said that Matt blocks most of those.

I think Amy just ignores hers, because she gets so many comments, most good but many are still scolding her for not supporting Matt and bashing Chris as "weird" which I don't understand because Chris seems like a lovely person.

Karuuna, yes! the editing along with the egging on..

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Poor Amy, seems that Zach and Tori don’t want to do Christmas stuff with her?? And why do we think Ember, Jeremy, Audrey etc we’re not at Lilah’s party? I thought The twins were close. No? Having cousins so close in age, I assumed Jackson and Ember would be close.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I kind of think selfish IS mean when it comes to family. But maybe that's just me?

I'm sad for Tori, she's such a wonderful mom, it's awful that she is getting hated on.

Seamonkey, early on, Jacob was in a very bad accident with their pumpkin launcher (head injury I believe)... I can't remember the details. But I'm sure he has lots of reasons to have bad feelings about the show, starting with that! He was just a kid!

Julie, I think they relented and were just going to do christmas day? They could invite Amy and Chris for a day... most families do *something* with the grandparents for the holiday. That said, I understand them wanting to start their own traditions. That's perfectly okay. I think Amy was just surprised.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the trebuchet, which also hit Mike.

Amy definitely was surprised. They did mention Christmas day. Matt was always going to Arizona.

I am thinking that because the birthday celebration was televised is why Jeremy and Jacob were not there, and the drive.

We didn't have any relatives close enough for birthdays and at Christmas my mom called the youngest kids in the family card, so everyone was invited and some years more came. One year we had both grandmothers, aunt & uncle, 2 sets of great aunt and uncles and an older cousin.

Our film crew was my dad and his movie camera.

I was a bit surprised at their decision but it is theirs to make.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't think the twins are that close. Word is that Jeremy's wife doesn't like Tori and blames her for driving the boys apart.

the Christmas thing was sad and more passiveness from Zach. Of course a family is free to make their own traditions, but spending time with Grandma is also important. So it clearly looked like they were fine with blowing off Grandma rather than suggesting a time that worked for them. It was a very sad sack "I guess we can see you on christmas". Ugh.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it would be nice if we could all navigate family things with the expertise of those looking on, but the truth is, all the pent up emotions and years of unresolved struggles get in the way.

I will say it was AWFUL that they used Jackson to tell Matt they were moving.

We used to have a saying in practice: "we all regress around our families." It's so true.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Regressing. Yes, that really seems to be part of it. I recall not really liking Zach much when they were kids. He often seemed mopey and pouty and passive. Those traits seem to come out a lot lately in his dealings with family members. And I'm thinking it likely impacted his relationship with his brother.

Jeremy just bought a small farm near his wife's parents. Not sure how close that is to the Roloff farm. But each kid seems to be putting down solid roots elsewhere.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jeremy first approached Matt about the section of the farm that they thought was available, before Zach did, and that did not go well.

I stopped following Jeremy quite some time ago, I guess when he and Audrey set themselves up as marriage experts not long after they got married, so I don't see much of them.

Amy has posted cute pictures of the kids together, but not many and I'm sure with permission.

I wonder where their farm is? Seems like none of the three sons has rejected living on land.. as in no one has moved to a big city to live in a high rise.

Jacob and Isabel at first lived in a van but seem to have some sort of home with Mateo.

Molly, no idea.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jeremy’s property is in the Hillsboro area. So, not far from the Roloff farm.

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/news/little-people-big-world-jeremy-audrey-roloff-make-major-property-purchase/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
i don't really follow Jeremy and Audrey either. Found her to be holiar-than-thou and didn't warm to her. It's amazing to me that people will follow marriage advice from newlyweds. But I guess their books have been a success.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
That article has both sons named Bode. Which one is abode and what’s the name of the other son?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Radley Knight Roloff. Per Jeremy's Instagrem.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
So together, the boys are Boo Radley? (Kind of a stretch)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So it looks like Matt is now concentrating on Jacob and posting in a way to shame the other sons. Jacob and Isabel were guests in Arizona, flown down and back and today Matt posted about a wonderful job Jacob did that apparently solved a problem they had for years, which doesn't make too much sense why Matt didn't have it done long ago, but Jacob is now the golden son.

(Nothing against Jacob, just that Matt seems to be pitting them against each other in a public forum so that the internet trolls can bash the other sons)

Chris and Amy returned from a motorcycle trip to Canada.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I would have liked to have known if the other kids were at Amy and Chris’ for Christmas. Or if they did anything with Matt. Have they all left Matt??

What is Molly’s relationship with A and with M and with her brothers?

I don’t know if this was week was a dull episode, but I was kinda bored with it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They may have visited Amy but it would not be on the show. None of the kids are on the show now.

Molly and husband came for Amy's wedding and seem friendly with everyone. They have a child. Amy (and Chris) has visited them too. She and Molly were enjoying cooking together on Instagram. I think Isabel was on Instagram with Amy, too.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2022 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Matt was in Phoenix for Christmas. ANd yes I see all the kids visit Amy at different times on her insta.

And agreed -- last weeks ep was a bore. This show may have run its course. I do enjoy the parts with Amy and Chris because of their chemistry. And I do enjoy the little kids. But Zach and Tory just seem bored themselves!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I have deleted this from my DVR schedule, Zach is cocky, Amy keeps complaining about Chris being friendly with Matt. She has a silver fox....move on for the love of Pete.She is so friggin negative and lucky to have Chris imo.
With the high cost of medical care I do not see how Zach and Tory can afford all the bills for their children. Such cute kids but...do you need ore with the high probability of issues ?

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
This show has jumped its shark… it’s so boring now. Zach and Tori are incredibly entitled. And big babies. But I do like the way they parent (at least what is shown) except for them having Jackson tell Matt they were moving. If Amy doesn’t like to hang out with Matt and Caryn, then why does she?? ($$ I am assuming, because it is definitely footage used for the show). I wish she had been more chill when talking to Matt about the whole Zach debacle. And I feel she would be the key to getting Zach and Tori to be more zen to Matt. I would find it interesting if they would get the other kids’ opinions be known…

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
i'm still recording, but yes it's turning into kind of a bore. The best parts and Chris and Matt hanging out, and then Tori's kids who are so cute.

I'm really not sure they are going to be able to squeeze another season out of this show. I guess we'll see next year!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jeremy and Audrey are not on camera, but had the same issues with wanting to buy part of the farm.

Not sure of the current day situation but apparently a farm was put on the market very close to Roloff Farms, with a newer home and for quite a bit less money, while Matt's property was still on the market for $4 million. That could have changed, and both twins have bought other properties.

Last from Amy on Instagram she and Chris were in Italy with several other couples. Sounded like a nice trip.

Izzy and Jacob's son is 9 months old now.

Jackson started kindergarten.

But all that is from instagram, not the actual show.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
OMG this show is making me so bummed out.
1. Featuring just the three couples is boring.
2. Zach and Tori come off as unbelievably entitled. (Like was Matt supposed to give Zach a super good deal? What about the other siblings? Would love to know their opinion.) They don’t even have to work. And WHY? Because of all that Matt did that got them the farm and show in the first place.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Personally, I found Matt to be more, or at least equally, at fault. He lead them to believe that he wanted the farm to stay in the family, and then asked for MORE than he bought it from Amy. He wanted to make a profit off his own kids? Why didn't he offer that amount to Amy then?

Matt is the one that's self entitled. He thinks everyone should dance to his drum.