TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Special Forces (on Fox)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Special Forces (on Fox) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 06, 2023Sincebb125 01-06-23  6:37 pm
Archive through January 12, 2023Karuuna25 01-12-23  9:34 am
Archive through February 17, 2023Karuuna25 02-17-23  6:55 pm
Archive through September 26, 2023Sincebb125 09-26-23  11:59 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the arm band is your number.

Tara Reid, I think they will want to play her up as a survivor, but she is her own worst enemy. They seem to be bending over backward for her. She looks totally out of it all the time. Does she get Drug breaks? Having her on it, makes me think this show is fake. I can't imagine her running. That is a shame, last year when the chef quit, I thought that made it more real. Maybe he just did not want to play.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Some of these people...why they went on this show, is more than I can understand, Lol. I figured Tara was either going to quit or be medically evacuated. I don't know if Angela is going to tough it out.

Jack is amazing. JoJo is impressive. Actually they all are doing great. The freezing water was making me cringe. They said this year was going to be tougher. They weren't kidding

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I bet Tara isn’t 90 pounds so she was right about the back pack. She was probably carrying half her weight. She always seemed like she just woke up, even during a challenge. I really wanted to see more of her and Blac China, too bad.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree with Tara. I understand in the military you are carrying gear, and it weighs what it weighs. but to make this more fair for civilians who have not gone through training to be fit, the weight should be a percentage of your own body weight. They do this on The Challenge to make it more fair for the women.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The backpacks are all 30 pounds.

I felt bad that they didn't let Dez unquit. I think he would have benefited by going thru the program.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought they were 45 lbs.
Yes, I felt bad for Dez too, but really his tantrum was over the top. I think they'd set a bad precedent by letting him rejoin after that quit. He really blew an opportunity here.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
not surprised about Dez's outburst but disappointed he left. Was hoping for some redemption

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
How could they take him back, though.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/special-forces-world-toughest-test-020143480.html

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That article is incorrect. Insubordinates often get a second chance, but they do have to complete some kind of penalty - like cleaning all the latrines.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I'm pretty sure I heard 30 lbs, but I could be wrong.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I am not there, so I cannot judge the article. I'm sure, as we know from BB, that a ton of stuff is edited out for the actual TV show.

If those packs are 30 pounds they must be filled with awfully light stuff. I wonder if they really carry the same packs that would hold all the items they are issued or if they just have identical weight packs for each of them.

I can certainly see how a very short and small person would be at a disadvantage for some of the treks, climbs and competitions. Being myself 4'11" just in the everyday world I have to walk faster to keep up. That is ok when my knees are ok. Not so much when they are not. I wouldn't need the same size of clothing or even a sleeping bag as a guy who is all buffed up and 6'5". And if I had to wear the same size clothing that would actually trip me up.

But.. they all had to sign contracts that I'm sure detailed what was expected and if that was a 30 pound pack, 50 or whatever, they signed up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This is from last year, but it says 30 pounds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11677657/Special-Forces-Worlds-Toughest-Test-Hannah-Brown-successfully-completes-military-exercises.html

From friends of mine in the military, they all carry the same weight, regardless of their size. What we think is "fair" is not the same as carrying everything you need in a military situation.

and 30 pounds is a lot lighter than real military rucks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just found a site that says special forces rucks are said to be 50 pounds but some of the forces say they can run higher in reality.

The military has been kind of forced to include women in recent (decades, but recent) years, but not without resisting it. One of my work friends in the 80s had been in the Marines, as had been her husband, so they were a very military family. She had two daughters and was over the moon when one of them was recruited to the Air Force Academy as an athlete (she was a star tennis player in high school) They were so excited but even with some special athlete perks, like athlete table at dinner and such, the hazing and harrassment was so bad toward the women at that time (sometime between 1973-1980) and with no support, she left the academy.

I wonder how many women or smaller men actually are allowed to serve as special forces?

And traditionally, the one size fits all stance of the military could hurt anyone a bit larger than average. My older cousin, Jim, was in the Army during the Korean war and he was tall (though not THAT tall, but taller than the average guy in the 50s) and they didn't have boots that were big enough for his feet and he had injuries that he had for life after that. They also did dental work on him and yanked out his wisdom teeth, but his roots were wrapped around his jawbone and he was injured, developed osteomyelitis and had to get dentures at a young age, long before he passed at age 66 from lung cancer.. yeah he already smoked and kept it up but the free cigarettes probably didn't help.

So the military isn't fair but the show could have made some revisions without destroying the value of the show (IMO, of course)

Anyway even more kudos to Hannah Brown for her accomplishment.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 05, 2023 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Everyone gets the same calories too. So the larger people are at a disadvantage. Cameron had to carry his backpack and Tara's.

Jack Osbourne has a series on Travel Channel Sunday, October 1 at 10 p.m.

“Jack Osbourne’s Night of Terror.” "Jack will be joined by friends and family - including his mother Sharon who had a scary encounter during production - as he visits spooky historical locations known for their paranormal activity"

Remember how Sharon was taken to ER, and they wouldn't say what happened? This was it. Jack said she lost consciousness and stopped breathing. Her electrolytes, everything went haywire. Later she was fine. They have no idea what happened. BOO!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dropping like flies.. and quitting ahead of a challenge..

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
it felt like more then three left this week...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, so many quitters and it felt like so early. Why did they even come on this show?

That fall into water -- I don't think I could do it. But I would never sign up for a show like this. LOL. Looks so terrifying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah,I hate having water go up my nose.. A lifelong hate. I could swim but I wore a nose plug that squeezed the nostrils and kept water out. I loved swimming around underwater looking around (obviously not in the ocean). My mom hated the nose plug.. but she also hated glasses and to me they just helped me to see.

So.. The height, going over backwards, water in my nose.. No! And could I keep my body straight, probably not. And I am pretty sure I would hurt my back.

If I was a celeb thinking about this show I would be training, hiking with heavy backpack, and not just swimming but falling in like that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
And in the dark too, Seamonkey.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The first season, the celebs said they had no idea the show was going to be as arduous as it turned out to be. I remember them saying they were told it was going to be a show with comps, not even as bad as that "Help, Im a Celebrity,Get Me Out of Here". They were all completely shocked at the what it turned out to be.

Fast forward to season 2...they knew exactly what they were signing up for. The Staff has been noticeably less verbally attacking them. Yet, half the crew quit already, and not because of physical injuries, as with last season...and in the first 2 days. Heck, Jamie Lynn quit right off the bat, with excuse she missed her kids. They film for 10 days. I agree with the cast left, when they were in the jeep coming home and they looked at each other and laughed, saying they had gotten all the "weak" people out, and now the competition really begins.

I was surprised that JoJo did poorly on the backwards water dive. Being a dancer she has the strongest core of any of them. Just goes to show...this show is mostly mental. I expect her to make it to the final comps.

It seems, those that are the quietest, are the most focused. Gotta grudgingly admit, Sandoval is doing well. I expected Tyler to go the distance. Nick, I wasn't sure but he is also surprising me. Actually, everyone left, so far, are the ones I expected to go the end...barring any injuries.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Viall has surprised me too. He seems restrained when I think he can be mouthy. So I'm impressed. I feel like the rest can go far at this!

And yes, the "staff" seems to be a bit more gentle in the one on one meetings in the shed. But at the activities they are still kind of mean.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My least favorite part of this show. Fighting each other one on one, and when the one guy had to be reeled in, they put him in again against Jack Osbourne, who already had to wait to go last.

The difference in the teams carrying the boat was quite striking.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the one team made it look doable, the other team made it look impossible.
I also hate the fighting. having them fight each other is just ick. I'd feel better if they were fighting a staff!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the boat carrying thing was highly dependent on how many women you had on your team? Plus when Kelly kept giving up because her back hurt... too hard to do with 3 people.

I hate the fighting as well. Altho I'm kind of glad they sent someone who was already tired to fight Jack.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tired, maybe, but he had to be reeled in the first time. seems like his situation online makes him unstable.

Glad that is over. I had managed to forget about that from last season.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
FYI because of baseball, Special Forces (and also Kitchen Nightmares) will not be shown for 2 weeks. Returns November 6th.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kind of a strange ending.. one is let go, then one quits (and that was unexpected) and then the last three all win..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was really surprised by Jojo. I thought she'd take it all the way! I was also surprised by Nick V. I thought he'd quit very early on.

This isn't a show with one winner. If you get to the end without messing up that final task, I think you "win".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 30, 2023 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah I know it isn't a one winner show.. I just wasn't as engaged as at the end of last season and then when Jojo quit I kind of zoned out.. I thought Jojo would be there all the way.. close..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it was less climatic because last season they were locked in boxes and stayed there until ?... this time, they just finished 'torturing' them and then returned them to their barracks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, very different.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: