TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 22, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 31: Archive through November 22, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I actually think Heidi did better than Jordin on this last show.

Tyra got her costume change in....but does she have to be in the middle of every conversation? You are not funny or engaging Tyra. Far as I can tell, everyone still wants her out.

I was reading an article that said they gave Tyra an ultimatum. Either she was going to be fired or she had to agree with to work with Alfonso as cohost. And that if this year doesn't work they are going to cancel the show. I don't know if any of that is true.

I was thinking, since as far as I know, they renewed it for 2 years, at least they could bring in another female host and see how that goes before canceling it. I would like to see one of the female dancing pros, myself. Maybe Emma? She is already hosting the tour.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sad and amazing how they managed to ruin a show that had seen solid success for so many seasons.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, they have done so many things to damage this show.

I agreed with the decision to send Jordan home. I think she was the weaker dancer.

And wow, that Derek Hough dance two weeks ago. Amazing! That's why I watch this show. I mostly FF through all of the chit chat and scoring. I just want to see the dances.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Absolutely agree with you, Brenda. Heidi is a better dancer than Jordan was and has been much more consistent. It was the right decision.

When Tyra came out in her second outfit, I wasn't even looking at the TV, cause I was distracted by the dog, but I just heard hubby say, "Wow. Tyra's wearing a onsie." She should not wear velvet or anything tight-fitted. Not at all attractive.

I noticed there was a point in the show where she butted into a conversation and asked some inane question, but then almost immediately said to the dancers, "Okay, we need you to get upstairs and get your scores." I think producers told her to shut up and move the show along. Do your job and quit trying to make it all about you, Tyra.

I do love Alphonso, though. He is so much fun and reminds me so much of Tom Bergeron with his quips and his sense of humor. Plus he's not always trying to be the center of attention.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I love Alphonso too. They should jsut let him host alone, or with someone new. I didn't even look at Tyra's halloween costumes. FF is a wonderful thing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Two went home last night....,.................................

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
the mother of the mother and daughter and the guy from Jersey Shore. The daughter was in the top scores category.. Sorry I know absolutely nothing about these people

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to enjoy what is probably my next to last year of DWTS. Tyra is making that almost impossible. If they hadn't already renewed it, this would probably be the last. The ratings are abysmal. The double whammy of not only getting rid of Tom and Erin but replacing them with Tyra...then moving it to Disney+ is proving to be a deadly cocktail for the shows survival.

The pro dancers have been upset that they slashed their earnings almost in half. Now that there are no commercials and its live, everyone is now working more, for less money. It's extra stress on the whole crew.

There's a certain amount of prestige that goes with being on prime time TV that they have lost. All have been begging to be put back on ABC but the executives have made it clear that's not going to happen. I'm hoping we won't start losing more pro dancers. So many of both front of the house and back, haven't returned over the last years. First because of internal politics with changing of producers etc, then with everything else added on. If the show survives next year...we might well have background dancers as our pros and some B-list celebs as judges. lol

I so love this show. I even paid for Disney+ to continue watching. I am so sad at what they have done to this show over time. I feel bad for the DWTS crew. The addition of Alphonso is perhaps, too little too late. The only chance they have is the replacement of Tyra. I know everyone already watching would be happy. I don't know if at this point it would add new viewers? They have sort of gone down the proverbial rabbit hole.

I am enjoying the dancing. It made me very happy they went back to having more of it with the dance demos and the sprinkling of dance numbers throughout. I love the audience is back. They finally got their costume department back inline. In addition to some other changes, the pandemic also affected the availability of fabric and notions. Most of the textiles we get come from other countries. Many of them from China. The ones available skyrocketed in price. Thankfully they are coming back from it. I'm just crossing my fingers for the future of the show!

Love everyone that's on this year. It was quite an eye opening moment when they cut the music for Daniel and Britt to demonstrate what dancing without being able to hear the music was actually like. It even surprised his dance pro Britt.

Holy cow, as to learning that at 50 years old, Wyane does 3 Let's Make Deal shows a day, is hosting the CMA Awards, appearing on American Gigolo and somehow squeezes in hours of dance practice, costume fittings and filming the show!

Actually, like Derek said, DWTS is hard! Hats off to all the celebs for their continual work and commitment!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, isn't the rule that it's not a spoiler once the show has aired? Hence, no need for a black box.

Hubby and I are still enjoying this show, with the exception of Tyra, who insists on inserting herself into every conversation. I must have yelled, "Shut up, Tyra!" at my TV 5 or 6 times last night.

Absolutely adore Alphonso! He is single-handedly saving this show. When he came out and danced with the dance crew, hubby and I were laughing our butts off! He was great, too, but it was so unexpected. You never saw Tom Bergeron (or any other host) do that. I'll bet it was eating Tyra up that Alphonso was getting the spotlight, rather than her.

I'm surprised at how much Trevor has improved. Also surprised at how far Vinnie from Jersey Shore was able to get. He tried really hard and apparently had a ton of fan support, but last night was his time to go. Also agreed that it was Heidi's time, though she did well on the show.

Like all of the people remaining. The show also doesn't seem as rushed now that it's streaming with no commercials.

Except for Tyra. Ugh.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Baby lol my husband yells "Shut up Tyra" every time she makes a comment....you are not alone

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It seems like people are not necessarily watching this show in real time and earlier in the season I posted a result and someone was spoiled.

I don't even watch, since I don't have the app or whatever it runs on, but I always watch the 11pm news on ABC so I get the results immediately after the show (or they record then, I might watch later), so out of an abundance of caution, in case someone openes the thread I just use the spoiler box.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
trying to watch at 5pm on a work nite is hard. I dont get home until 620 but I have every other Monday off so I watch live on those days

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watch delayed so I appreciate when the spoilers are not the first few words so I don't see any until i'm ready to come to this thread. it's tough though as I see a lot of articles on social media about dwts, so I try to scroll on by!

I think the correct two people went home this week. I look forward to the semi-finals. It's been a fun season, but I really wish it would move back to network TV. I do not like watching on disney+.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, . Your hubby and I are muy sympatico.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Baby lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They are down to the final four ............................

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
entertainer, the bachelorette, the tik tok star and the drag queen. Trevor Donavan,

Daniel Durant was eliminated. And someone else they may not have mentioned.

Whitney is pregnant with second child and Len Goodman is leaving the show.

Gabby, two perfect scores

Charli also two perfect scores.

Wayne Brady and Shangela in the finals.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 1:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So sad Len announced this was his last season!!! It just won't be the same without him. I hope they replace him with an equally talented and professional retired dancer. Not a celeb like they have been doing on some other shows.

The level of dancing has truly been exceptional this season. I think the right 4 couples made it in to the finale. The choreography has been spectacular. Next week should be great. I just love this show...minus you know who...lol

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
As good as Daniel was, I would have been furious if they hadnt saved Shangela... they so deserve to be in the final, even though i am rooting for Charli for the win.

All four have consistently given stellar performances ... i just see Charli and Shangela as having that wow factor in terms of the emotions that come with the great dancing but maybe that is because of their great partners/choreography...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Two possible replacements for Len that come to mind...if they pick someone from the "family". Cheryl Burke has been voicing for years that she would like to be a judge. But I would love to see Max on the panel. He's tough like Len and my favorite Pro. However, he now has his wife and brother on the show lol. Although in the past, as guest judge, he didn't show any favoritism. Both Derek and his Sister Julianne have been judges on the panel while the other was competing. So I'm guessing that wouldn't be an issue?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was most interested in seeing Shangela this season. I’ve loved her since the first time she was on RuPauls show. I liked a lot of ppl on this season but I’m not paying for the extra show. Maybe I can you tube to see shangela.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, they have all the dances on YouTube. They already have last night's up since this morning. Go look at the Paso Doble she did last night. Killer. She also did a Samba too. They all did two dances.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree that the correct final four advanced. It's really been a good season (of dancing). I think Charli will likely win and knowing her dance background and that she worked on a TV special with Derek and sister Hough just highlights even more how much training she's had. She should be dominating!

I've really enjoyed Shangela and was voting for her last night so I was very pleased the judges agreed.

I was finally able to get it streaming via my firestick and was even able to rewind. I'm still not won over on having these shows on apps (I hate Thursday night football on Amazon too). But I'm slowly learning to deal with it (although it took me 15 minutes to get logged in!)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Shangela is my fav!!! I also have loved her for years! yes, Charli is great but I want Shangie to win. I know she wont, even with Gaga promoting her the millions of followers Charli has guarantees her a win.

I agree it was time for Trevor to go but I was still sad, he really tried hard and was so likeable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with you re: Trevor, Pamy. He really improved a lot. I always liked him on 90210. So handsome!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 21, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It is such bs that they gave Shangie and Wayne quickstep and the other 2 jazzy more fun dances!! Quckstep is one of the hardest and honestly can be boring compared to cha cha and jive

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
As much as i wanted Charli for the win, i am so disappointed Shangela didnt have a comeback win, they definitely had a comeback performance. I am furious they got 4th place.